Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
you can get an item that lets you completely change your appearance including race but I'm not sure how easy it is to come by besides the freebie you get toward the end of arr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You're almost there

:namazu:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looper posted:

you can get an item that lets you completely change your appearance including race but I'm not sure how easy it is to come by besides the freebie you get toward the end of arr

It's really easy to get :10bux:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
somehow that comment made me suddenly annoyed at the memory of the neat toys in WoW that all have really arbitrary and unfun limits on them, because "gently caress you we're Blizzard we don't do what y'all want"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14

I hired retainers and oh my god I have bag space again phewwwwwww

My CSI: Eorzea investigations have led me to a crazy disfigured noblewoman who is mutilating the staff :stare:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Rarity posted:

FF14

My CSI: Eorzea investigations have led me to a crazy disfigured noblewoman who is mutilating the staff :stare:

Don't worry, you'll soon have no space left!

(Yoshi P please let us throw poo poo from retainer inventories, I have stuff from 2015 that I could throw away but I ain't grabbing it with my already full bag)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You can vendor stuff from the retainer inventory screen...

What I want is a "grab all" button, for when it's craft-o'clock

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Khanstant posted:

somehow that comment made me suddenly annoyed at the memory of the neat toys in WoW that all have really arbitrary and unfun limits on them, because "gently caress you we're Blizzard we don't do what y'all want"
didn't they eventually fix the Furbolg Rod so you could no longer turn into a hideous furbolg model wielding some tier 4 epic stave or something in the middle of a raid

no fun allowed

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rarity posted:

FF14

Make sure to send your retainers on Ventures to get stuff and level them up!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

didn't they eventually fix the Furbolg Rod so you could no longer turn into a hideous furbolg model wielding some tier 4 epic stave or something in the middle of a raid

no fun allowed

if it was some way to bring joy, novelty, or variety to repeating officially sanctioned mundane button-press routine activities, then they definitely "fixed" it by restricting where you can use it, limiting how long it works, and adding a cooldown before you can have another moment of looking slightly smaller or having cool footprints.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Jay Rust posted:

You can vendor stuff from the retainer inventory screen...

What I want is a "grab all" button, for when it's craft-o'clock

Ah yes, let me sell this spider silk that you get every time you kill an ARR mob and Crystal Tower gear I saved for when I maxed DRG in ARR (I did not max it until ShB).

Admitedly I should sell/throw away all the old materia I kept for the ARR relic, given after 8ish years I haven't finished the ARR relic.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Khanstant posted:

if it was some way to bring joy, novelty, or variety to repeating officially sanctioned mundane button-press routine activities, then they definitely "fixed" it by restricting where you can use it, limiting how long it works, and adding a cooldown before you can have another moment of looking slightly smaller or having cool footprints.

Permanent cool footprints would break the game balance. You're clearly not a game dev

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lol they added a class with a double jump and a glide but never designed anything around it and never even jokingly thought about making other classes fun to control while moving

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
they make you fight so many feet even though monster hunter and shadow of colostrum were invented 500 years ago

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Kerrzhe posted:

there's technically 2 ARR cinematics

the original 1.0 launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg6yutR3AG0 which shows the Battle of Silvertear Skies, garleans vs. Midgardsormr and the dragons over Mor Dhona

Later FF14 spoilers The Crystarium is partially based on the bar that not-Ardbert is at, along with a tech demo released at about the same time iirc. And of course, his party when he's fighting the marlboro marbol is Ardbert's party in The First.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Chev posted:

Rise of the Robots of course, it's long due for a reboot.
Only if doing flying kick lets you beat every opponent in the game with no effort still.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Will it still feature one riff from Brian May

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it may

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I preordered the special edition of Bayonetta 3

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Khanstant posted:

yeah I looked it up and that furbolg stick quest item got changed to only work in Ashenvale, and the one that worked anywhere required hitting Exalted reputation status with the Furbolg Clan. I knew someone who did that and it definitely took them literal months to accomplish through INSANE grinding in a very heavily-contested zone where people on both factions were always doing quests

