Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

andromache posted:

I was working on it, but then Locke Erasmus had to go and edit in zxmagus's timeline on his venerable PvE ratting thread on his way out the door.

Now illum is looking for delta sleeper agents and my effort to try to get some bullshit bans (deadtear, a couple people that posted only in helldump) is ruined by nerds who have to poo poo on the carpet on their way out the door
Is this a parody post?

If the narrative is "no one has been banned that wouldn't have been banned before" then are they just hoping people forget that no one has been banned/blacklisted from GSF entirely for posting in the wrong thread before lmao

Like are they just hoping people conflate a r/o with a ban/blacklist? Because it certainly looks so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

There was some hope.. but we are unfortunately busy rooting out the SLEEPER AGENTS who may post in the wrong thread in the future oh gosh.
e: I just want to say that this is a page straight out of Reagan's red panic handbook.
"i'd be perfect if wasn't for these drat commies deltas ruining any chance at good work!"

Khablam fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jul 23, 2022

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The whole "nobody will stay banned who wouldn't be banned before" is bullshit that does not recognise what a protest action is, and that the whole point of it is to be disruptive to draw attention to the issue.

This is like overthrowing a tyrant by storming the presidential palace, but all the people that broke down the door stay in jail under the new regime because "that's property damage you know"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Maybe its time for folks to accept that GSF is a lost cause and people still in it either don't care or can't fix the issues current SA goons have with it now.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Vando posted:

The whole "nobody will stay banned who wouldn't be banned before" is bullshit that does not recognise what a protest action is, and that the whole point of it is to be disruptive to draw attention to the issue.

This is like overthrowing a tyrant by storming the presidential palace, but all the people that broke down the door stay in jail under the new regime because "that's property damage you know"

That is explicitly how TheAdj thinks about this stuff in general:

theadj's alliance update posted:

No one was banned for having a negative take, no one was banned for talking bad about the directorate/me/mittens, the people banned wholly deserved it. It's no different than people rioting over a 'good cause'. You can have a good reason for starting a demonstration, but if you start destroying property and hurting people you're still subject to being arrested - that's a riot not a demonstration.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

That Works posted:

Aw hi Duckmonster. You probably don't remember me but it's Breaky

SUP! I do indeed.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

raminasi posted:

That is explicitly how TheAdj thinks about this stuff in general:

wonder what his takes were over the BLM protests during the summer of 2020

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

That Works posted:

Maybe its time for folks to accept that GSF is a lost cause and people still in it either don't care or can't fix the issues current SA goons have with it now.

Well, for starters, maybe calling everyone in the alliance pedo enablers and not chasing off the SA Goons who were on your side initially but wanted to handle it in a different way wasn't so great in retrospective. The only reason this turned into a GSF vs Delta is because, as far as I can tell, no effort was ever made to include the other groups in Waffe. I spent five years working as a worker's union delegate, both sides in this fumbled this very badly.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

spazzhole posted:

Well, for starters, maybe calling everyone in the alliance pedo enablers and not chasing off the SA Goons who were on your side initially but wanted to handle it in a different way wasn't so great in retrospective. The only reason this turned into a GSF vs Delta is because, as far as I can tell, no effort was ever made to include the other groups in Waffe. I spent five years working as a worker's union delegate, both sides in this fumbled this very badly.

"ACTUALLY THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU WEREN'T POLITE ENOUGH, ABOUT THE PEDOPHILE SHELTERING WOUNDED-BIRD-AMBER-HEARD-BITCH-SHOOTING QUEERBASHERS IGNORING SEXUAL HARASSMENT"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mittani is the one who turned it into a "actually it's Delta Sqad vs the rest of us" thing and I'm really disappointed you've fallen for it, HVAC.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"BOTH SIDES FUMBLED THIS BADLY, INCLUDING THE PEOPLE WHO WENT UP AGAINST THE MITTANI AND WON."

listen to yourself

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

Potato Salad posted:

Mittani turned it into a "actually it's Delta Sqad vs the rest of us" thing and I'm really disappointed you've fallen for it, HVAC.

