Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

A good beer served as cold as possible kinda sucks. Its muted and mineral tasting. Zero character.

Unless you just want to suck down the ABV as fast as possible, I guess.

Super cold beer rules and the best part is if you don't like it just wait a couple minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

MunchE posted:

Super cold beer rules and the best part is if you don't like it just wait a couple minutes

Yeah I’d always prefer my beer too cold to start for this reason. Also I’m American and drink everything ice cold.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Macro domestics are meant to drink ice cold so you don’t taste the corn.

Works for me, gimme that frosty High Life :hai:

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

LeafHouse posted:

Yeah I’d always prefer my beer too cold to start for this reason. Also I’m American and drink everything ice cold.

Your palate is garbage tho.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

danbanana posted:

Your palate is garbage tho.

Yeah I just said I’m American

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

LeafHouse posted:

Yeah I just said I’m American

Even for an American tho

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

danbanana posted:

Even for an American tho

So says the guy who can’t even tell the difference between Amoretti and Oregon brand Black Currant purées heh

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Kaiho posted:

pale lager is the best beer type.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Drink your barrel-aged beers and English ales at cellar temps, but crispy bois are great when they're ice-cold.

NoU
Dec 31, 2008
been crushing pfriem pilsner all summer, can confirm it is good when cold

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
Gonna be in Omaha, NE for a week. Any beer goons know of any brewery worth checking out while here?

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost
I haven't been to Omaha in a few years but I've had beer from Kros Strain recently and it was quite good. I've been to Zipline's brewery in Lincoln a few years back and enjoyed it, I imagine their Omaha location is worth a stop. Farnam House is a door or two down from Beertopia, which is a pretty cool bottle shop.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

Paul Proteus posted:

Gonna be in Omaha, NE for a week. Any beer goons know of any brewery worth checking out while here?

im assuming theres a 311 amber somewhere you can try

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH
amber is the result of my zymurgy

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

:golfclap:

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

I was in Omaha for a business trip in November 2019. I was able to walk to Zipline from my hotel, and I remember it as being okay. Mostly I was happy that they had an altbier as one of their core beers, and that was good. There was an indie movie theater next door that I went to afterwards to watch Parasite, so that was a memorable evening.

I went with my co-worker to another brewery outside of downtown called Juke Ale Works. Untappd tells me that I rated the beers there as better than Zipline, but I still think they fell into the "good, but no need to go out of your way" range.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Well it’s Nebraska so nothing mind blowing like you’d find in a “Beer City.”

Nebraska Brewing could probably tick most of the beer enjoyer boxes. It’s got the atmosphere of an Elk’s lodge, but they’ve got saisons, belgian strongs, BA versions of both and other BA stuff. The Cardinal Pale Ale is pretty good, too. I’ve heard Kros Strain has solid to great IPAs, I mainly saw hazys at the store from them and I havent been. Probably worth a stop. Zipline is fine. It was the place with mass local appeal, but beer nerds might find it wanting. Infusion does poo poo with flavor infusions like vanilla ice cream, dreamsicle, toasted marshmallow, etc. Not talking adjuncts, talking flavor syrup injections.

For interesting, you might check out Scriptown. Very very small.

ThePopeOfFun fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 25, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

That's it, I'm drinking a beer tonight and none of youse guys can stop me. :guinness:

Edit: it was a Vienna lager and it was okay.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 25, 2022

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Quiet Feet posted:

That's it, I'm drinking a beer tonight and none of youse guys can stop me. :guinness:

Im happy for you

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

Quiet Feet posted:

I drank a beer last night, two in fact :smug:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Can you buy Sapporo black at stores? I've only ever seen it at restaurants

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

More Ruby Red Kolsch tonight

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

Spanish Manlove posted:

Can you buy Sapporo black at stores? I've only ever seen it at restaurants

They have a beer finder at their site and you can filter by product: https://sapporobeer.com/find-sapporo/

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

There literally is, in case you were just joking.

Bark! A Vagrant
Jan 4, 2007

Grad school is good for mental health
Tonight's damage (shared with friends)

Sip Of Sunshine is pretty drat close to my platonic ideal of a classic IPA. If there are any Vermont Goons I will pay you to ship me a case in the future

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

You can get it at practically any grocery store in new england now

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Shabadu posted:

You can get it at practically any grocery store in new england now

Grocery store and draft almost everywhere. It’s pretty ubiquitous now.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Out of town for my daughter’s soccer tournament this weekend. Our hotel is right next to Fieldwork brewing. Hell yeah.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Better drink all those

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
That beer looks like poison. I suggest not drinking that.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It is quite cloudy looking isnt it? Especially for a dipa

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What would i know tho ¿ im biased

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

danbanana posted:

That beer looks like poison. I suggest not drinking that.

I drank it and it was delicious.

Kid’s team made the championship so most of them are definitely going to be warm by the time we get home.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I drank it and it was delicious.

Did... the poison write this?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

this sour was uh... interesting. i don't think i'd get it again, but i've never tasted anything like it! it was definitely unique

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

I'm guessing they were going for a mezcal sour cocktail thing based on that ingredient list?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I like prickly pear in everything, including sours. The smoked malt and all the dead space on that image is what confuses me

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

I like prickly pear in everything, including sours. The smoked malt and all the dead space on that image is what confuses me

that's just the weird overlay when you click on the picture

you definitely tasted the pear a lot, just never had that before.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Prickly pear is fun, I've used it in cask ales a few times before. Smoked malt in that just sounds odd but I guess I see the mezcal angle they're working for. The more you try to imitate the flavor of other things in beer, though, the more likely you are to just make a completely undrinkable mess if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Freetail down in Texas used to do a prickly pear sour that was really good. Definitely one of those ingredients that should probably be used more often by good brewers.