Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Devils Affricate posted:

*sees someone leave their turn signal on too long*

"Well that's dumb and pointless"

:siren::siren::siren: RAGE POLICE, STEP OUT OF THE VEHICLE NOW :siren::siren::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klugman
Jan 28, 2009

girls sitting on someone’s shoulder and loving the band (usually at a festival, so the Muppets band could be playin. Somehow blocking 1000 people).

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

I know! It's incredible. So much anger, all I'm doing is enjoying this music and trying to time the signals to the beat.

I've thought for many years that windshield wipers should have a setting to do exactly that, to hit the top and bottom of the swish right on the beat of the song that's playing. Could do the same thing for the blinkers too, come to think of it. The audio processing can't be very difficult.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

omg none of you should drive

ban private cars

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I don't really know or care what the original argument was but when you leave your turn signal on after merging/changing lanes it fucks me up because I don't know if you're just not paying attention or if you're going to continue changing lanes

namaste

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I would love it if they had traffic cop positions that were available as volunteers, like firemen. I would look forward to every Friday so I could suit up, put on my mirror glasses and pull every motherfucker over. I'd probably have to limit myself to people just speeding 40 over and running stop lights.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I would work for the CHP for free if they let me pull over people cruising in the passing lane just to tell them to knock it off

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Junk posted:

i meant putting them only solely for a curved road. here's a map of what i'm even talking about :

i get what you are talking about now and while it is mildly irritating i have a hard time understanding your level of anger about it.

like, when someone doesn't use turn signals at all, its dangerous and can cause an accident.

but when someone overuses turn signals in places where they aren't necessary, again its maybe slightly annoying, but it's incredibly unlikely to cause any real danger on the road. of all the stupid things people do in cars it seems like kind of an odd one to make a fuss about.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

oh im sorry i thought this was the thread where you talk about dumb poo poo other people do that bugs you

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Enfys posted:

omg none of you should drive

ban private cars

Unironically.

I judge people for doing the exact thing that I just learned to stop doing, I'm so smart.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Junk posted:

oh im sorry i thought this was the thread where you talk about dumb poo poo other people do that bugs you

it is, and i'm telling you that your posts are the dumb poo poo that bugs me.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Earwicker posted:

it is, and i'm telling you that your posts are the dumb poo poo that bugs me.

then read a thread that isn't about this? i dont know what to tell you, dude

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

turm singal

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

:kingsley:

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

Junk posted:

i wasn't even referring to leaving the blinkers on after a merge, althought that's annoying too, i meant putting them only solely for a curved road. here's a map of what i'm even talking about :

this is the same road my photo from earlier is from

Hello, I am signaling that I am about to exit here. My blinker is still on as I am still exiting. As you can see, I have run out of options for where to drive such that I must now merge to the left. My car is now driving in a straight line due to being in the lane meant for accelerating to match speed with the other vehicles, and thus the blinker has now refrained from the previous blinking. It is at this point that I must do what is required of me by utilizing my blinker to indicate a leftward merge of my vehicle into the flow of the traffic. This is a completely obvious maneuver on the part of me, as there are concrete barriers to prevent me from continuing to drive straight, as there is but one option that I am able to take with my vehicle making the aforementioned use of my blinker quite unnecessary.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Meme Poker Party posted:

My head is spinning. Did the other men exclude me from this conspiracy? Or have I been an unknowing participant all along? Have I been going about my life rudely blocking untold numbers of large, given-up women with my careless gait, and not even realized it? Is oppression so deeply woven into my DNA that I subconsciously move directly into the path of women and then anchor myself like a sumo wrestler on the ring's edge? Or is my aggressive saunter simply a product of my swarthy Italian heritage?

love this extremely reasonable response to ‘sometimes men aren’t considerate in public’

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

"Oh, I don't read books, I just watch TV and movies."

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
People who make "I read lots of books" a big part of their identity and assume that it makes them superior

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

People who have the tv on all the time, with all the ads, when they’re not even watching it

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
People who own little dogs. Especially little white dogs or pugs.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
"Actually, this is fine"

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1550549509230530561

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Drivers who inch forward, pause, inch forward, pause, inch forward while the traffic lights are on red.

What the gently caress are you doing?

