Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/TotalFilf/status/1550858286001520640?s=20&t=kAnzJKQMXGx15OoWcVxvcw

https://twitter.com/Sall_Gud/status/1550903188206678016?s=20&t=kAnzJKQMXGx15OoWcVxvcw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Its funny how much of a pure malevolent force Robin feels in comparison to Kor or the other weirdos we got on the show so far. Bigfoot guy makes me feel safe, Robin doesn't lmao

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I really wonder if robin was asked about the events of the crash. It seems like he had to be, right? But then why would that get cut out of the episode? Maybe it was more funny to hear him mention it a bunch of times with no context. Or maybe he didn't really say anything or give any details?

I wish I could watch a 10 hour ken burns documentary about every facet of how this show was made after it's over.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Its funny how much of a pure malevolent force Robin feels in comparison to Kor or the other weirdos we got on the show so far. Bigfoot guy makes me feel safe, Robin doesn't lmao

Angela seems actually kind, but with this underlying entitlement to it. There's a big dollop of naivety in there too.

Lister fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 23, 2022

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
damnit looks like this might be serialised! that's gonna be fine in the end, and this was a good episode, but i was expecting a neat episodic thing and now i've got to wait a week to see how this family thing develops.

really different than last week where i kind of liked kor and even tricia, as strange as they were. the two people in this episode were way more out there despite seeming more normal on the surface. got a little sympathy for the lady because she's deluded, but robin was just hilariously terrible. everything he said was great. i wonder what he and his roommate were fighting about.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I really enjoyed that episode and amazed at how Nathan consistently finds people who are so open about sharing their idiosyncrasies. It consistently reminds you about all the different weird hang ups people have and how they prevent them from achieving their goal.

Beyond that, there were so many excellent parts (the fight with the roomamte out of nowhere!) but Robin not even making it through one night had me howling.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Not enough love for the episode 2 MVP. The Nightowl.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

roomtone posted:

damnit looks like this might be serialised! that's gonna be fine in the end, and this was a good episode, but i was expecting a neat episodic thing and now i've got to wait a week to see how this family thing develops.

Yeah that was confirmed before the show started. It’s brought up in that Vulture article from memory.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Robbin just seemed like a huge idiot but Angela basically conned a strange guy into coming over just to pawn her "baby" off onto him so she could sleep. Imagine someone doing this with their real baby, jesus christ.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think that is a rather weird reading of the whole situation.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

TheMopeSquad posted:

Robbin just seemed like a huge idiot but Angela basically conned a strange guy into coming over just to pawn her "baby" off onto him so she could sleep. Imagine someone doing this with their real baby, jesus christ.

In fairness, it was harsh of Nathan to not give her any kind of heads up she can’t just leave a baby at home so she could go out on a date.

Need to give her more notice about these things!

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.

EL BROMANCE posted:

leave a baby at home
to be fair, there's probably less wireless radiation inside the house. it's the safest place for a baby to be, really.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Snooze Cruise posted:

I think that is a rather weird reading of the whole situation.

I dunno I thought it was pretty funny that once he was there, she thought it just meant she didn't have to get out of bed anymore. She definitely didn't con him into being there though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

veni veni veni posted:

I dunno I thought it was pretty funny that once he was there, she thought it just meant she didn't have to get out of bed anymore. She definitely didn't con him into being there though.

Oh yeah totally, her conning him is just a really weird way of putting it since she was upfront about it being a weird experiment (and what his brother said on twitter he wasn't actually one of her tinder matches but someone the producers apparently found and set up the date for)

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I hope the sleepy night owl is in every episode

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Love how Nathan manages to find people that simultaneously make me say "this is the craziest thing I've seen" and "I've definitely been at parties that had 5 of this guy"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Robin is like, kind of terrifying, for real. i hope he doesn't come back. i'm surprised Nathan even let him come back after he went to his house

e: his roommate was definitely tweaking, and Robin had a whole lot of bottles of pills, lmao

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Yeah that episode was much closer to horror than anything I've seen of Nathan's. Robin's reaction to the celibacy thing was just super hosed up, and the more you realize he's insane the more it's a huge relief when he never actually gets the chance to interact with any of the real babies.

Still loved it but good lord that was wild. Sasquatch dude was such a pleasant distraction from some truly unhinged behavior.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
i wonder if they encouraged him to leave that night behind the scenes, or would've gotten rid of him the next day after they got some good material out of him - which they did.

like how they just cut from robin saying he'd drive to nathan driving. obviously between that there was a decision made that this guy isn't driving. although apparently they still drove in his plateless car. how does he not just get pulled over within 30 minutes?