Did you miss the parts in the two threads where I repeatedly said gently caress THAT GUY FOREVER? You don't build 16 years of morale debt and get to complain when the bill comes due. I've also stated repeatedly that I have no idea if I'm staying.

edit:

Potato Salad posted:

"BOTH SIDES FUMBLED THIS BADLY, INCLUDING THE PEOPLE WHO WENT UP AGAINST THE MITTANI AND WON."

listen to yourself

WE TOOK ON THE MITTANI AND WON

ALSO THE MITTANI IS STILL ACTUALLY RUNNING THINGS AND YOU'RE A FOOL IF YOU BELIEVE OTHERWISE

which narrative are you choosing today

spazzhole fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 23, 2022

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Potato Salad posted:

"ACTUALLY THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU WEREN'T POLITE ENOUGH, ABOUT THE PEDOPHILE SHELTERING WOUNDED-BIRD-AMBER-HEARD-BITCH-SHOOTING QUEERBASHERS IGNORING SEXUAL HARASSMENT"

Mate... I'm glad X and Mittens are gone, but treating everyone who isn't a screaming harpy like you as if we are the enemy kind of makes you look crazy.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Raged posted:

Mate... I'm glad X and Mittens are gone, but treating everyone who isn't a screaming harpy like you as if we are the enemy kind of makes you look crazy.

Nah potato salad spot on.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

why is the George Washington guy still here, if you have a thing for posting poorly and losing badly I think brave is recruiting

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Solus posted:

BigBillThaBoss Tries To Not Make Everything About Himself Challenge: Difficulty Level - Impossible

I haven’t seen anyone do the whole “roll with the punches” thing in eons but he’s got it down to a science

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Potato Salad posted:

why is the George Washington guy still here, if you have a thing for posting poorly and losing badly I think brave is recruiting

Because I love your gimmick of posting in all caps like my crazy grandmother.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

TheWeedNumber posted:

Join GOOSEFLEET TODAY!

I did on Tuesday. I’m actually having fun in an eve variant.

Eve.

Eve online.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 23, 2022

Smithwick
Jun 20, 2003

duck monster posted:

Holy shitballs. I've been out of this game for nearly a decade (And even then it was more or less a few months before getting bored), but I like to just check on the state of the universe every few months, read whatever lovely news release and see if theres anything skimmable telling me what wars or on or who the imperium is crushing this month.

Same. I’ve been winning Eve for over a decade. Now I learn that Goonswarm is mostly Reddit pubbies from a subreddit run by a bunch of chuds and the leadership of Goonwaffe and Goonswarm is a pubbie. On top of that they have explicitly stated that Goonwaffe is now a pubbie corp by cutting ties with SA. Frankly GS is just a step away from some BoB-esque tryhard bullshit.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spazzhole posted:

You are right. Calling folks like you or whoever else is just a regular person who is upset and hurt by what happened but didn't leave GSF "pedo enablers" is bad and shouldn't be done.

Those who are still saying Mittani did nothing wrong, refusing to really push for a change in the leadership that led to this whole incident, or saying that the people who actively were demanding something be done are bad (and some other stuff)....well they are.

The only significant change I've seen really is that Xenuria was kicked, along with all the people who called it all out and that Mittani has taken a step back from his leadership position within GSF until "transfers are done."

Edit - that said, i think i'm personally done with this thread because not much of the tone has changed from years ago

Edit 2 - to be clear HVAC, that edit is not aimed at all at you. feel free to PM me on SA if you ever wanna get my discord info to chit chat or whatever about random poo poo like we did on the CZ Skype channel. Or come post in Punchsport Pagoda (The Great Jase Space) since we like to talk about fake fighting and pro wrestling.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 23, 2022

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

spazzhole posted:

(1) Well, for starters, maybe calling everyone in the alliance pedo enablers and not chasing off the SA Goons who were on your side initially but wanted to handle it in a different way wasn't so great in retrospective.

(2) The only reason this turned into a GSF vs Delta is because, as far as I can tell, no effort was ever made to include the other groups in Waffe.

(3) I spent five years working as a worker's union delegate, both sides in this fumbled this very badly.

Dude, beat by beat you've got this wrong, and not even in a marginal way. You are way off the mark here, and it's unusual for you.

1: The attacks alleging pedopilia enablement I've been seeing have tended to be specific, because they are intended to wound the perpetrators to the extent that the either lose power or clam up. Most posters aren't panning GSF broadly as All Pedophiles Everywhere. Really, dude?

