Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

lol at that lady in between all the other homophobes talking about LGBT PROPAGANDA on a one woman crusade to prove that there is NOTHING gay about Top Gun. You had to be a 20 year old in the 80s to GET it.

Men playing pickup football is NORMAL. FIND A NEW SLANT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

ToxicFrog posted:

God doesn't want kids, he wants slaves.

In Eden God is freaking out at the possibility that, having eaten of the fruit of knowledge, humans might also eat of the fruit of life and live forever, thus becoming too much like him. Which is bullshit if he thinks of them as kids, but makes perfect sense if he wants obedient servitors that are too weak to rebel, and too ignorant to think of doing so in the first place.

This happens again with Babel: God goes "oh poo poo, if humans work together they'll be able to do anything, better do something to make it as hard as possible for them to cooperate with each other".

God exists in a state of constant terror that humanity will one day overthrow him, coupled with the inescapable knowledge that doing so would be entirely justified.

well if that's all he wanted, he already had the angels. most of them still do what he says. i suppose he has to invent free will so he can get off on people abandoning it for him?

attack and dethrone god

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

ben shapino posted:

an heir of discomfort

New Morrisey album looking like the same old poo poo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Punkin Spunkin posted:

tarantino's cameo rant about top gun in Sleep With Me is making the rounds on ig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF1LXL6OOsM

It has taken so much effort to not talk about this to every other Gen X/Boomer co-worker the past few months every time they start talking about how much they loved the sequel. I don't even think most of them are bigoted, it's just too much for their older minds to take. And it's a take given by one of their own!

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Never heard of that movie previously, looked it up and it is only really cared about for that scene, funny. Looks extremely mid-90s.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, Albany apparently has only 96,000 people
They're still recovering from the deadly Ham Steamery explosion of 2005 🤷🏻‍♀️

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

lol at that lady in between all the other homophobes talking about LGBT PROPAGANDA on a one woman crusade to prove that there is NOTHING gay about Top Gun. You had to be a 20 year old in the 80s to GET it.

Men playing pickup football is NORMAL. FIND A NEW SLANT.

Top Gun is mostly a romance between a man and a woman with some jets. If you want to make a case for the man being bisexual, then sure.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The man wants to gently caress the fighter jets.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
But really who doesnt

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Oh yeah i dont have any particular opinion on Top Gun anyway, just delighting in all these twisted idiots.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

OwlFancier posted:

The man wants to gently caress the fighter jets.

Ah, an anthro-plane lover...a man of CULTURE.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ElysiumDynasty/status/1550796957752369153

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Could not be happier to hear that honestly.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

drat, and my tiny violin is in for repairs right now.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
As a ciswoman with a big ole nose, just lol.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

TinTower posted:

And that's if you count the businesses; if you don't, the population of Wilmington is basically the extended Biden family.

Fake news.

The corporate population of the town is at least four times that figure.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

AngryRobotsInc posted:

drat, and my tiny violin is in for repairs right now.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, Albany apparently has only 96,000 people

No wonder, who would seriously want to stay in a place that serves 'Steamed Hams' as their regional dish.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

This is just phrenology, and prooooooobably some slowly unraveling bigotry (as many non wasps have prominent or distinctive noses)

So basically par for the course for terfs

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Willing to regress feminism back to pre 1950s , just because they don't want to poop in the same room as a trans person.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mega Comrade posted:

Willing to regress feminism back to pre 1950s , just because they don't want to poop in the same room as a trans person.

If u think about it what's even the point of feminism if it benefits anybody other than upper class white women? I became a feminist to help myself become the oppressor, not to help others complete with me for cushy jobs and perks and stuff!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
TERF is a useful term, but they aren't actually feminist. It's like saying Libertarians are in favor of racial equality because they think black shop owners and white shop owners should be equally allowed to exclude people by race.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

steinrokkan posted:

If u think about it what's even the point of feminism if it benefits anybody other than upper class white women? I became a feminist to help myself become the oppressor, not to help others complete with me for cushy jobs and perks and stuff!
Music has genres, so does feminism.

Reactionary Retrowave Feminism

Conveniently the main colors of Retrowave as a genre are also pink and blue

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

he already deleted all his tweets on the thread, but screenshots are everywhere

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

What was even the context other than exploiting a poor person for fun

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Mx. posted:

he already deleted all his tweets on the thread, but screenshots are everywhere

e: literally comically evil

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Bows on the wrong side of the bridge smdh

actually I wonder what happens if you do that. probably nothing good. I'll try it when I get home

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It makes a high kinda scritchy sound.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
headphone warning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jii2VfVeX7M

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Skwirl posted:

TERF is a useful term, but they aren't actually feminist. It's like saying Libertarians are in favor of racial equality because they think black shop owners and white shop owners should be equally allowed to exclude people by race.

One could also use Feminism Appropriating Radical Transphobes.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

cult_hero posted:

Trans Exclusionary Racist Fuckheads

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Why does nobody care about the Trans Exclusionary Moderate Feminists?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

evobatman posted:

Why does nobody care about the Trans Exclusionary Moderate Feminists?

not as catchy

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

cult_hero posted:

Yeah but they seem to get really mad about TERF and seem to think it's a slur, so I say we keep calling em that. gently caress em (or rather don't)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

cult_hero posted:

Or we could not because it's dumb to the point of being dumber than the TERFs themselves.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Getting into pointless semantics arguments fighting a battle you already won is on brand tho

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

dumber than the TERFs themselves.

No it’s not

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I dunno where to mention it but the spam bots that have pitched up on these very forums over the last couple of days make me laugh, there have GOT to be better ways to use stolen card details.

also yeah calling TERFs FARTs is just kinda lame

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Yeah but it’s not dumber than the terfs themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

joylessdivision posted:

Yeah but they seem to get really mad about TERF and seem to think it's a slur, so I say we keep calling em that.

E:

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Yeah but it’s not dumber than the terfs themselves

normally id say don't ascribe stupidity to your enemies when they want you dead but yeah they are really loving stupid

Jezza of OZPOS has a new favorite as of 23:47 on Jul 24, 2022