Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

But what is it, and why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Nobody knows, but it's provocative.

It gets the people going

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

There's a guy who does Trials tutorial videos called Fat Shady. It is a play on "Slim Shady".

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

for fucks sake posted:

There's a guy who does Trials tutorial videos called Fat Shady. It is a play on "Slim Shady".

Kind of a lazy play on words. I'd say he should have gone full opposite but I can't really think of what the opposite of "shady" is. Sunny?

In middle school, my social studies teacher used to read us riddles that featured this character called Slim Shady. That same year Eminem became real famous with "My Name Is..." and I assumed for years that Eminem's Slim Shady thing was a reference to these dumbass riddles.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Captain Hygiene posted:

But what is it, and why?

It's it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
"Ugh, I sound like THAT?"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

What is it?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

But what is it, and why?

I've never seen one before - no one has - but I'm guessing it's a white hole

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
JurassicParkThereItIs.gif

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's what it's.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm glad two other people got it but there's a lot of people in here making Epic mistakes.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

w00t!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Baron von Eevl posted:

I'm glad two other people got it but there's a lot of people in here making Epic mistakes.

I just don't have faith in those people no more.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

credburn posted:

I just don't have faith in those people no more.

It's not even that you don't have faith, you can't have it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

how a talkbox works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_L5v9OTSxc

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Talkboxes were originally designed to go between the power amp and the speaker, so if you were running a loud enough amp it could gently caress you up or literally shatter your teeth.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
It should be "Honey I Shrank the Kids"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Shrink Shrank Shrunk

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Captain Splendid posted:

It should be "Honey I Shrank the Kids"

And don't even get me started on the explosives-lacking sequel!!

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Captain Hygiene posted:

And don't even get me started on the explosives-lacking sequel!!

Honey I Blown Up the Kid?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

That's so catchy!

I've never known what that was or how it worked, either. I remember years and years ago seeing on TV the Foo Fighters playing Generator live, and I thought Dave Grohl was gargling water from the tube...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

That the Joker's moniker of 'Clown Prince of Crime' is a pun on Crown Prince.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

And that is probably a reference to Moriarty, Sherlock Holmes' arch enemy who was called "The Napoleon of Crime".

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I don't know if it's canon but I just saw the Music Man on broadway, not having seen any version of it since maybe in high school, and the "little brother" Winthrop is supposed to be Marian's illegitimate child from a man who abandoned her right?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

icantfindaname posted:

I don't know if it's canon but I just saw the Music Man on broadway, not having seen any version of it since maybe in high school, and the "little brother" Winthrop is supposed to be Marian's illegitimate child from a man who abandoned her right?

How'd you find out? Did he let his tongue slip?

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

icantfindaname posted:

Isn’t Marian supposed to be like, 16 years old?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

No?

Sucrose posted:

No!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Sucrose posted:

In the production I saw Sutton Foster was Marian, and is 47, the mother was Marie Mullen who is 68. Winthrop was an actual 10 year old

icantfindaname has a new favorite as of 23:48 on Jul 23, 2022

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Sucrose posted:

How does a 16 year old get a job as a librarian and the reputation for being an old maid?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Weembles posted:

How does a 16 year old get a job as a librarian and the reputation for being an old maid?

You see back then people only lived to be 23

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Must've been all that Bevo and cubebs and Tailor Mades.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Weembles posted:

Oh, uh, I think I must be remembering my high school’s production of The Music Man, where the girl playing Marian probably was actually 16 years old.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The coroner (or whatever) from NCIS was a man from U.N.C.L.E..

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

He was also sampled by Dr Dre:

https://youtu.be/G9jHiifI74Q

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I think there was an episode where someone asked what the coroner looked like when he was young and the reply was "Ilya Kuryakin"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Splendid posted:

I think there was an episode where someone asked what the coroner looked like when he was young and the reply was "Ilya Kuryakin"

Ha!

e: Wait I remember that loving line but still didn't make the connection :doh: (Yeah I watched NCIS so sue me.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

There's no keyboard in this song. Garnet isn't doing anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cblLkkZeM1g

Also the previous episode involves Stephen's laundry including a pair of socks. He doesn't wear socks! He's never in anything other than flip-flops.

This is like the billionth time I've watched this series...