Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

nova can currently get 100% damage reduction thanks to DE accidentally adding more sources of duration to the game and not sanity checking her
how many stars do you actually need for this? i tried 20 and was still taking shield damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Awesome! posted:

how many stars do you actually need for this? i tried 20 and was still taking shield damage.

nova's DR doesn't affect shields, so you were already there. more than 20 gives you a convenient buffer though

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

there's another augment that simply allows recasting IIRC

Neutron Star. But I don't think I've ever seen anyone use it. Everyone just uses Molecular Fission which turns Nova's 1 into a "set it and forget it" unless you get really bullied by something

Also Null Star was hard capped at 90% DR in 31.3, even if you go over 18 stars https://www.warframe.com/updates/pc/31-3-0

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The only frame I'd say is worth buying is Baruuk or Hydlin, although I suppose if you guys are playing with lots of other they wouldn't be impossible. They seem genuinely unpleasant to get.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there are much, much more annoying frame grinds than baruuk or hildryn. vox is something you are going to want to rank up anyway at some point if you ever want to use a decent amp.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Awesome! posted:

there are much, much more annoying frame grinds than baruuk or hildryn. vox is something you are going to want to rank up anyway at some point if you ever want to use a decent amp.

Really? Who? I suppose I got up there before the Necramechs existed so it's probably easier now, but I've never had a more annoying time than with them. I'm still at 3 cause I hated it so much.

wait, FRAME GRINDS

Okay, nevermind. I saw fame grinds. I can definitely see Protea being a huge pain in the rear end, and Grendel as deeply frustrating.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 23, 2022

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Grondoth posted:

Really? Who?

Harrow.

I'm MR30, I have every single frame apart from founder exclusive's Excal Prime and heking Harrow.

Defection rotation C has to be the most utterly boring and time wasting thing you can do in this game. And then the game keeps insulting you by not dropping the part. At least, Harrow got primed, so it doesn't matter much, but still...

Grendel was a challenge, it was about picking a strat, and executing it well enough on 3 specific missions. Harrow is just getting bored to tears listening to those dumb Grineers and wait for a faildrop. Rinse and repeat, skills have no impact whatsoever. It's just about wasting your time.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Propaganda Hour posted:

Also Null Star was hard capped at 90% DR in 31.3, even if you go over 18 stars https://www.warframe.com/updates/pc/31-3-0

oh, rip. looks like that was just a week or two after i'd come back from hiatus, heard about the bug, and tried it

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Harrow and now Ash can be pretty horrible targeted grinds yeah, and you're not doing rot c defection for much else. At least with Ash one manic will spawn before then. People frequently cited Nidus and Ivara as similarly bad grinds but Nidus' mission goes a little faster than defection and you can quickly learn to blitz through spy missions much more quickly. There's one Octavia part thats a 20 minute rotation in and that tends to be a bit of a headache, and I can definitely see an unlucky Protea grind being quite annoying.

Personally I think my most annoying unlucky grind was Equinox.

Luckily everyone mentioned here has a prime version except for Protea but you also get the staltha and stropha granum voids and you'll probably at least want the stropha eventually.

Psychorider
May 15, 2009

FishMcCool posted:

Harrow.

I'm MR30, I have every single frame apart from founder exclusive's Excal Prime and heking Harrow.

Defection rotation C has to be the most utterly boring and time wasting thing you can do in this game. And then the game keeps insulting you by not dropping the part. At least, Harrow got primed, so it doesn't matter much, but still...

Grendel was a challenge, it was about picking a strat, and executing it well enough on 3 specific missions. Harrow is just getting bored to tears listening to those dumb Grineers and wait for a faildrop. Rinse and repeat, skills have no impact whatsoever. It's just about wasting your time.

