Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Phenotype posted:

Is that what's happening?? I hate broadcast TV, just drop the episode at midnight (or often at like 9pm the day before) and let us get to it whenever we have time.

I have no problem with an episode dropping on a streaming service at the same time it premieres live, but this show absolutely deserves a 9:00 PM time slot :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Just pretend the release is tomorrow and they're releasing it early tonight.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Phenotype posted:

Is that what's happening?? I hate broadcast TV, just drop the episode at midnight (or often at like 9pm the day before) and let us get to it whenever we have time.

That's what they're doing. 11:00 pm tonight.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Friday is an objectively better day to watch TV than Saturday. Everybody knows that!!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

It's kind of incredible that I think Nathan only broke character twice in the show that I can easily think of. The grandson piss guy and the exorcism.

i think he soft-breaks a lot. like the lawyer guy who was being a dick in the frozen yogurt episode and he was like "don't people who drive porsches have small penises" and especially when the guy is "you said you're a penis expert" and nathan goes "...what?!"

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Or this one with the private investigator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwVMrp9DKxI

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
The grandsons pee one will never not make me laugh. "What are you talking about?"

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

inferis posted:

Dude, you told him about tag team bro?

Shout out to J Squad

https://youtu.be/h1xCqptlNcM?t=375

I love that the weirdness of the situation is heightened by him wearing an elf suit while talking to the Ohio Tag Team Bros about this.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the tag team bros are the funniest poo poo ever on this show

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

What is it about Nathan that attracts the most parasocial viewership?

I'd guess that it's because of how relatable he is to high-functioning nerds. There really isn't any other personality on tv like him. On youtube you have a lot of those personalities, and the parasocial thing flourishes there too.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
my parasocial relationship with nathan is based on me being unethical and evil, please speak for yourself

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

my parasocial relationship with nathan is based on me being unethical and evil, please speak for yourself

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I NEED NATHAN

I NEED HIM RIGHT NOW

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

sticksy posted:

Shout out to J Squad

https://youtu.be/h1xCqptlNcM?t=375

I love that the weirdness of the situation is heightened by him wearing an elf suit while talking to the Ohio Tag Team Bros about this.

best bit is nathan's saucy plate-break to help her get another sale and just the look he gives

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

sticksy posted:

I don’t remember the episode but also the brothers when he followed them back to their apartment and they talked about boning down in the same room with random chicks.

The least surprised I've ever been for someone to be from Ohio

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Or this one with the private investigator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwVMrp9DKxI

After rewatching this episode this afternoon, it led me to look at Wolfe's Yelp page, some pretty good reviews on there now :lol:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/wolfes-investigations-los-angeles-4

One example:

quote:

Quality PI ... A little talkative though... That cost him a star... Also, seems a little paranoid... Asked me to get in his truck and thought I was someone else. Not cool bro...

His interactions with Wolfe might be my favorite recurring character on the show.

Well, him or anything with Solomon, who somehow makes it even 100x more awkward than Nathan does, but he's a sweet guy.

edit: some kind soul compiled a list of many of the businesses Nathan helped, and here's his profile with some of his reviews:
https://www.yelp.com/collection/L_2uqDdoGAvxAFc4BdAM7A/List-of-Nathan-for-You-businesses
https://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=yTUkdErRB_xZDOd9IIVuzw

sticksy fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 23, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
rewatching S4 to get my Nathan fix in prep for tonight (got my NFY shirt, hat and mug ready to go :toot: ), i like how in the middle of the clips of funny stories about being pulled over, he uses a Leah Remini clip where if you know her the context is that the LAPD was literally on the Scientology payroll and harassing her

just one of those little tiny moments of pure darkness he puts in there sometimes lmao

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I have very little exposure to Nathan For You (I think one episode and a couple of clips, tops), but this sounded real interesting and was a good opportunity to check out his new project right at the start. I loved it! I've been to the Alligator Lounge, as well, which was a nice small personal touch to help me recognize the mind-boggling amount of work and attention to detail on display here. Pumped to see the second episode tonight. (And I wonder what small detail will fry a poster's brain and create this week's tycho.)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
OK, N4U rewatch done. Finding Frances still as good as I remember.

Two things:
I forgot bill predicting trump as president lmao.
I don't want to like sound like I am over analyzing it because a large part of it is probably just him being a goober, but bill's weird thing of making people guess who he is on the phone is sorta the perfect encapsulation of his loneliness.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Do you think Nathan actually hired Solomon as an intern?

Just rewatching the one where he makes him do that girls makeup lol.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

This weeks ep is way shorter :(

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

EL BROMANCE posted:

This weeks ep is way shorter :(

It’s also way more insane.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Holy poo poo this dude

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

veni veni veni posted:

Holy poo poo this dude

Legitimately he just gets more insane as it goes on.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The roommate and the license plate poo poo lol.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I was definitely hooked from the insane first scene.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wonder if the production was more involved with the boyfriends involvement than was implied because holy poo poo.

At first I thought this episode would’ve been better airing last week as it’s the introduction to the arc, but holy poo poo this guy. I wouldn’t want my kid left alone with him for sure, screams QAnon mentality with all the religious and number significance poo poo.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I had an inkling the show was going to actually be about Nathan and I'm really glad they are going in that direction so brilliantly

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Hebrews 11: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh my god

"i was drinking standing on the corner drinking 40s and smoking weed"
"they are not guiding this, Lord, you are"
"is it okay to drive without a license plate?" "yeah!"

just, holy poo poo

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The dude and his roommate about to get Into the fight was making me laugh so loving hard.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The_Rob posted:

The dude and his roommate about to get Into the fight was making me laugh so loving hard.

I loved how the roommate was like "I don't know know why you're focusing on the numbers as much as thinking 'I might have met the right person for me'" which is a completely reasonable thing to say and the other guy was just so pissy to hear it. He knew there were going to be other people's kids in the house including babies and he was packing his bong. You gotta have the feeling that he was trying to saying what he needed to say to try and get laid. He was absolutely a scumbag. There's got to be a whole other story there about how he's coasted through life and I'm intrigued to know what his deal is.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Second episode made me laugh, overall liked it, but seeing that the third episode will continue this family business has me pretty skeptical Nathan will make something compelling out of it. I'm just worried he will lean on the "yearning for a family" lever too hard/often.

Or maybe that's right where he wants me and my mind will be blown by the actual story! Enjoyed the first episode a lot more, though.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Really does take a special type of person to weaponise "God bless you" during an argument

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I was sure that Robin was an actor that Nathan built based on her failed dates right up until the car ride. But holy poo poo, they actually found a Christian numerologist for her.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Space Fish posted:

Second episode made me laugh, overall liked it, but seeing that the third episode will continue this family business has me pretty skeptical Nathan will make something compelling out of it. I'm just worried he will lean on the "yearning for a family" lever too hard/often.

Or maybe that's right where he wants me and my mind will be blown by the actual story! Enjoyed the first episode a lot more, though.

Sounds like the family thing is the arc, and the season will have more individual stories interspersed like the first episode.

My hope is the family thing is so good they were able to get a ton of footage out of it that meant it couldn’t just be contained to a single episode or two.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

veni veni veni posted:

Holy poo poo this dude

I had to pause to empty quote this when he broke out the bong.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
(friendly chuckle)

Let's not let the dude being crazy distract from the fact that the lady is also a loving loon.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 23, 2022

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
It eels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I haven't heard a show talk about the scion tc this much since frisky dingo