Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Looking at that WAN Show, it seems like a case of a legitimately psychotic LTT stan inventing a rape accusation to try and sabotage Linus and his business with a mass email to guessed LTT worker emails and any disclosed business partners. A whole lot of :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: has ensued. Just absolutely hosed up poo poo

e. what a fitting :synpa: for a youtube thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Good job, team. Great thread title. Keep up the good work.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Looking at that WAN Show, it seems like a case of a legitimately psychotic LTT stan inventing a rape accusation to try and sabotage Linus and his business with a mass email to guessed LTT worker emails and any disclosed business partners. A whole lot of :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: has ensued. Just absolutely hosed up poo poo

e. what a fitting :synpa: for a youtube thread

Idk whats funnier, anybody believing such a bizarre accusation or Linus feeling that the measured and sensible response was to publicly disclose his relationship history.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Guesses at Linus’s body count?

I’m gonna say 3

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

EngineerJoe posted:

It was ill timed because someone is claiming Linus raped and impregnated a 12 year old girl

wait, i thought this was glenn beck

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I’m gonna say 3

mewse
May 2, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I’m gonna say 3

You overestimated by 50%

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lol imagine getting that message from your boss

Imagine it.

Lol

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

wait, i thought this was glenn beck

No no, Glenn beck murdered the 12 year old after raping her.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Jesus Christ, this just seems way too much of a panicked response, and putting names in there as well? Oof.

Surely the first thing you do is call a lawyer?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stop reacting so heavily mr. linus. don't become WingsOfSebastian

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Considering how batshit insane and reactive a fair fraction of the population has shown itself to be, over the last 2-6 years, I can understand him trying to get ahead of the issue.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i would not handle being accused of rape and pedophila well and i imagine that would be even more pronounced if i was a father of young kids. i don't think he's nailing the landing or anything but i sympathize about this infinitely more than i do most of his problems.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Imagine it.

Lol

Buddy I get those every week

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

funnier than i ever could have imagined

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
how is “she tasted of cigarette smoke” not the title

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
Linus strikes me as the kind of boss who would be completely insufferable to any of his employees who smokes.

Soul Glo posted:

Also I know the title got refreshed recently but honestly, this

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Soul Glo posted:

Holy poo poo. I hadn't read the message, and I thought that quote was from idk, a Woody Allen film or something.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Idk the memo is a pretty good strategy to put out there. Any time some allegations pop up he can just point to that and say this is my sexual history instead of having to deny. It's gross but 🤷‍♂️

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

Idk the memo is a pretty good strategy to put out there. Any time some allegations pop up he can just point to that and say this is my sexual history instead of having to deny. It's gross but 🤷‍♂️

Easy for him, maybe

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Straight People: I am SUCH A SLUT, I have slept with like 5 people! Jessica, Molly, Tiffany, Alexis and Lauren. How many people have you slept with?

Gay People: I dunno, it's over 100, almost certain less than 300, maybe 170-ish? Wait, Mark, did we ever gently caress? Oh, yeah, I kinda of remember that. Anyways, refills?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

Lol legal action is more effective than linking inquiring journalists to a post on your forums where you list out the girls you smooched at church camp imo but then again i am not a lawyer so what do i kmow

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Soul Glo posted:

Lol legal action is more effective than linking inquiring journalists to a post on your forums where you list out the girls you smooched at church camp imo but then again i am not a lawyer so what do i kmow

It's really not. Legal action isn't going to do poo poo for Linus. What matters is salvaging your reputation. If someone can make a youtube video titled "Half of LTT staff QUITS after Linus accused of UNDERAGED R*PE!!!!", that's going to have a more or less permanent impact on the trajectory of the company. This isn't big business world where "LOL we funded a genocide" is barely a blip, LTT exists in a space where reputation is everything.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

K8.0 posted:

It's really not. Legal action isn't going to do poo poo for Linus. What matters is salvaging your reputation. If someone can make a youtube video titled "Half of LTT staff QUITS after Linus accused of UNDERAGED R*PE!!!!", that's going to have a more or less permanent impact on the trajectory of the company. This isn't big business world where "LOL we funded a genocide" is barely a blip, LTT exists in a space where reputation is everything.