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

Stoatbringer posted:

Drivers who inch forward, pause, inch forward, pause, inch forward while the traffic lights are on red.

Probably on that dang phone again

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Stoatbringer posted:

I don't drive, but my family, at least, believes there's sensors under the intersection that tell the traffic lights to switch, and do this to try to trigger the sensors.
I have no idea if this is based in any truth but writing it out, sounds like superstition.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

People who need to be glued to my rear bumper in heavy traffic or at red lights

at red lights it's annoying (just, why? and if someone bumps you from behind you're gonna bump into me now) but in traffic it's just nerve-wracking. You can follow close enough to prevent others from squeezing in without being so close I can barely see your hood in the rear view mirror, gently caress off.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Stoatbringer posted:

i figure this is impatience or the fallacy of doing something (ie i'm not sitting still, i'm still moving toward my destination). it's funny when the light turns green and then they hesitate and lurch off the line slowly anyway

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
sincere tweeting

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
saying "sportsball"

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
editing a post thats at the top of a page to mention "sniping"

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
caring about double/triple/quadruple posting. who cares loser

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

The Butcher posted:

A neighbour a block away has an untrained covid dog she keeps outside and it's just small-midsize, so high pitch, which travels pretty good, all day, and most of the night. It's getting a bit insane.

If I can hear it from here all loving day, her next door neighbours must be going nuts.

I don't want to be a dick about this, and I don't blame the dog, it's just doing dog stuff.

So I thought maybe I would print and leave some training resources for her on the inside of the fence. Who to get in contact with locally to help and all that. She also just yells at it to shut up. That... Doesn't work with dogs.

If no change after that, I think I have to ask the SPCA make a welfare check. The dog is clearly stressed all the time, and hundreds of people are being bothered.

I don't want it to be taken away, but I don't really see any other option if she doesn't even try.

I have seen so many people get angry at the dog in this situation, good on you for realizing that it is the owner's fault and trying to get the dog help.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Getting a fact wrong on an intenet message board and after being corrected saying "i shouldn't post tired" or "i haven't had my coffee yet"

If you have to make excuses for loving up at least come up with something better

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Farg posted:

e: whoops terrible snype! have a tax:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When I'm wrong about something on the forums I usually just post "owned" because I can fess up to being wrong, but due to the nature of online discourse will probably confuse and possibly annoy the person who corrected me. And that's never not fun.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Using my name in every sentence when you're talking to me

It's either completely insincere or you are psychotic

Stop it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Farg posted:

seriously nobody has ever cared, it’s like people are still posting ‘first post’

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Icochet posted:

Getting a fact wrong on an intenet message board and after being corrected saying "i shouldn't post tired" or "i haven't had my coffee yet"

If you have to make excuses for loving up at least come up with something better

i usually mess up because i’m too awake

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

The Bloop posted:

Using my name in every sentence when you're talking to me

It's either completely insincere or you are psychotic

Stop it

I work with someone who does this and she stops (a little) if I turn it back on her.

"Drimble my email isn't working and I really need it Drimble can you look into it Drimble please?"

"Sure thing Sherry, I'll see if there are any other issues going on Sherry ok Sherry?"

I also judge people who refer to the surface outside as the floor rather than the ground; I suspect Sherry calls it the floor too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Earwicker posted:

i get what you are talking about now and while it is mildly irritating i have a hard time understanding your level of anger about it.

like, when someone doesn't use turn signals at all, its dangerous and can cause an accident.

but when someone overuses turn signals in places where they aren't necessary, again its maybe slightly annoying, but it's incredibly unlikely to cause any real danger on the road. of all the stupid things people do in cars it seems like kind of an odd one to make a fuss about.

If someone indicates briefly on a curve or leaves their indicator on for a bit too long I can understand it. If someone is driving miles on a straight road with their indicator on or using their indicator when there is no merging/turning happening (eg, a winding mountain road) I would assume they are either wildly distracted or wildly incompetent and do everything in my power to get away from them before they cause an accident.

Driving in a manner that is contrary to established road rules is dangerous, even if what you are doing is fundamentally harmless, because nobody else will know how to interpret your behaviour and will be distracted therefore more likely to be involved in or cause an accident themselves.