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah I looked it up and that furbolg stick quest item got changed to only work in Ashenvale, and the one that worked anywhere required hitting Exalted reputation status with the Furbolg Clan. I knew someone who did that and it definitely took them literal months to accomplish through INSANE grinding in a very heavily-contested zone where people on both factions were always doing quests

lol gently caress that, fun haters indeed

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i remember when they truly solidified the "no fun allowed" stance, by adding a set of fun rhinestone sunglasses as a reward for playing their transmog contest minigame, except you could only wear them during the actual transmog event, which runs for a single week like twice a year

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm on trial day 2 of case 2 in Dual Destinies and maybe the original trilogy had this problem and I just don't remember but I feel like this game has a lot of typos and grammar errors in it.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm on trial day 2 of case 2 in Dual Destinies and maybe the original trilogy had this problem and I just don't remember but I feel like this game has a lot of typos and grammar errors in it.

The og versions of the first trilogy had typoes too, including a very infamous grammatical error during the 2nd game's final case. I think the rereleases fixed them.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

:(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That sentence was the miracle all along...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

The og versions of the first trilogy had typoes too, including a very infamous grammatical error during the 2nd game's final case. I think the rereleases fixed them.

I knew about the infamous one, I just don't remember there being quite as many instances of stuff like saying "statute" instead of "stature" or "identity" instead of "identify."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh my god this loving trial. Still on day 2 of monstrous turnabout.

How has it taken this long for any of the characters to say "maybe someone was hiding behind the big folding screen" when that's been sitting there the entire time aaaaaaaa

Fuckin a

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I've been playing through the Live a Live remake, and so far it has been pretty great! It's pretty clear that the team behind it cared about the original game and added a lot of little touches to improve the experience.

I just completed Distant Future, and there's two nice details they added with some nice adjustments 2/3rds of the way through the chapters.

#1 is an objective map that you can reference throughout the game to know where you need to go to advance the plot. When OD-10 makes their heel turn, the objective markers either lead you to the behemoth or straight into traps.

#2 is the loading screens. When the chapter begins they all have little tooltips describing the crew, parts of the ship, etc. When OD-10 turns villainous, they all say 'I would advise you to stop. This ship is my domain, and I, its master'

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Man I really need to find our switch

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Khanstant posted:

There was a trinket that made a cone of fire effect in front of your character, and as a druid in bear form it made you look like a fire breathing bear. It was awesome and they broke the use of the effect when shapeshifted, naturally.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How did people ever tolerate 30 fps, low fov (brown grey) shooters?

Resistance Fall of Man feels so awful to play. Besides the above, the camera controls are off, and for some reason closer aiming is a toggle and crouching isn't.

And look at this color palette.

It's also very linear. Corridor after thinly disguised corridor. The game ticks off all the stereotypes off the 7th gen shooter checklist.

I remember this game reviewing well, but I'm not seeing why.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The PS3 era was a dark time

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What the gently caress is this court case oh my god, just loving end already

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It has a ton of weapon variety and actually let's you used them all with the weapon wheel unlike 2. That goes up to and including NG+ which has three brand new weapons to keep the playthrough fresh. It has full co-op, and a meaty campaign. It's also less linear right around when Hale enters the first conversion center

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
i continue to tolerate 30 fps, and, hell, even 20 fps, to this day

id probably tolerate 15 fps but im not aware of any games that run at that to test

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

launch cyberpunk on a ps4

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

i continue to tolerate 30 fps, and, hell, even 20 fps, to this day

id probably tolerate 15 fps but im not aware of any games that run at that to test

I also booted up Wind Waker recently (stuck at 30 even emulated; you can hack in 60 for Resistance), and that was totally fine. It all depends on the type of game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
i have never noticed the difference between 30 and 60. considering how much people complain about 30, i consider this a superpower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

i have never noticed the difference between 30 and 60. considering how much people complain about 30, i consider this a superpower

I don't think this would hold up when playing an fps, especially with a mouse