Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Stray feels like a weird mix of Nier: Automata, Homeward Bound and *batteries not included. Having a lot of fun knocking these robots' stuff onto the ground and clawing their rugs though.

Controls could be better, I wish it was a bit more open world. Give me a chance to screw around with the physics of the world and do things the developers never intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Wrong Theory posted:

Stray feels like a weird mix of Nier: Automata...

Oh boy, that does not bode well for that poor cat, or the likely already doomed world they live in.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

facialimpediment posted:

Into the Breach is so loving good, I happened to have a few coins to unlock one of the new mech packs (there are five!!!!) and two hours immediately disappeared. I don't know what the gently caress happened.

Also, I had an earworm of a song stuck in my head this week and I would've bet money it was from Battletech. Nope, brain subconsciously knew it was time for the Breach soundtrack.

Oh nice! Just picked it up for switch. Tried playing invisible inc and nothing wrong with it but it just wasn’t clicking for me.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I picked up the other recent Annapurna Interactive release, Neon White, and after 1 hour in, holy crap it is just instant fun. It's part FPS, part platformer/parkour, part speed-run, part visual novel? That might sound weird, but it has a really well done difficulty curve (so far), and when you do better on a level, but don't max it out, you unlock an in-game hint to go another way to get a massive shortcut. What makes that less of a "gimme" is that you only get that hint once you have already done the level quite fast.

https://www.polygon.com/reviews/23185130/neon-white-review-speedrun-fps-deck-builder-pc-switch

Some gameplay and dev intro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA7aG1C5FU0

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 21, 2022

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Is BF2042 still hot garbage, or is it okay now? I wanna shoot a mans

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Is BF2042 still hot garbage, or is it okay now? I wanna shoot a mans

It’s a lot better than it was at release but is still an extremely disappointing Battlefield entry.

If you’re sick of battle royales and just want to shoot dudes on big maps then it’s your only real choice right now. That’s why I still play it an hour or two a week.

Hell Let Loose is good but it doesn’t scratch the same itch.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Yea I ended up grabbing it and I've been having fun with it, just because I really felt like some battlefield, but I'm a bit over ww2 atm and bf1 seemed to be full of hackers.
It's definitely not great, it seems pretty lacking in really standout maps. I like how fast it feels though, especially coming straight from bf5.
My only real gripe is that you don't seem to be able to switch squads? It's a bummer when you get stuck with random dummies trying to snipe or whatever.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Yea I ended up grabbing it and I've been having fun with it, just because I really felt like some battlefield, but I'm a bit over ww2 atm and bf1 seemed to be full of hackers.
It's definitely not great, it seems pretty lacking in really standout maps. I like how fast it feels though, especially coming straight from bf5.
My only real gripe is that you don't seem to be able to switch squads? It's a bummer when you get stuck with random dummies trying to snipe or whatever.

You can switch squads but you can’t pick which one. Iirc you have to hit escape and get into the player list there (NOT the tab button player list), then it’ll show you a button to hit to get assigned to a random open squad (it will just do nothing if there are none open).

There’s a lot to the game that’s still quarter-baked

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Satisfactory is on sale for 17,99 on Steam, and I'm gonna buy it again just so I don't have to deal with the Epic Games launcher anymore in the near future.

Also,

Carteret posted:

The weird story going on in the background of Power Wash Simulator really goes places

uh...poo poo gets dark

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I loving TOLD YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Hello Sarah are you still in 7 days?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

BERGfu posted:

dusted

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Lol

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Probe reason: lmao

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

All he needed to do was follow the calamity trail. Where there is screams of terror and cries for help ... there is Sarah.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
My current BF kick is reminding me of how much fuckin fun bfnam was back in the day, which in turn got me wondering if anyone still plays rising storm nam. Think that might be next on my list. Hell Let Loose looks pretty amazing but I'm a bit over ww2 games atm.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Finally got around to playing through and finishing Black Mesa, loved every minute of it. They even made Xen fun. Brought back a lot of memories of how much Half Life and HL mods I played like 20-22 years ago. Must have dropped like thousands of hours playing Day of Defeat and TFC.