Even if you were right about GSF being broadly painted as groomers or whatever, GSF has been harboring pedophiles knowingly, resisted those who have tried to throw them off repeatedly for years, and at minimum association is now a stamp of complicity or apathy. Apathy about everything that has come forward. It's like, as time progresses, GSF can be characterized as an alliance of people who found a mental block button for the abuse that is now plain as day before their eyes

2: I'm going to give you an opportunity to either walk this back apathetically or review logs yourself. You have the chronology on this reversed. The only reason that this came to light is because Deltas went to bat for their squad mates. It seems now from accounts coming forward that other groups have not made a massive, public rows about abuse that has thus been effectively silenced. Further, anti-transphobia pressure appears to have been applied from many multiples of groups at many points throughout 2021 that I am specifically aware of, and nothing came of it. Group multiplicity was not the distinguishing factor here. Broadly, FNLN and Hezzy had astounding volumes of unquestionably awful receipts, and each one got theirs. Mittens lashed back at subsequent criticism by pinging about Deltas going holesquad/fuckgoons/rogue long, long after the fact.

3: I can't even remember , I am so intensely disappointed right now. Who cares, insert :words: about shifting blame to the squad that arbitrarily didn't handle this PERFECTLY, because in an alliance that has largely killed squads and is increasingly populated by broad-daylight 1488 Men's Rights Activism posters, Delta didn't somehow get enough people on their side before throwing down.

This business attempting to force a binary "did Mittani lose or is he still around" :cmon: you know it's both. This is for the birds.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 23, 2022

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Fucken honk

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Smithwick posted:

Frankly GS is just a step away from some BoB-esque tryhard bullshit.

It has been BoB for like a decade with people having to click participation links so that there are stats about which corps are turning up to ops which is used to judge who is active enough to remain in GSF.

Have to clock in for my space job.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Join goose fleet today

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

please limit discussion to goon groups. pubbie discussion can go on reddit dot com

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

^ lol fair

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Solus posted:

As a former member of ilum they were an annoyance to like 4 people in ilum, two of which have proven themselves to be stupid as gently caress with their awful dogshit handling of this entire thing.

And another of them was tuzy who got really mad about corp mails which is still kinda funny to me.

lmao someone actually was mad about the corp mails?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

andromache posted:

I was working on it, but then Locke Erasmus had to go and edit in zxmagus's timeline on his venerable PvE ratting thread on his way out the door.

Now illum is looking for delta sleeper agents and my effort to try to get some bullshit bans (deadtear, a couple people that posted only in helldump) is ruined by nerds who have to poo poo on the carpet on their way out the door.

So at this point all I'm going to do is if a specific person wants to appeal their ban, just message me on discord, and I'll get you in contact with theadj or klavas and we can work the appeal. Otherwise I'm not wasting more effort on people bent on self-sabotage.

lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The delta sleeper agents left this turd in my bed

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
Join Groon and shoot GSF instead of harping about GSF.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/102281234/

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I was just minding my own business krabbing in Delve when a hole popped open and a goose came out and it looked at me and then went HONK.

Must be a Delta sleeper agent.

Join the [GANDR] today. Big things are afoot.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

pubbies are all over that mail bro, gently caress outta here

join goosefleet and i'll run a fleet everyday to shoot GSF*

*except when I need to krab for that titan money

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

spazzhole posted:

lmao

"both sides"

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

groon what is this 2008

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

esto es malo posted:

groon what is this 2008

No it’s malo

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Also loving lmao at "SA goons" as if there are any other kind. GSF is a bunch of pubbies.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Xolve posted:

For gently caress's sake, stop posting.

no.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

The Shortest Path posted:

Also loving lmao at "SA goons" as if there are any other kind. GSF is a bunch of pubbies.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Truly a classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

The Shortest Path posted:

Tbqh quite a few of the 'goons' and 'goon culture' that formed the core of the alliance a decade+ ago are a big root of the cancer in current GSF. Hence the trickle of retvets from that era that popped up in this thread during the last Delve War all being shocked you couldn't be sexist, racist and so on. They usually flamed out here almost instantly.

Given the cultural shift on SA, we're the ones that stopped being "goons" as they saw it. GSF has stayed closer to the "goon culture", haven't they? Isn't that the problem? SA goons grew up, Eve goons didn't.

So saying GSF isn't "goons" is ignoring the fact they're absolutely goons, but it's like a racist grandpa who keeps using slurs from his youth. They're just eve goons. Of all the things to obsess over, gatekeeping 'goon' is pretty out there, given over a decade of the link, overdue for severing though it was.