Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

X-O posted:

Unlike in the comics these people age in real time. If you want to do stories with them you have to do them when you can. Well except Paul Rudd.

We're already seeing this with the Shazam sequel where the actor who plays Billy is starting to look his age. Which kind of takes the fun out of the character when it becomes a grown man turns into a different grown man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is M'Baku wearing a Black Panther suit at 1:21 or is that something else

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lots more stuff unannounced as well.

https://twitter.com/BORReport/status/1551019238457896960

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is M'Baku wearing a Black Panther suit at 1:21 or is that something else

Word is Killmonger. Don't click unless you want to read an unconfirmed leak and spoil it.

Note the black and gold.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Word is Killmonger. Don't click unless you want to read an unconfirmed leak and spoil it.

Note the black and gold.

That is definitely a woman in the suit.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Blockhouse posted:

I would not call movies not out for another three years "rushing"

To be fair, Hickman's Secret Wars was an incredibly, let's say, rich and carefully developed storyline and it took him at least 3 years to really put that together. Longer, depending on what you want to count. It's questionable that you can even do a proper adaptation of that arc in a single movie.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

X-O posted:

Oh man, what if they give like, every main character a Black Panther suit for the big climactic fight

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

iceyman posted:

Where are the X-Men?

I assume they aren't coming until after Secret Wars.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

After seeing the trailer, I'm pretty much convinced that there are real actual spoilers out for what happens in Wakanda Forever if you all want to see for yourself what happens.

And Secret Wars isn't gonna be like Hickman's, it's just taking one of the most well-known Marvel series names and adding it to the film.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

After seeing the trailer, I'm pretty much convinced that there are real actual spoilers out for what happens in Wakanda Forever if you all want to see for yourself what happens.

And Secret Wars isn't gonna be like Hickman's, it's just taking one of the most well-known Marvel series names and adding it to the film.

here's my take: it actually is going to be like Hickman's. They're going all in on wacky multi-verse poo poo for the next 3 years then wrapping it up with Secret Wars as an opportunity to wipe the slate clean then going from there. Strange 2 introduced the Multi-Verse AND Incursions. poo poo's going to get real loving weird real loving quick.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

X-O posted:

That would make the most sense.

Maybe I have butt gender blindness. I can see it being a woman, but I don't know if it is definitely a woman.

It's also Killmonger's suit, but I guess they never specify if the suits are gender neutral.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Arist posted:

Oh man, what if they give like, every main character a Black Panther suit for the big climactic fight
So Iron Man 3 again

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Maybe I have butt gender blindness. I can see it being a woman, but I don't know if it is definitely a woman.

It's also Killmonger's suit, but I guess they never specify if the suits are gender neutral.

It's a nice butt regardless.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I had wanted it to be Shuri before the actress turned out to be a crazy anti-vaxxer

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Look at how small the forearms are. There's no male in the cast with skinny forearms like that. I suppose it could be a teenage male. Also that's not Killmonger's suit. The designs are way different. Only similarity is that it has gold accents.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

here's my take: it actually is going to be like Hickman's. They're going all in on wacky multi-verse poo poo for the next 3 years then wrapping it up with Secret Wars as an opportunity to wipe the slate clean then going from there. Strange 2 introduced the Multi-Verse AND Incursions. poo poo's going to get real loving weird real loving quick.

They've already name dropped incursions and with the multiverse theme it's pretty clear that the broad strokes are going to be Hickman's Secret Wars rather than the original one. It's just so dense and includes so much other stuff that was previously set up over the years that they're obviously going to have to do some major paring down. For a while I even assumed that they might barely involve Doom and the FF, but maybe they'll do enough setup by then to keep those parts.

Assuming that Kang is still around after his Avengers movie (and does Kang ever really go away?) they'll probably give him something big to do for it too, whereas he is nowhere to be found in the Hickman run. Similarly, on the flip side, I seriously doubt we'll see Molecule Man.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

It seems like Killmonger will be back in some form based on the leak and Angela Basset saying everyone would be back from last year:

quote:

A new report suggests Michael B. Jordan will return as Killmonger in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever with a new and more cooperative role. Although the report has yet to be confirmed by other outlets, it falls in line with other reports and rumors suggesting Michael B. Jordan will return to play Killmonger once again. In 2019, Angela Bassett spoke about Wakanda Forever at the Screen Actors Guild Awards and revealed that everyone would be back, with her husband Courtney B. Vance calling out Jordan. Bassett also noted that no one actually saw Killmonger go into the ocean.

Although, the Basset comment was before Boseman died, so who knows.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It seems like Killmonger will be back in some form based on the leak and Angela Basset saying everyone would be back from last year:

Rumor is He appears to Shuri when she enters the Ancestral Plane

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Also, I 100% forgot until I read this post

The other characters that are in the MCU (or likely will be by the time Thunderbolts comes out) that were in the comics version are:

- Batroc the Leaper

that they unceremoniously murdered him at the end of TFAWS. Maybe that actor wanted out or something but he's such a perfect recurring low-level villian they could have kept indefinitely.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

X-O posted:

Unlike in the comics these people age in real time. If you want to do stories with them you have to do them when you can. Well except Paul Rudd.

so no drafts right? just haphazard writing for what is surely going to have a budget the size of a small nation's GDP.