True, but it only works if the accuser also has a similar reputation, some random no-ones ever heard of making very big accusations with no evidence isn’t going to do much.

However getting legal advice could help massively by making sure he doesn’t dig himself into a legal hole that causes issues later on.

If the culture at LTT is so bad that some person nobody knows says Linus did a bad thing and it causes half the staff to quit, well there were probably heaps of underlying issues already.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Adolf Glitter posted:

Holy poo poo. I hadn't read the message, and I thought that quote was from idk, a Woody Allen film or something.

You may be thinking of the scene in Forrest Gump when Lt. Dan has some hookers over and it goes poorly.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rudager posted:

True, but it only works if the accuser also has a similar reputation, some random no-ones ever heard of making very big accusations with no evidence isn’t going to do much.

However getting legal advice could help massively by making sure he doesn’t dig himself into a legal hole that causes issues later on.

If the culture at LTT is so bad that some person nobody knows says Linus did a bad thing and it causes half the staff to quit, well there were probably heaps of underlying issues already.

Most of the time credible accusers with plenty of evidence have no impact on someone. The accused just gets their head down and carries on as before a year or so later. See: Nick Robinson still being a big name in videogame media.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Three Olives posted:

Straight People: I am SUCH A SLUT, I have slept with like 5 people! Jessica, Molly, Tiffany, Alexis and Lauren. How many people have you slept with?

Gay People: I dunno, it's over 100, almost certain less than 300, maybe 170-ish? Wait, Mark, did we ever gently caress? Oh, yeah, I kinda of remember that. Anyways, refills?
This is a weird post, and I don't know why you made it - but by all means do go ahead and keep stereotyping that sexual orientation has anything to do with sexual appetite, as if that's a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010

Adolf Glitter posted:

https://youtu.be/6S2SHMAxlKk

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Three Olives posted:

:chloe:

what is this

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Why are all of your posts so bad.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Haha yeah all gay people are the same.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Imagine it.

Lol

HR approved it first.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
I might not have fully agreed with how out of touch he was about BMW‘s, but I can’t get over him putting the loving names of people he had previous relationships in that post?

Does he honestly think it wouldn’t get out to the general public, and what that might mean for those people he just named?

I hope no-one does anything dumb with the info, but I’ve also been around the internet long enough….

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Three Olives posted:

Get help.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Rudager posted:

I might not have fully agreed with how out of touch he was about BMW‘s, but I can’t get over him putting the loving names of people he had previous relationships in that post?

Does he honestly think it wouldn’t get out to the general public, and what that might mean for those people he just named?

I hope no-one does anything dumb with the info, but I’ve also been around the internet long enough….

Are you talking about the first names in that email, or did he put out full names somewhere else?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Klyith posted:

Are you talking about the first names in that email, or did he put out full names somewhere else?

You think first names alone aren’t enough ammo for loving online weirdos to hunt down people (probably multiple people with those names) and ask them if Linus was a good kisser at bible camp?

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
Honestly although he's a big doof, (assuming he's innocent) it's also gonna be extremely stressful to have an allegation like that gather momentum online so you can't fault someone for doing something weird like that in a panic to try and rein in the situation. Although I agree you could also just not include the names, or unnecessarily burn the first person you ever kissed for having been a teenage smoker.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I guess he's too cheap to have some kind of PR filter employed or contracted

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Soul Glo posted:

You think first names alone aren’t enough ammo for loving online weirdos to hunt down people (probably multiple people with those names) and ask them if Linus was a good kisser at bible camp?

Yes, quite frankly I do. And if some weirdo spams everyone in British Columbia about this, that's on them, not Linus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Klyith posted:

Yes, quite frankly I do. And if some weirdo spams everyone in British Columbia about this, that's on them, not Linus.

:rolleyes: