Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
bounties are poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

fuckin coconut in poo poo chocolate

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

DesperateDan posted:

bounties are poo poo

gulag

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
The last time I had a Bounty I was certain it couldn't be as bad as I remembered and it was, in fact, way worse

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Terry's Chocolate Apple

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Terry's Chocolate Labrador

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
John Terry's Chocolate Friend That Proves He's Not Racist

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Bounties are as bad as chocolate oranges.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Terry's Chocolate Monster Munch

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
btw anyone in South Leeds either watch out for cunts attending this poo poo tonight or help batter them

https://twitter.com/lowles_nick/status/1550810044911984643

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Miftan posted:

For once, your food opinion is technically correct

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I love Bounties because I'm always last to the chocolate box and that's all that's left

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like "turns up and eats the sad dregs of the chocolate box" should be a new meaning for the term catfish.

A species that subsits on purple quality street, bounties, and parma violets.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Dabir posted:

I love Bounties because I'm always last to the chocolate box and that's all that's left

So you love them because you acquired the taste under duress, i see

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Parma violets are actually good

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Microplastics posted:

So you love them because you acquired the taste under duress, i see

Just like smoking and lagers.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

for a clown to eat, at the circus

I am genuinely surprised they still make them, i don't know anyone IRL who likes them.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

until original recipe cadburys can be revived under an overarching nationalised scheme of mine to bring back decent junk food called "gently caress you jamie oliver you greasy little dogshit man" twin peaks bars are the chocolate of the proletariat imo

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
I miss when Milk Tray had Turkish delight because I could deliberately eat other chocs first then get the Turkish delights to myself at the end.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Miftan posted:

I have never met anyone with taste as wrong as yours.

Yes, I used to smoke a pack a day when I was younger, why do you ask?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lol he's teetotal and got fined by the police for partying during lockdown, me, an alcoholic. nothing

Right, so it's victims of sex trafficking, then.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Well, we're back to the 80s, nostalgia fans...

We're either getting Thatcher 1.9 or 2.1, AIDS 2.0 is here (says who? says WHO, that's who) and the US will be getting Reagan 2.0, post Biden's Carter 2.0 Dem 1-term no-hoper after the previous Rep was so poo poo even the Reps wanted shot of him.

So take advantage of today's current cheap (in retrospect) house prices and hope it doesn't end in nuclear fire, because you can't get insurance for that.

This is why I normally always leave my Freeview on channel 11 so I don't see any news by accident that might upset me.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

OzyMandrill posted:

I have never met anyone with taste as wrong as yours.

Yes, I used to smoke a pack a day when I was younger, why do you ask?

Being fair, you've not met me either.

I assume it's just.. The way you're raised and the food you're exposed to as a kid? I don't know. The UK has plenty of really good local food so I think the stereotype is generally underserved but then sometimes you have these illicit love affairs with chocolate oranges and black pudding that nobody understands except possibly australians who are just warm weather brits.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

btw anyone in South Leeds either watch out for cunts attending this poo poo tonight or help batter them

https://twitter.com/lowles_nick/status/1550810044911984643

it would be awful and tragic if there was a fire and the venue wasn't up to code and they all got incinerated

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
hehe i'd laugh my head off actually!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hehe:

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Qwertycoatl posted:

Genuinely shocked to discover this horrendous food opinion wasn't posted by Miftan

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Niric posted:

Genuinely shocked to discover this horrendous food opinion wasn't posted by Miftan

I've never had one. I imagine they taste like chalk if that helps?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Miftan posted:

I've never had one. I imagine they taste like chalk if that helps?

You wish, far worse.

Next time you get the opportunity put one in your mouth, so that you can trauma bond with everyone else.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

You wish, far worse.

Next time you get the opportunity put one in your mouth, so that you can trauma bond with everyone else.

I'll definitely do that and report back. I'd have liked to do a lot more British food reports for the thread, but since I've gone vegan a lot of it is just off the table so we'll never know.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you've ever had love hearts, or fizzers, same texture but it literally tastes like drinking perfume, horrifying.