Harrow's parts got added to Kuva Fortress Survival (that's the kuva grind one) so you can actually get something useful while you grind for it. No the worse one I can think of now is Ash by far. It used to be manics which were rare but you would get over time but now it's exclusively from Railjack corpus Survival and Defense rotations C. It dwarfs anything else in expected time to get at like 18 hours or something insane like that. If you thought Hildryn was bad at 12 minutes for a 22% chance well how about 20 minutes for a 8.5% chance? Better bring a podcast.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

and at least with hildryn if you dont get the part you need you are still getting other useful stuff for your time.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Psychorider posted:

No the worse one I can think of now is Ash by far. It used to be manics which were rare but you would get over time but now it's exclusively from Railjack corpus Survival and Defense rotations C.

oooohhhhh, right

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Psychorider posted:

Harrow's parts got added to Kuva Fortress Survival (that's the kuva grind one) so you can actually get something useful while you grind for it. No the worse one I can think of now is Ash by far. It used to be manics which were rare but you would get over time but now it's exclusively from Railjack corpus Survival and Defense rotations C. It dwarfs anything else in expected time to get at like 18 hours or something insane like that. If you thought Hildryn was bad at 12 minutes for a 22% chance well how about 20 minutes for a 8.5% chance? Better bring a podcast.

Fair enough re. Ash. I got him during the manic era (in defection, without ever landing the Harrow part, of course), and that taints my view. Isn't Oberon stupidly RJ gated too these days? Like, Oberon ffs, one of the classic first few new frame every beginner used to go through.

Psychorider
May 15, 2009

FishMcCool posted:

Fair enough re. Ash. I got him during the manic era (in defection, without ever landing the Harrow part, of course), and that taints my view. Isn't Oberon stupidly RJ gated too these days? Like, Oberon ffs, one of the classic first few new frame every beginner used to go through.

Oh yeah that's right. At least it's only the side objective thing that's like a 30 seconds detour at most in every mission. It's just weird having it moved from very accessible to gated behind the big RJ wall. It hasn't been replaced by anything as the eximus drop either.

Curtana
Feb 17, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i've never done anything past like an hour and change in SP Survival, and that was when i was using Warframe as a study aid to keep my hands occupied 100% mindlessly while i listened to recorded lectures

i know back in the day received wisdom was you needed to not expose yourself to fire at all and it all revolved around killing enemies without line of sight via some combination of invisibility, bubble frames, etc. but a lot's changed since then

nova can currently get 100% damage reduction thanks to DE accidentally adding more sources of duration to the game and not sanity checking her

The wiki page for nullstar says there's a hard cap of 90% damage reduction even if you have more than 18 stars due to having more than 306% duration. Was there like a short time after DE added those duration mods where it worked that way?

Edit : I should have finished reading this thread before posting, poo poo lol. Never mind my question, then.

Curtana fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 24, 2022

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Curtana posted:

The wiki page for nullstar says there's a hard cap of 90% damage reduction even if you have more than 18 stars due to having more than 306% duration. Was there like a short time after DE added those duration mods where it worked that way?

yeah, see a few posts up

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

FishMcCool posted:

so there's a secret to this farm

You bring two speed wisps and that's it.

Speed motes go on spawn/rally/button points. Shock can help stop them from getting mobbed, or health make it not matter at all.

speeding up the defectors makes it managable at any rate

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

TheParadigm posted:

so there's a secret to this farm

You bring two speed wisps and that's it.

Speed motes go on spawn/rally/button points. Shock can help stop them from getting mobbed, or health make it not matter at all.

speeding up the defectors makes it managable at any rate

Yeah, that works well, but I never could be bothered finding a squad for that. I wisp-soloed it plenty of times, mind, and speedy/invulnerable squads make it super smooth. But it's not like there's any difficulty: it's just insanely boring.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
before wisp there was no way to speed it up. in theory you could use nova portals but that wasn't really very useful or reliable. there was a dozen different ways to lock down the entire map or make the targets immortal, but they were still so very slow.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
The Infested Impedance aura comes in handy too.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Probably confirmation bias but you could count on at least one hostage getting its pathmaking broke and getting forever stuck on a rail. Loki used to be vital for this, don't know if it was fixed. With the way disruption bombers get lost at least once a round, I doubt it's fixed.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Doing it as solo-goatdad (Oberon) worked okay because there just weren't that many actually people to get stuck. I do recall a sortie where an arson eximus pushed them into a dip, and we had to wait for a second one to push them out though.

OTOH, I lucked out enough on the number of tries it took me, I think I raffled off a bunch of my prime stuff (or maybe just slots and potatoes) in an attempt to preserve my karma. :D

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
fuckin lol khora prime comes with a forma tax because of a lovely default aura polarity

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you are supposed to run shepherd and be a good cat mom

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

FishMcCool posted:

Harrow.