Makes me want more Half Life but till I get a VR headset or Valve learns to count to three, I'm poo poo outta luck on that front.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

BERGfu posted:

Wait, 7 days to die? I just got sucked back in, but I’m just giving myself ammo and a gyrocopter so I can go exploring the world after whatever the latest update was.

e: and building wasteland bases in various buildings, gotta spite the game somehow :getin:

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Sarah where's the golf cart?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BERGfu posted:

What you should be asking her is why hasn't she crafted the Charger or Dune buggy yet as she did join the server just to pick the mechanic class and all we got is some dirt bikes, a golf cart and a HMMWV off her thus far. I think we need to grease one of the traders for the Blackhawk so she gets a pass there. Though I should thank her for the rescue mission she did with the golf cart in the wasteland when Lucifer came out of the demon gate and gibbed me in one shot wile I was in my titanium hole.

Icon Of Sin posted:

Wait, 7 days to die? I just got sucked back in, but I’m just giving myself ammo and a gyrocopter so I can go exploring the world after whatever the latest update was.

e: and building wasteland bases in various buildings, gotta spite the game somehow :getin:

Yeah we are playing a mod called Darkness Falls for 7 Days to die.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Drinkfist posted:

What you should be asking her is why hasn't she crafted the Charger or Dune buggy yet as she did join the server just to pick the mechanic class and all we got is some dirt bikes, a golf cart and a HMMWV off her thus far. I think we need to grease one of the traders for the Blackhawk so she gets a pass there. Though I should thank her for the rescue mission she did with the golf cart in the wasteland when Lucifer came out of the demon gate and gibbed me in one shot wile I was in my titanium hole.

Yeah we are playing a mod called Darkness Falls for 7 Days to die.

Dipped my toes in that, and was standing in the absolute wrong place trying to pull some zombies out to the street for a bashin’. What was that wrong place?

Directly between the guards at a trader, and the zombie I was kiting through the doorway outside :v:

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

BERGfu posted:

Drinkfist went out at like 4am eastern to mine in the radiation zone. He DM'd me at 6 AM asking me to rescue him. Apparently Lucifer himself came out of a portal to give him a kiss. I didn't know he took the HMMWV (he attempted to get his bag alone lol) so I took the golf cart to give him a ride. Ended up abandoning the golf cart and I took the HMMWV home and he took his dirt bike. I don't know what he did with the golf cart after all that. I told him to leave it.

I am now resetting the server cause it's being weird and when it's back up I'm going to make 1 of every vehicle for you, Drinkfist. Also the probation is for making me late to my massage appointment because I had to rescue you.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Sarah posted:

Drinkfist went out at like 4am eastern to mine in the radiation zone. He DM'd me at 6 AM asking me to rescue him. Apparently Lucifer himself came out of a portal to give him a kiss. I didn't know he took the HMMWV (he attempted to get his bag alone lol) so I took the golf cart to give him a ride. Ended up abandoning the golf cart and I took the HMMWV home and he took his dirt bike. I don't know what he did with the golf cart after all that. I told him to leave it.

I am now resetting the server cause it's being weird and when it's back up I'm going to make 1 of every vehicle for you, Drinkfist. Also the probation is for making me late to my massage appointment because I had to rescue you.

I offered to massage you for free but you refused. I contest this probation as dental corps are duty bound to follow infantryman into hell itself and boy I was fighting the devil. You real world obligations are obviously lower than saving internet friends in video games about zombies. Also I recovered the Golf Cart and drove it home with the dirt bike in the "trunk" but you used a great deal of my titanium so I gotta go back to that hell hole and get some more. I am sure nothing will go wrong.

Also nice park job sarah :black101:. You really bring the whole motor pool together.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 26, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Is 7 days to die worth loving with on xbox?

Power wash simulator is wearing thin. I'm on the treehouse and might have finally reached peak boredom.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Power wash simulator is wearing thin. I'm on the treehouse and might have finally reached peak boredom.

Never tried it on Xbox so I don't know but I am sure you can't mod it. The entire fun of this run came from both the mods and friends. Which basically any game is fun with.

We have beaten the hell out of base 7 Days to Die and the difficulty drops off dramatically when you level and gear up. But for most of the total conversion mods like this Darkness Falls, the difficulty is wild.