Though if you like other floral flavours you might enjoy it?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Parma violets are weird in that by all means I should hate them but for some reason I do like them.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Yeah Parma Violets are up there with aniseed anything as being utterly vile.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Tesseraction posted:

Parma violets are weird in that by all means I should hate them but for some reason I do like them.

Same, hate turkish delight (floral flavoured), don't like refreshers, or the bad kind of smarties (chalky sweets), but Parma Violets are fun to eat cause they taste so weird. In a good way, honest

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I don't normally like Turkish Delight but I had a Turkish colleague who would bring Turkish Delight back from Turkey (I think they're officially Turkiye now) and that poo poo was incredible.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Parma violets are mostly baffling to me. They aren't even that unpleasant, it's just confusing why anybody would choose to eat them over literally any other sweet.

Aniseed balls are fantastic though, sorry for your bad tastebuds Lungboy.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Reveilled posted:

Same, hate turkish delight (floral flavoured), don't like refreshers, or the bad kind of smarties (chalky sweets), but Parma Violets are fun to eat cause they taste so weird. In a good way, honest

My local Tesco have been selling Refreshers for 20p a roll so it's like "poo poo, I better buy 10 packs because the local store sells them for 50p and that saving is just leaving money on the table, almost pays for the bus fare!" And so I've gotten back into Refreshers and now I bet Tesco will jack the price back up :(

But yes, loving Parma Violets are just weird. Why the gently caress have you flavoured sugar with perfume?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

I don't normally like Turkish Delight but I had a Turkish colleague who would bring Turkish Delight back from Turkey (I think they're officially Turkiye now) and that poo poo was incredible.

The texture is great, but again, weird floral flavour that probably doesn't benefit from being synthesized with the cheapest esters available.

I did a while back buy a bar of salmiakki, and while I still hate liquorice, it did taste better than normal liquorice so I am forced to concede that Finland has some sort of good idea there I guess, although not sure if making liquorice taste slightly less horrible to people who hate it, is a good use of resources.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DesperateDan posted:

fuckin coconut in poo poo chocolate

Milk chocolate Bounties were shat from Satan's rear end in a top hat, I'll grant you, but dark chocolate ones are good.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Miftan posted:

The UK has plenty of really good local food so I think the stereotype is generally underserved but then sometimes you have these illicit love affairs with chocolate oranges and black pudding that nobody understands except possibly australians who are just warm weather brits.
The British appetite for blood sausage and the Jehovah's Witness opposition to blood fractions might well be the two largest cultural drivers towards fully synthetic blood, which in turn would provide transplant media stock and also an egg substitute that's vegan, kosher, halal, and allergy friendly.

Satisfy those and you're halfway towards solving human donor medicine and good vegan cakes.

crispix posted:

it would be awful and tragic if there was a fire and the venue wasn't up to code and they all got incinerated
I remember hearing an old story where Ailtirí na hAiséirghe, an Irish totalitarian turbo-Christian corporatist fascist lot of bastards in the 1940s, held a meeting in a community building, and a small contingent of 'ra men went along to see what it was all about, then they got kicked out for refusing to pledge to the fascist allegiance that was demanded, said 'gently caress this' and got very drunk in a pub somewhere up the street to the hall, and by the time that the fascists had finally finished up and started heading out had armed themselves with half inch iron road pins, lurked outside in the bushes, and knocked the whole fash movement into insignificance/hospital beds with said construction materials in the space of half an hour.

There's a lesson in that for all peoples of all places.

OwlFancier posted:

I did a while back buy a bar of salmiakki, and while I still hate liquorice, it did taste better than normal liquorice so I am forced to concede that Finland has some sort of good idea there I guess, although not sure if making liquorice taste slightly less horrible to people who hate it, is a good use of resources.
You can also get the sal ammoniac salt and apply it to other things, like instead of table salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also while doing mild wikipedia diving I found:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisherman%27s_Friend

Apparently both thatcher and macron eat lots of fisherman's friends and famously the fishing industry was pro brexit, so perhaps they cause bad political ideas.

Also technically blood is already a vegan egg substitute if you are committed or good friends with someone.