Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Yeah Kenning do you have a kofi or some other slush fund we can chip into so you can buy yourself a round of drinks for this?

Always appreciative of your effort but even more so with this utterly cursed basho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bentai posted:

For crying out loud..
Tochi, my guy, Chiyoshoma was 5-7, you KNEW he was going to pull some henka poo poo, c'mooooon. :smith:

It was HILARIOUS. Such an elaborate song-and-dance routine to set it up as well

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

May I have some Hoshoryu or Abiin exchange for one broken Daieisho please?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

This is so loving dumb, it's clear to anyone with eyes that anyone walking in to that building can be assumed infected at this point, partially I'm sure due to the Nagoya crowd's complete inability to even pretend to keep masks on, and that's with cameras pointing at them, I can just imagine the bullshit that's happening backstage which is where the rikishi are forced to walk right by people.

I'm so sad for Tamawashi.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Please pull from my initial list to replace Tobizaru and Daiesho; I'm too bummed out by how this basho is going r.e. COVID to actually check who I'd have on deck.

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

Ooooooooof.

Since it's so close to the end I'm not going to try to trade and just run it out. Just need my last 3 guys to win and double runner up. With another prize maybe. That's all, we got this.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
lol what is even my score?

God bless you Kenning, this thread, and Sumo at large.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

What an absolute shitshow

From the COVID mess to Wakatakakage choking on the final leg of his ozeki run, I can’t think of a basho that’s been a bigger letdown.

Please trade Tobizaru for Tochinoshin, I guess. Let’s see if the old dog has one more win in him.

Do you think they will give special prizes to kyujo rikishi that still got KK? Tobizaru for sure deserves fighting spirit. Also, they are going to be left with no one but Shodai to receive the awards otherwise.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Also, they are going to be left with no one but Shodai to receive the awards otherwise.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Unreasonably excited for Teru - Shoudai tomorrow.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bentai posted:

For crying out loud..
Tochi, my guy, Chiyoshoma was 5-7, you KNEW he was going to pull some henka poo poo, c'mooooon. :smith:

Goddamnit not what I wanted to see when I woke up

Everyones Favorite Poster
Dec 6, 2017

:toot:
What a basho lol

Kenning can I please trade Tobizaru for Aoiyama, Hokutofuji, Tochinoshin in that order unless I got an auto-trade for day 13 already? Thank you!

Eli949
Oct 23, 2008
This was a rough day for the heya. Two COVID withdrawals, two matched up against each other.

Nishikigi got his KK before he got COVID, thankfully. With Tsurugisho out, I will take the next of my M11 picks, Midorifuji.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

I don't think I have anyone out but I have genuinely lost track so just in case I want to make it clear that I will not be trading, not matter what.

Ride or Sho-dai.

Also this basho is loving cursed and the only thing that could possibly even partially redeem it is if the jokes come true and Shodai gets the yusho by being too lazy to catch covid.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

How many folks still have their original five? I feel like if you make it to the end of the basho with all five still intact and wrestling you should get a pat on the head or something.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Oh Tsurugisho is out as well from my picks... well, I'll trade for....

nah I don't even care anymore.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Yeah, I'm doing a little fantasy league for a small group of friends and this morning we went "nah man, try again next time"

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

It turns out that the real fantasy was thinking we’d make it through this basho

Apropos of nothing, I’m unceremoniously declaring intai after my kyujo. Honestly this basho is a shitshow but I have had a lot more fun watching it when I don’t have any dogs in the fight. I don’t mean that to sound like fantasy is bad, but with my personality I found myself not caring about bouts that didn’t feature my wrestlers, and once I had no real stakes in the game. This is 100% just a “me” thing, though.

Kenning, thanks so much for running this!

So I’m hanging up my mawashi having clawed my way up to Yokogoona all of once which I think was still a pretty cool achievement. Clearly the Tokushoryu of fantasy!

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 23, 2022

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Shodai.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

SHODAI. That is all.

Actually, the Takakeisho/WTK fight was pretty good too.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Shodai.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

zabuton

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

It wouldn't be a Shodai match if he didn't fall rear end-backwards into a win that caused the most chaos in the standings. :laffo:

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I love Shodai.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Just watched the Takakeisho/Wakatakakage match. That shimpan's gonna feel that in the morning. :lol:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Yokozuna Shoudai

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
loving Shodai, honestly. He's inscrutable

The only one who could be an ozeki and still get a zabuton to the face

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 23, 2022

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003
I'd tax all foreigners living abroad.

Banana Canada posted:

If Endo is out can I get my other M1-5 still-standing pick of Ichinojo? If yes, I'd like to do that first.

If not and if Daieisho is also out then I'd like to trade out Daieisho for Wakatakakage > Hoshoryu > Abi. I will then pick my trade for Endo tomorrow after seeing today's results because if all the other M1-5 lose their bouts today, I don't see any point in even trading out Endo seeing as I'd immediately pick up -0.5 for a second trade (does this penalty still apply for kyujo autotrades?) and -0.5 for a 2nd MK since no other remaining M1-5 rikishi can make KK if they lose their next bout and the rikishi would only be in my stable for the final day.

Didn't see any updates on how my request panned out (probably because you are tearing your top knot out trying to manage your spreadsh*ts). I'll give my final-day kyujo trade instructions dependent on how my prior request was handled.

If already got Ichinojo for my M1-5, then I would like to trade Daieisho for Hoshoryu > Abi > Wakatakakage in that order.

If I got my S/K Daieisho trade already, then I would like to trade Endo for Kiribayama > Ura in that order. If neither are available, then I will stick with Endo since all other choices would come with an immediate -1, making a trade neutral points at best and negative points at worst.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Shodai

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I have COVID and my throat hurts so much but I still laughed like a crazy person when Shodai got the zabuton to the head.

100% worth the pain.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Shodai. Just... Shodai.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Pure chaos basho continues.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Shodai.

Teru never should have given him the chance for an easy win, of course Shodai would be all over that.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Going to be a tense last day for me. Kiribayama and Tochinoshin both going in 7-7 with one last chance to get KK, Takakeishio vs Terunofuji to provoke a 3 way playoff if Ichinojo and Teru both lose, or see them both lose if Ichinojo wins his earlier match and Teru loses.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Liquid Communism posted:

Shodai. Just... Shodai.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Once more:

SHODAI.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Is there a clip of the ultimate instance of Shodai?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shodai shodai’d today but Waka looked awesome against Takakeisho. His he still on track towards an ozeki promotion or us he lost that run?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

Shodai shodai’d today but Waka looked awesome against Takakeisho. His he still on track towards an ozeki promotion or us he lost that run?

He's lost his run. I think he needed 11 to have a reasonable shot, or for it to continue onto next basho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Feeling tempted