...huh, I guess I just got super lucky. I was super jazzed for harrow and got him pretty quick. I came back when I learned that all his stuff got primed. I guess that's the problem with drops, it can lead to "I didn't have that problem, goodbye"

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

I had that problem with Nidus. I put him off forever because I heard the grind was godawful and well hated.

got him in four rounds. Big welp! moment.

Side note, I don't get the hate for invested salvage. The only thing bad about it is the drop table could use a non-diluting refresh.

It was also really amusing to me to see the deimos bounties with the set perimeter not learn from the infested salvage ones actually growing so you're not stuck with enemies camping just outside it.

Rip void blast; it was useful for bonking people into it.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

hazardousmouse posted:

Probably confirmation bias but you could count on at least one hostage getting its pathmaking broke and getting forever stuck on a rail. Loki used to be vital for this, don't know if it was fixed. With the way disruption bombers get lost at least once a round, I doubt it's fixed.

You could also nova portal them which is way better because nova is actually useful in the mission

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

After spending more time with Gyre, I think she'd be basically fine if they just did something like make rotorswell hits strip armor. Feels a bit lame to just have "make it strip armor" be a thing every frame needs to do to be relevant, but that's the world we live in.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

she would only need to strip armor if her electric abilities were powerful enough to bother using for DPS in the first place, which they're not

she'd be usable with a 90% DR (or comparable boutique power) or if her crit buff scaled better and didn't have a cap

instead she's just the latest entry in a long line of caster frames that are made of paper and can't compete with "just shoot them"

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

What

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Umbral forma bp on Teshin again this week. Seems more frequent of late.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Anyone have a suggestion for the final upgrade tier for the Incarnon shotty?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

chumbler posted:

Umbral forma bp on Teshin again this week. Seems more frequent of late.

it's not, it's on a regular 8-week rotation. we did just get one from Gift of the Lotus alerts though

skaianDestiny posted:

throw it away and get a kuva kohm instead

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

skaianDestiny posted:

Devastating Attrition, and it's not even a choice. I'm also fond of Evolved Autoloader for tier 3.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

throw it away and get a tenet arca plasmor instead

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Grondoth posted:

...huh, I guess I just got super lucky. I was super jazzed for harrow and got him pretty quick. I came back when I learned that all his stuff got primed. I guess that's the problem with drops, it can lead to "I didn't have that problem, goodbye"

Yeah, I feel bad. I got the correct part the first time I tried in each mission. I only found out he was considered a giant pain in the rear end after the fact. At the time I was like "man, they really just want to give me this dude by the end of this. That's nice."

Khora wasn't so bad (though I wasn't remotely as lucky) mostly because I just played that mode to level crap when I get an affinity bonus. Nowadays I just do boring Trinity ESO but it goes to 30 in a single game a good portion of the time, so it's very efficient. I made a second Khora to feed to Audrey II as my first frame fed to her.

Now Protea? Yeah. If that wasn't a Twitch drop, I'd never have gotten her.

I think everyone's just got their "lol nope" frame as far as requirements go.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
In the past week I've crafted Gyre (seems fine, apparently it was nerfed and her 4 used to be a ton better), Inaros (bad), Wisp (excellent), and Xaku (excellent).

I might stick with Xaku for a while. I've been looking for a new DPS frame and the builds put together by Brozime and KnightmareFrame seem incredibly powerful.

https://youtu.be/y8YPLF2b5o4

https://youtu.be/1UkA9Ulp4p0

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Both of those builds have some suboptimal choices. They will still work because all Xaku needs to delete maps is high range, but Rolling Guard is almost a requirement to keep them alive and there are better ways of reaching 200 strength for armor strip than running Augur Secrets or double corrupted mods and a rank 4 Overextended.

This is what I like to run: https://overframe.gg/build/75917/

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

gnoma posted:

Both of those builds have some suboptimal choices. They will still work because all Xaku needs to delete maps is high range, but Rolling Guard is almost a requirement to keep them alive and there are better ways of reaching 200 strength for armor strip than running Augur Secrets or double corrupted mods and a rank 4 Overextended.

This is what I like to run: https://overframe.gg/build/75917/

Thanks man, did you just upload this tonight? I'll try it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
I edited it tonight. I made it with slight changes when Xaku was released and I'm pretty sure it's the 6 forma Xaku build that DE shouted out in this post: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1223976-upcoming-xaku-changes/.