Although one thing the new recient updates have vastly improved upon is how cities are generated. It looks so much better now with them generating the downtown and rural areas.

Bonus hurr hurr.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There was some kind of licensing fallout years ago iirc, and the console versions haven’t been updated or patched since. Also, echoing that the fun is in the mods and playing with friends. Playing solo just gets you a basic base ( :v ), having some friends to share the load lets you get to outright stupid layouts :getin:

e: Wikipedia says the last console update was Dec 2017. The company that was handling the console port for them went bankrupt, laid off almost everyone, and the devs pulled the license.

e2: maybe there’s hope?

https://saltyzombies.com/7-days-to-die-update-console/

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jul 27, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Alright, I'll probably give it a try for the hell of it. I'm not the modding type anyhow, so that's not a deal breaker for me, and I frequently just play alone anyhow.

I'm getting tired of waiting for State of Decay 3.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Alright, I'll probably give it a try for the hell of it. I'm not the modding type anyhow, so that's not a deal breaker for me, and I frequently just play alone anyhow.

I'm getting tired of waiting for State of Decay 3.

Revolting

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Not bad, not bad. Console controls are clunky, but Unity.

There's some light modding poo poo included but it's way more in depth than my usual zombie game experience. I'm probably missing out by not spending a bundle of money on a PC but this might hold me over until SoD3.

Seems like most of the games I play now are Unity engine and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
When is state of decay due out?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Well. They announced it 2 years ago and still doesn't have a release date. Sounds like people are hopeful to see it next year at this point.

I really hoped it would come out last year, then this year, and now I'd just be happy with a new map on SoD2 if 3 is never coming.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

State of Decay 2 just didn't click for me. Which is weird because I absolutely loved 1. Maybe I'll give it another shot whenever they announce 3's release date.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I really enjoyed 2, never spent more than maybe a handful of hours playing 1. The online multiplayer really helps and works pretty smoothly. Haven't finished 2 completely, but I burned out after playing for months straight.

I'll probably jump back onto 2 when a release date comes out too. If nothing else, just for familiarity.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I played the hell out of both games and loved them both. SOD 1 was a rough but complete game when it shipped; SOD 2 was a polished but incomplete game when it was released but has only gotten better through DLC and patches. Dunno what I’m looking for with 3- if they went with the same formula I’ll be happy but what I’d love to see some day is a game that simulates a zombie apocalypse from day one to the collapse of civilization some time later. Dunno how someone would make it work but it would be cool as hell.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Have any of you folks had a look at this?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1679290/Fire__Maneuver/

An interesting turn-based strategy game with simultaneous movement and several campaigns, right now it's free to download early access, but it is quite fun as it is. Multiplayer is rather neat too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

um Multiversus is pretty loving legit for a no excuses made smash clone

it has serious legs to become a thing. Netcode is loving great and I've had basically no lag, the actual fighting mechanics are imo better than smash bros and much more competative than "final destination no items fox only". I found matches in about 20-30 seconds and the playerbase size is loving unreal for something like this

pricing is a bit whack but it looks not bad for f2p stuff if you just wanna grab a new character hete and there after grinding a couple days. the battle pass/queue system works basically exactly like fortnite. It was dev'd by a bunch of ex Riot games employees, so they know how to work f2p i guess

its in open beta on steam and worth a shot just to try out jake the dog from adventure time fight lebron james and arya stark from got. im extremely surprised it's as well made mechanic wise as it is.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Yeah I messed around with it for an hour last night and had a surprisingly good time. That attack decay from mashing buttons is kind of bullshit but I guess I just need to work on mixing up attacks.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Hekk posted:

Yeah I messed around with it for an hour last night and had a surprisingly good time. That attack decay from mashing buttons is kind of bullshit but I guess I just need to work on mixing up attacks.

dude we need to run duos, my finn from adventure time hosed up all the randos i faced last night

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hekk and i rollin loud to paste the walls with 12 year old tryhards online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hekk and i rollin loud to paste the walls with 12 year old tryhards online

Lol I did just win a few matches. I need to figure out whether I am spending money on this game. It plays pretty smoothly and the simple controls are fun.