Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I got the tude now posted:

watched the lotr movies with a horse girl who would point out every time they switched out one of the main cast's horses.

"how can you tell?"

"he's way more handsome"

lmao horse girls ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

watched the lotr movies with a horse girl who would point out every time they switched out one of the main cast's horses.

"how can you tell?"

"he's way more handsome"

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
when the horse girl w/ wide hips tells you she's in nursing school on the first date

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

when the horse girl w/ wide hips tells you she's in nursing school on the first date

Lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

THis.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

"how can you tell?"

"he's way more handsome"

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

prescribed what?!?

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

me and this guy scoping out fat-rear end dark haired women w/ paw print and harry potter quote tattoos

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Synthy watching Gollum frame Sam for being a fatso like Gomer Pyle just rocking back and forth “I’d love to see him try that poo poo with me”

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

My friend is really into Dr Who and tried to make me watch The Best Episodes once, and one of them was just about a six year old child in a gas mask who wanders up to the all powerful time travelling wizard main character and goes "awlrite guvnor, give us tuppence for a jellied eel or oi'll make yer mum fall down the ol apples 'n' pears" and they genuinely found this the scariest thing they've ever seen. I guess knowing that a small child was on the BBC set is a scary thought

lmfao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
watching in the mouth of madness. a 90s movie you'd swear was a 90s fmv game :cheers:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

watching in the mouth of madness. a 90s movie you'd swear was a 90s fmv game :cheers:

that movie kicks so much rear end, my favorite minor john carpenter flick

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I just watched that last night, can't remember where I saw goons mentioning it but yeah it was fun.

Sam Neill is really great as a smug rear end in a top hat who you still can't help but root for. He's also in a kind of similar but drastically more insane and hosed up 80s movie called Possession, it's uh... ya idk how to describe it really but it is absolute madness

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I still haven’t seen In the Mouth of Madness and I should really fix that since John Carpenter and Sam Neill ftw

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
watched the northman on the new OLED. absolutely sick experience

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Glad you were able to A/V jack a northman

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I still haven’t seen In the Mouth of Madness and I should really fix that since John Carpenter and Sam Neill ftw

I order you to watch it now.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

i'll watch prince of darkness if you watch mouth of madness

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Fungah! posted:

wtf watch prince of darkness regardless

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

PLEASE GOD

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ol yeller posted:

wtf watch prince of darkness regardless

ok

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

The Northman is so good. Nicole Kidman double amplifies the target basket of emotions in all the scenes she’s in. I’m sure there’s a better way to articulate that for non-drunk and/or film folks but you know what I mean. Wish Ralph Ineson had a bigger part

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It may not objectively be the best Carpenter film but it’s definitely my favorite

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I really like prince of darkness because those taped VHS segments are like burned into my mind and are genuinely creepy, as is the entire premise. NOt his best movie, but I love it.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

That Little Demon posted:

I really like prince of darkness because those taped VHS segments are like burned into my mind and are genuinely creepy, as is the entire premise. NOt his best movie, but I love it.

it's up there. Might be my favorite of his. But it's hard

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

ol yeller posted:

it's up there. Might be my favorite of his. But it's hard

its like, the thing is of course sooo loving good lol but prince of darkness just creeps me the gently caress out. when we all watched it a few years ago it still had that same feeling for me. its disturbing

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

That Little Demon posted:

Those were a highlight for me too. Very sincerely nightmarish.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Polejack northmen

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Did a Lost Highway/Mulholland Drive double feature the other day and still reflecting on them both...

The 4k restoration of lost highway was great and David lynch did a special weather report video introducing the movie

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

wow Araki really got sick of Polnareff at some point before/during Golden Wind huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012