Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Speaking of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvCFc5JtkkA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

I disliked the introduction of the bulletproof suits at first but it's given them the excuse to do sick rear end sword and bow and arrow fights so they are now good.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Sandman trailer;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83ClbRPRDXU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This is one of the arcs I don't like in Sandman but it looks like they made some interesting casting decisions so tentatively interested in it?
Lol at the song though.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 24, 2022

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Has the guy playing Dream been in anything before? He looks pretty bland in this trailer.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

loving hyped.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

having finally seen THE Batman, it's disappointing that they had to get discount R-Patz for this, because man he would have been perfect

looks great though. Constantine has big Anthony Michael Hall energy

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

This looks absolutely incredible, wow. I haven't read the comics, but THIS is how you set up a trailer to get someone interested, unlike the LotR one.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
they shoulda made lady constantine as scuffy as normal constantine

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i love how hard the show is leaning on the mask, because IIRC the mask was only in the comics at all because it was a way to link it to the Sandman from the 50s

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Aren’t those stories from pretty different parts of the comic? Hell was issue 2 or 3 and Dr Destiny in the diner was in the first arc somewhere. The Corinthian is like halfway through.

It really should be a 1993 period piece, though. Catch that rising nostalgia wave as the Stranger Things one breaks and recedes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I AM GRANDO posted:

Aren’t those stories from pretty different parts of the comic? Hell was issue 2 or 3 and Dr Destiny in the diner was in the first arc somewhere. The Corinthian is like halfway through.

It really should be a 1993 period piece, though. Catch that rising nostalgia wave as the Stranger Things one breaks and recedes.

Nah, Corinthian is in the first arc as well, this has the ceral convention and stuff.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yeah i think they said everything is from the first two volumes

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Huh. Issue 14. That’s way earlier than I remember.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I would like to thank the show for casting Lucien, Constantine, and Lucifer as women, as someone who read these comics at a young age and a lesbian this is really messing with my head but I approve of it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7JsKhI2An0

CGI got a bit of a touch up from last time.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

She looks like lady Shrek

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlOB3UALvrQ

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Okay but what does Matthew sound like?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Okay but what does Matthew sound like?

He's voiced by Patton Oswalt

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7JsKhI2An0

CGI got a bit of a touch up from last time.

That is definitely Daredevil at the end of that.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

This looks awesome.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Looking forward to seeing this in the theater and just ugly crying with everyone for the first half hour

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

I would like to thank the show for casting Lucien, Constantine, and Lucifer as women, as someone who read these comics at a young age and a lesbian this is really messing with my head but I approve of it.

Well, Constantine has only been cast as a woman so they can give Jenna Coleman a bit more screen time (and pay one less actor, natch).

On the other foot, Desire's actor is non-binary. That external shot of the Threshold is also bang on good, even if I preferred the comic depiction of her realm. They'd better have remembered to put it on the edge, though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah im really happy they went with a non binary person for Desire. The best character in the comic. Way cooler than that dork Dream.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Oh drat that looks good and tears at the heart strings already.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

VERY pleasantly surprised by this. Even without the tremendous Boseman shadow over this, it just LOOKS nice. It's refreshing to see a Marvel trailer that focuses more on pathos than explosions and quips.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Very well-done. Looks properly expensive, which is nice given how cheap a lot of the other recent Marvel stuff has looked. The aesthetics for the Atlanteans in particular and the parallels with the Wakandans is great.

I'm sure this is going to make a billion bucks but it is going to be interesting to see if the cultural impact is comparable to the first one. There's been a lot of shifts in the discourse around BP1, especially in various Black community spaces, so people are probably not going to go in as forgiving of this one even though the absence of Boseman is going to generate a lot of good will.

LOL at no mention of the Eternals in phase 5 or phase 6.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Boseman was great but it's not like he was the only bright spot in an otherwise crap film. Bassett simply never misses, Wilson Duke almost single-legedly made man thighs the sexiest body part of that year, Michael B. Jordan was obviously a huge part, you've got the Dora Milaje and Shuri and Nakia, etc.

Edit: wtf auto-correct, can you please tell me when where why and how I've ever typed "Bozeman"? I mean, other than right now, ah poo poo I've only reinforced it...

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Lobok posted:

Edit: wtf auto-correct, can you please tell me when where why and how I've ever typed "Bozeman"? I mean, other than right now, ah poo poo I've only reinforced it...

That happened to me too! I bet the phone thinks you want to talk about the bustling metropolis in Montana.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Chieves posted:

That happened to me too! I bet the phone thinks you want to talk about the bustling metropolis in Montana.

This is me all day everyday being Canadian and having every piece of software that cares about language go "where you from? Oh, Canada? Cool, I got you. Yeah, definitely. American it is, bro!"

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
To bad Letitia Wright is a dipshit Christian anti-vaxxer and transphobe who has hopefully Evangeline Lillied herself out of a job going forward

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Dillbag posted:

To bad Letitia Wright is a dipshit Christian anti-vaxxer and transphobe who has hopefully Evangeline Lillied herself out of a job going forward

Oh you mean The Wasp? Starring in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, the starting movie of Phase 5?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Chieves posted:

VERY pleasantly surprised by this. Even without the tremendous Boseman shadow over this, it just LOOKS nice. It's refreshing to see a Marvel trailer that focuses more on pathos than explosions and quips.

Same. I didn't even like the first movie, but that's a solid trailer and visually it looks good.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

thrawn527 posted:

Oh you mean The Wasp? Starring in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, the starting movie of Phase 5?

After that, I meant. Marvel seems to be washing their hands of her. She was at least smart enough not to spew the Christian Scientist antivax bs until they had started production, so like Wright they were stuck with her. Still not as painful as the Ezra Miller situation, though

My wife grew up in the same town as Lilly and a friend went on a few dates with her, post Neutrogena ad & pre-Lost. He said she was one of the dullest, least interesting people he had ever met.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Mat Cauthon posted:

LOL at no mention of the Eternals in phase 5 or phase 6.

Eternals will return...

...when male love interest dude gets a mention in Blade, or something.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Dillbag posted:

My wife grew up in the same town as Lilly and a friend went on a few dates with her, post Neutrogena ad & pre-Lost. He said she was one of the dullest, least interesting people he had ever met.

This is really cringe dude

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

JazzFlight posted:

Definitely gonna be some great fight scenes in this one, but... what was that part where they were shooting the handguns like 4 feet from each other and missing, lol.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

im gonna absolutely mark out at that scene in the theater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Mat Cauthon posted:

I'm sure this is going to make a billion bucks but it is going to be interesting to see if the cultural impact is comparable to the first one. There's been a lot of shifts in the discourse around BP1, especially in various Black community spaces, so people are probably not going to go in as forgiving of this one even though the absence of Boseman is going to generate a lot of good will.

This sounds interesting. Got any links?