Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
anything by rush, but especially tom sawyer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54sCECK4UFE

I can't believe you would say a thing like that during Geddython!

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

Walking on Sunshine, by Katrina and the Waves

Absolute loving trash

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

hmm

Pat Boone's cover of "Tutti Frutti"

or that one about the yellow polka dot bikini

...tougher choice than I'd initially thought

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Time_pants posted:

12 Days of Christmas and it's not even close.

Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney.

Hipster supermarket near me had that one on a 10-song rotation
made me want to burn the place down
made me buy loving Nescafe from a 7-11 instead of the good sumatra beans I craved

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Simply having a wonderful Christmastime

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Simply having a wonderful Christmastime

veto'd. sorry

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Cherry Pie

Just thinking about this garbage song makes me angry

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

no, it's simply having a wonderful christmas time. I'm right as is everyone who agrees with me.

also 7 pages and not a single post that was a reply to op's weird music hating voight-kampff thread prompt

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

wonderful christmastime is what having sex with a spool of concertina wire sounds like.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

SatansOnion posted:

hmm

Pat Boone's cover of "Tutti Frutti"

or that one about the yellow polka dot bikini

...tougher choice than I'd initially thought

Stop listening to 50s on 5 and you’ll be safe.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
tubthumping

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
That lovely song on the radio where a guy is fake croaking over some aggressive club beat. Dunno the name I loving haaate it. That RHCP song also sucks but it reminds me of a better song I can't remember

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
NOW YOU CAN SAY THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS SANTA

BUT AS FOR ME AND GRANDMAW WE BELIEVE

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
BENNY
BENNNAYYHAAAAYAAAAYAAAA
BENNNY BENNYNYNNYHHYAAAAAY
AND THE JETS

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Benny and the Jets is a classic, as long as it's sung by a pre-1995 Elton John.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That song they used to play for some boner commercial,

do do do, dodo, do DO DO repeated ad nauseum with everyone plastered with a creepy rear end smile.

I'd dive for the fuckin remote, it still haunts me

this one right lmao? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghrWz7cVXv8

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

goatface posted:

Benny and the Jets is a classic, as long as it's sung by a pre-1995 Elton John.

Or Biz Markie backed by the Beastie Boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_l_runP4-Q

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

iirc the actor in these commercials went missing under suspicious circumstances while on a boat with the ceo of enzyte or some weird poo poo

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Sex and Candy by Marcy Playground.

This song somehow didn’t die in the 90’s and came on the radio to assault me recently.

Song for white guys who thought Friends was the coolest thing ever and hung out in coffee shops checking out the vibes. Song for a guy who goes to the hairdresser and asks for the Chandler but no need to style it because he’s going to wear his porkpie hat out. Song for guy who thinks he’s John Cusack in every rom com. Pure strain 90’s cringe. Album should have come with a pair of these for free

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"sex and candy" is a leading track in the Nothingcore movement, which is also inspired by cuts such as "Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money in My Hand" and "Tom's Diner"

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Tears from heaven

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Tears from heaven

Toss it out the window

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Can I just remove Eric Clapton from existence instead?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Layla's p good

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I’ve come around on Benny and the Jets. I used to loathe it but I’ve come to appreciate Elton’s piano vamping on it.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
can't really talk too much poo poo about Clapton when Fresh Cream exists, but that was 1966.

more of an apostle than a god on guitar. he was a transition figure between more reserved rock-n-roll playing and the super fast shredding EVH would be doing in about a decade

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Can I just remove Eric Clapton from existence instead?

Trying to counterbalance some great songs against his immigrant comments and the album cover of Blind Faith and you realize he might need to go.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Szyznyk posted:

Trying to counterbalance some great songs against his immigrant comments and the album cover of Blind Faith and you realize he might need to go.

I never saw that cover before and yeah, Layla is cool, as is Cream, but I want to go loving powerwash my eyes and search history. God fuuuuuUUUUUck Eric Clapton.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The wrong Clapton died, god gently caress him.

E: I am shocked I never knew of this real creepy album cover, like his insane racism is legend but not the “even reading the Wikipedia description of the cover is loving gross” cover. How is this just not like known?

teen witch fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 23, 2022

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

George Harrison was/is more deserving of the title of Guitar God than Clapton. no, I will not take further questions on this, good day

also Macca chat reminded me of his song "Freedom", which was from the early 2000s and is just a big gross hairball of incoherent jingoism. Paul McCartney is great at his best, but Lord his lows are pretty godawful

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Buddy if you fuckin think I'm clicking that

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

The Voice of Labor posted:

no, it's simply having a wonderful christmas time. I'm right as is everyone who agrees with me.

overruled

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Wonderful christmastime rules and the haters can gently caress off.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

SatansOnion posted:

George Harrison was/is more deserving of the title of Guitar God than Clapton. no, I will not take further questions on this, good day

also Macca chat reminded me of his song "Freedom", which was from the early 2000s and is just a big gross hairball of incoherent jingoism. Paul McCartney is great at his best, but Lord his lows are pretty godawful

https://youtu.be/Cg0KTpUelWk

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Paul McCartney could've been born like thirty years earlier and written a bunch of vocal jazz standards

the contrast between his higher register head voice and that rock n roll growl he does on stuff like "Why Don't We Do It In the Road?" is crazy with macca

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

interwhat posted:

Aaron Lewis- Am I the Only One

Close thread

Came here to say this but since you already got it, I Will Weather The Storm can die in a storm, specifically because of the terrible cover a department store I once worked at had playing at Christmas. It was some absolute no hoper, bargain bin artist, and every time she got to the high note she went flat as hell and it scraped another layer off my last nerve.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Wonderful christmastime rules and the haters can gently caress off.

yup. it's actually the 1 song that's off limits for the thread. op should update the op regarding this imo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
george harrison was the best beatle gently caress a lenin/mccarthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
and i

i scream at the top of my lungs

WHAT'S GOIN' ON