3 mattresses in one room for some reason.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
edit: haha holy poo poo ^^^^

actually, thinking on it, is it possible that Nathan only let him come back that night because Nathan hadn't brought his own car or production crew? and maybe he was like, too nervous to say anything. i could see that.

and maybe his crew actually told Robin he had to go and Robin said that to make it seem like he was leaving by choice

:tinfoil:

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

he's got some real bangers

https://twitter.com/Sall_Gud/status/1520461988488310785

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

roomtone posted:

i wonder if they encouraged him to leave that night behind the scenes, or would've gotten rid of him the next day after they got some good material out of him - which they did.

like how they just cut from robin saying he'd drive to nathan driving. obviously between that there was a decision made that this guy isn't driving. although apparently they still drove in his plateless car. how does he not just get pulled over within 30 minutes?

3 mattresses in one room for some reason.

Portland stopped issuing traffic violations at all for minor poo poo like that shortly after the pandemic started. I see so many plateless cars every day.

inferis fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 24, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lmao that your car not being registered is considered nbd in portland

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Either him or a fairly convincing faker has been posting about it in the nathanforyou subreddit. Who knows if it's legit but it makes Robin seem like an even more toxic human.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
robin i think has a serious mental illness. the delusional pattern matching and repetition of numbers is alarming

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

maybe he hit his head when he crashed his scion tc at 100 mph.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I'd need to comb through the episode but I feel like Nathan gave one of his more blatant looks of character-breaking disgust either in Robin's apartment or when discussing him driving while high. I really wonder how many people like this he'll encounter this season who really remove all the discomfort about taking advantage of them because they come off as completely terrible people.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Martman posted:

I'd need to comb through the episode but I feel like Nathan gave one of his more blatant looks of character-breaking disgust either in Robin's apartment or when discussing him driving while high. I really wonder how many people like this he'll encounter this season who really remove all the discomfort about taking advantage of them because they come off as completely terrible people.

Yeah, he absolutely broke character for a second during the licence plate exchange.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Robin seems like the 3rd member of j squad

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

precision posted:

Robin is like, kind of terrifying, for real. i hope he doesn't come back. i'm surprised Nathan even let him come back after he went to his house

e: his roommate was definitely tweaking, and Robin had a whole lot of bottles of pills, lmao

I'm pretty sure those pills are just vitamins, they looked like nature made bottles.

But yeah, this episode was a wild ride. I couldn't stop laughing when they introduced the robot baby mimicking a real baby straight to the night owl falling asleep. Also I didn't read the episode title until the episode ended and it's just :discourse:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

No hesitance in bringing a bong to a house with a baby.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

stromboni posted:

Love how Nathan manages to find people that simultaneously make me say "this is the craziest thing I've seen" and "I've definitely been at parties that had 5 of this guy"

I used to think "oh he's eccentric" about people I went to highschool with that have now been diagnosed by actual drs. as paranoid schizophrenic

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

WampaLord posted:

I died laughing when Robin just gave up midway through the first night. "Is that your bag?" "Yes."

"Some people just don't have what it takes"

-Guy who falls asleep during his first night on the job

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007
god drat this show rules

god bless you

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nathan for me

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Man, that woman really sucks. Where does Nathan dig up these people?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

cant cook creole bream posted:

Man, that woman really sucks. Where does Nathan dig up these people?

vague craigslist ads promising tv time

there's multiple filters for normal people inherent in the process

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Chemtrailologist posted:

"Some people just don't have what it takes"

-Guy who falls asleep during his first night on the job

first 15 minutes. motherfucker came in and dozed off immediately.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

mark immune posted:

robin i think has a serious mental illness. the delusional pattern matching and repetition of numbers is alarming

like i said above, that's just apophenia, and many many people have it. it's theorized that everyone has it, and that what we call "creativity" is just a side effect of it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Apophenia (/æpoʊˈfiːniə/) is the tendency to perceive meaningful connections between unrelated things.[1] The term (German: Apophänie from the Greek verb ἀποφαίνειν (apophaínein)) was coined by psychiatrist Klaus Conrad in his 1958 publication on the beginning stages of schizophrenia.[2] He defined it as "unmotivated seeing of connections [accompanied by] a specific feeling of abnormal meaningfulness".[3][4] He described the early stages of delusional thought as self-referential over-interpretations of actual sensory perceptions, as opposed to hallucinations.[1][5]

Apophenia has also come to describe a human propensity to unreasonably seek patterns in random information

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/limitlessjest/status/1551055651110940673

he's really proud of that crash