Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Shard posted:

I wonder who the unhappy AEW talent would be

Beepie :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Really unfortunate for AEW that WWE got its poo poo together and is a good company again. Gonna be real bad news if guys like Punk and Mox go back home

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

good for us though, the fans

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

nah

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:thejoke:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

namg

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hangman is unhappy* and will leave to go to WWE**

* That HHH's head is still on his shoulders.

** To rip HHH's head off with a buckshot lariat.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Santana is the only guy portrayed as unhappy in aew but I also could not imagine him fitting in at the fed

Bryan Cage i guess? Vince would have taken him though

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Brian Cage pisses so hot the entire locker room would get a wellness strike when he got within half a mile of the building.

There’s no way they could have signed him and still pretended the wellness policy was a real thing.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Luchasaurus probably has a higher ceiling now back in WWE than AEW, just because of the quality of the other hosses in each company

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

A lot of people in AEW are unhappy because their childhood dream was to wrestle on the grandest stage of them all, Wrestlemania

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Santana is the only guy portrayed as unhappy in aew but I also could not imagine him fitting in at the fed

Wasn't MJF unhappy in AEW recently, or did they resolve that?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Shard posted:

I wonder who the unhappy AEW talent would be

Kenny is supposed to make a return soon.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I could see people like Kip, the Blonds, maybe some DO people, etc being unhappy. Mostly just lower or mid card people who aren't used a lot and probably want to do more. But, you're going to have that in any company. If you're not at the top or in cool stories a lot, you probably always want more and that could be frustrating.

These are also probably all people WWE either wouldn't want or would waste.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
AEW has 120+ talents and only 3 hours of tv each week so it would not be surprising if there were a number of talents frustrated with their lack of exposure or spot on the card.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Some great reporting by world-renowned independent wwe analyst Ryan Satin

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1550652060965543937

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hope you guys weren’t getting too used to seeing Claudio around

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

SG Bamboo posted:

Still ongoing, last time we saw him he was asking to be fired and was openly disrespecting Tony Khan

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

SG Bamboo posted:

I figure this is all a work and so i don't count it

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

oaml

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

SG Bamboo posted:

No, he basically gave the "gently caress Tony Khan" promo that everyone was convinced was a work and you were a stupid loving mark if you thought otherwise , but he hasn't been seen in any capacity since. As one does in a work, you see.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Lol that one of Vince’s last official acts was to get LA Knight off TV.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seams posted:

Lol that one of Vince’s last official acts was to get LA Knight off TV.

and people hate the guy…

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would encourage you guys to not overthink this too much or get too overly attached to any particular talent in AEW. Like, even when Vince was still there, would you ever have expected Cody to walk until it actually happened?

They're wrestlers. They're workers. They can want to leave their company for any number of reasons, they don't like their pay, they don't like their spot, they just feel like they've hit the wall and wanna try something new. It doesn't even necessarily has to be that there's something they dislike about AEW, WWE could just make an offer that's more enticing. This is literally how it's supposed to work. People going back and forth. It keeps things from being stagnant. The only people in AEW I would truly say have zero chance of going back to WWE are Moxley and Punk and I wouldn't even be 100% sure on Moxley anymore, with Vince gone, because his main problem was that Vince doesn't know what the gently caress he's doing. I would still not expect it - Moxley seems about as fulfilled as you can get as a professional wrestler right now, but now I can't say I would be surprised if he went back to WWE in a few years.

At least maybe, maybe now when somebody goes to WWE, they won't be vanishing down a loving black hole for four years or until they get fired. But I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's the dark regulars

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It's been one day without Vince and every problem the WWE had is fixed and all the angry workers are coming back.

I feel like I'm going insane reading these posts. How about we see actual change over there before speculating too much.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jim Ross. Still technically a member of the Kiss My rear end Club, no?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sting is going back to get back his win over Paul HHH

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
I wouldn't put money on Moxley returning right now, considering Kevin Dunn is still currently employed in WWE. If/when that changes, then it's potentially a different story.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/FiendWWE/status/1550845703923965953

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

No, he basically gave the "gently caress Tony Khan" promo that everyone was convinced was a work and you were a stupid loving mark if you thought otherwise , but he hasn't been seen in any capacity since. As one does in a work, you see.

Really smart thinking. Glad to have people here who can see through the bull poo poo.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

So wait are we now pretending that it was somehow the smart and reasonable thing to think Tony let MJF legit shoot on him for 10 minutes, and then just cut to commercial?

Because buddy

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDhtwacW8os&t=6s

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

No big changes immediately due to wanting to avoid spooking stockholders and sponsors further; also as long as Vince is still a large shareholder his opinion will be considered in changes to keep him happy

the more things change, the more they stay the same

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
can we at least wait until there's actually even slightly an improvement on wwe tv before fantasy booking everyone being super excited to come back to wwe

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I feel like with HHH back in power Gargano comes back with a main roster push, maybe he calls up Roderick Strong too to try and prevent him from jumping. I could see him bringing back Wyatt, Braun and Kross as well.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dacap posted:

I feel like with HHH back in power Gargano comes back with a main roster push, maybe he calls up Roderick Strong too to try and prevent him from jumping. I could see him bringing back Wyatt, Braun and Kross as well.

Add in EC3 and you’ve got the Wyatt 6

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

flatluigi posted:

can we at least wait until there's actually even slightly an improvement on wwe tv before fantasy booking everyone being super excited to come back to wwe

no. Ambrose is going back

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

flatluigi posted:

People just dying itt to stand up for something :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I wouldn't bet (in general, because :lol: betting and :rubby: wrestling, but here specifically) on anybody coming back soon except maybe

Road Dogg (HHH loves)
Gabe (HHH tolerates)
mayyyyyybe Sasha and Naomi (walked out specifically because of Vince not listening to their requests)
maybe Gargano (HHH loves, and he was already 1) open to a return and 2) planning on talking more about what's next for himself at Starrcast/Flair's Last Match weekend. I'd still say the latter leads more to indies and/or AEW than a return, but his chances of coming back are much better now than they were last week given his previous concerns)
probably Kross+Scarlett (they're a package deal and they'd already said before they loved it so much they thought they'd be there till retirement, they just hated how the main roster stuff went down)

Comedy option would be Bray or Braun, but they're almost certainly going to be asking for at least as much money as they were making before; Bray's asking price post-WWE by all accounts was an immediate no-go for basically everyone else