2028 at the most. period. that is if you want something other than poo poo that people will look back fondly at to buy on streaming

but chapeks a loving moron anyway so:cripes:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 24, 2022

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Arist posted:

And then film it in the dark without nearly enough animation budget/time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

so no drafts right? just haphazard writing for what is surely going to have a budget the size of a small nation's GDP.

2028 at the most. period. that is if you want something other than poo poo people will look back fondly at to buy on streaming

Are you ok?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

2028 at the most. period. that is if you want something other than poo poo people will look back fondly at to buy on streaming

Except for Wakanda Forever (for obvious reasons), most of these movies and shows started script drafts and pre-production 3-5 years before they come out.

They've been worked on for a long time before they are publicly announced. According to Feige, the first planning session for Infinity War happened 9 years before the release date.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

X-O posted:

Are you ok?

please do not call me crazy for wanting a quality story

Except for Wakanda Forever (for obvious reasons), most of these movies and shows started script drafts and pre-production 3-5 years before they come out.

They've been worked on for a long time before they are publicly announced. According to Feige, the first planning session for Infinity War happened 9 years before the release date.

i just hope they learned their lessons from the Eternals

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

please do not call me crazy for wanting a quality story

It’s not the only reason.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

It’s not the only reason.

the bob chapek part?..

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Don't Feige and co. write what is essentially the first draft?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

From my understanding, Feige just sort of lays out what he wants to happen and which characters can or can't be used and where they would go next. Then they get some script writers who do the work, and then the director comes in and can make changes here and there so long as it doesn't disrupt the bigger plan. I think there are exceptions to this like Coogler, Waititi, and Gunn who have a lot more creative control. But ultimately if say, Waititi wanted to kill off Thor, Feige would have to approve it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
You think it should take them six years to come up with the script for a Marvel movie?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

From my understanding, Feige just sort of lays out what he wants to happen and which characters can or can't be used and where they would go next. Then they get some script writers who do the work, and then the director comes in and can make changes here and there so long as it doesn't disrupt the bigger plan. I think there are exceptions to this like Coogler, Waititi, and Gunn who have a lot more creative control. But ultimately if say, Waititi wanted to kill off Thor, Feige would have to approve it.
Right I would think it's more of an outline than an actual script draft

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

JT Smiley posted:

You think it should take them six years to come up with the script for a Marvel movie?

According to interviews, the script itself usually takes about a year.

Codependant poster basically explained it, but the way Feige laid it out in an interview was:

- Feige and co. plan out the broad strokes of the movie 3-5 years in advance.

The example Feige gave was that for Guardians of the Galaxy he told them it had to include the Power Stone, no main Guardians could fully die, and Thanos had to be involved in some way to tie him to Gamora. Everything else was up to the script writers and Gunn.

- The script writers write a script on their own based on those broad outlines.

- The director comes in and can make changes to the script, but can't add, kill, or use certain characters/comics plot lines unless approved by Feige.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just realized we also got no timetable for the second season of Moon Knight.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Arist posted:

I just realized we also got no timetable for the second season of Moon Knight.
I don't think it was ever confirmed that was even happening?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don't think it was ever confirmed that was even happening?

I could have sworn they did at the end, though I probably just misread the ending. It would be hella weird though to not resolve that ending with a second season instead of sticking it in someone else's movie.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Yeah, there hasn't been an official confirmation of Moon Knight season 2 in any way except for the hook at the after credits scene.

The only other tiny hint of a second season is that they had originally called it a "limited series" and had referred to the 6th episode as the "series finale," but they changed it to "season finale" shortly after it aired. Not sure how much you can read into that, though.

Marvel also said that there are currently no plans for a second season, but also said this when asked why they kept the ending open-ended if there are no plans for a second season:

quote:

"There are new challenges and new rewards that come with making longer-form stories. We're keeping the endings more open now, I think. We don't have to tie up every loose end. And when you create characters as strong as Moon Knight and Scarlet Scarab, we can confidently go into the future knowing that there's more stories left to tell and new characters that we can bring in to tell them."

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
There are eight empty spaces in phase 6. Moon Knight S2 or Midnight Sons could go in one.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

There were rumors that Moon Knight is gonna be in the next Captain America movie.

I think that they're waiting for D23 to announce more seasons of Moon Knight, Hawkeye, and Ms. Marvel.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Didn't even notice that, but yeah. Wing feet takes it from 99% Namor to 100% Namor.

so it just shows a flashback to one of comics greatest assholes? got it. the guy they got to play him is just meanmugging in every frame in the trailer so i love it already :allears:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Phase 4/Phase 5 restructuring seems basically intended to lay this stuff out in a more orderly seasons nature so like I assume the stuff we don't see is just being held back for production or "it follows up on stuff from something else" reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There were rumors that Moon Knight is gonna be in the next Captain America movie.

I think that they're waiting for D23 to announce more seasons of Moon Knight, Hawkeye, and Ms. Marvel.
This is very possible, but I think a lot of the future of Moon Knight is going to depend on Oscar Isaac's scheduling more than anything else