Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

That would make the most sense.

Maybe I have butt gender blindness. I can see it being a woman, but I don't know if it is definitely a woman.

It's also Killmonger's suit, but I guess they never specify if the suits are gender neutral.

Whoever it is, that's Wakanda's rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

STAC Goat posted:

The Phase 4/Phase 5 restructuring seems basically intended to lay this stuff out in a more orderly seasons nature so like I assume the stuff we don't see is just being held back for production or "it follows up on stuff from something else" reasons.

Yeah, they said Phase 1, 2, and 3 were the "Infinity Saga" and they just announced that 4, 5, and 6 are officialy the "Multiverse Saga."

So, Phase 4 is basically the same as Phase 1 in terms of introducing new people and establishing the vaguest concept of the multiverse/Kang just like Phase 1 was introducing the team and establishing the vaguest concept of the Infinity Stones/Thanos.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

You think it should take them six years to come up with the script for a Marvel movie?

yes

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Okay, well. That's not how it's ever worked.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Okay, well. That's not how it's ever worked.

you are right. i just do not envy the Screenwriters taking up this task:smith:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

here's my take: it actually is going to be like Hickman's. They're going all in on wacky multi-verse poo poo for the next 3 years then wrapping it up with Secret Wars as an opportunity to wipe the slate clean then going from there. Strange 2 introduced the Multi-Verse AND Incursions. poo poo's going to get real loving weird real loving quick.

so you think Secret Wars will be the end of the whole Multi-Verse concept as a whole for the franchise? Seems too convenient especially with Time Travel. I honestly wouldn't mind at all if the rest of the franchise was just historically accurate Period Pieces set in various alternate universes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

so you think Secret Wars will be the end of the whole Multi-Verse concept as a whole for the franchise? Seems too convenient especially with Time Travel. I honestly wouldn't mind at all if the rest of the franchise was just historically accurate Period Pieces set in various alternate universes

I could see that being the plan. Having the multiverse dangling around can make stories a bit more difficult, and this gives them plenty of time to explore the concept before putting it back in the bottle

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The other characters that are in the MCU (or likely will be by the time Thunderbolts comes out) that were in the comics version are:

- Batroc the Leaper
- Scorpion
- Venom (Mac Gargan version)
- Bullseye
- Swordsman (Seems unlikely that his MCU version will be, though)
- Deadpool
- Winter Soldier (MCU version seems unlikely to be in there)
- America Chavez (MCU version seems unlikely)

I could see Hammer showing up as Mach-1. Tech guy and all.
Also I feel like we'll have Meteorite/Moonstone by the end of the Marvels. No real reason why, just seems like it would make sense.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

theironjef posted:

I could see Hammer showing up as Mach-1. Tech guy and all.
Also I feel like we'll have Meteorite/Moonstone by the end of the Marvels. No real reason why, just seems like it would make sense.

If they wanted to go that route I guess Kamran would technically fit that role

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Having the multiverse dangling around can make stories a bit more difficult

wait wouldn't it be the opposite though? having a whole host of alternate realities (many of whom potentially profitable just off of Millennial nostalgia alone), each with their own lore and cast of characters seems like an endless supply of source material in the right hands

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Does GotG factor into the multiverse stuff and incursion? Because if High Evolutionary and Adam Warlock are in it, Counter-Earth or something like it would be a natural fit.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

wait wouldn't it be the opposite though? having a whole host of alternate realities (many of whom potentially profitable just off of Millennial nostalgia alone), each with their own lore and cast of characters seems like an endless supply of source material in the right hands

So I can imagine they don't want to go too far into the weeds given how poorly Lightyear did based on what I assume was the general public's inability to conect the Buzz Toy to the "Real" movie it was merchandise for. Like it's fine to talk about it in a movie or even explore the concept in an episodic streaming cartoon but the minute they base an MCU movie in a separate universe from the established 20+ film continuity (that is pretty tenuous as it is) the average movie goer is going to get confused and check out. People had enough problems with Venom and it didn't even have different versions of existing characters in it.

I think that's why we assume they're gonna wrap it up in a little bow and move on, otherwise we're back to the old days of keeping multiple lines straight (Sony/Fox/etc) and then what's the point of MCU 61whatever

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

live with fruit posted:

There are eight empty spaces in phase 6. Moon Knight S2 or Midnight Sons could go in one.

Well, at least one of them is Deadpool and at least one of them is some Xmen/mutant thing

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Maybe another Thor?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

ashpanash posted:

Well, at least one of them is Deadpool and at least one of them is some Xmen/mutant thing

A Shang-Chi thing, either the sequel or the spinoff show.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Oh yeah they did say we're getting another Shang-Chi and that Ten Rings spinoff

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Also room there for an Eternals 2 and maybe a Strange 3. They'll want to follow up on those casting announcement post-credit stings.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

theironjef posted:

Also room there for an Eternals 2 and maybe a Strange 3. They'll want to follow up on those casting announcement post-credit stings.

Multiverse of Madness just came out. There were 6 years between Doctor Strange 1 and 2. Seem unlikely that they would drop a third one in two years after Multiverse.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
There is one mystery slot in Phase 5, February 2024 and probably only two slots for movies in Phase 6 as I don't think Marvel will go past 4 movies per year.

My guess is the Feb 2024 release is Deadpool 3, and that would make sense why it's not on the larger Phase 5 timeline.

Then there's a space for a movie in Feb '25 and in July '25. The only other title I've heard reported on that doesn't have a release date is The Mutants. But Shang-Chi and/or Eternals sequels make sense in either of those spots as well. I think Shang-Chi makes more sense - with his connection to another dimension, and The Eternals would fit better in a Saga centered more around the Celestials as the over-arching antagonists with more F4 and Galactus perhaps.

Plus there could possibly be another Spider-Man movie anywhere in '24 or '25 as that would technically be a Sony release.

AngryBooch fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 24, 2022

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

AngryBooch posted:

There is one mystery slot in Phase 5, February 2024 and probably only two slots for movies in Phase 6 as I don't think Marvel will go past 4 movies per year.

My guess is the Feb 2024 release is Deadpool 3, and that would make sense why it's not on the larger Phase 5 timeline.

Then there's a space for a movie in Feb '25 and in July '25. The only other title I've heard reported on that doesn't have a release date is The Mutants. But Shang-Chi and/or Eternals sequels make sense in either of those spots as well. I think Shang-Chi makes more sense - with his connection to another dimension, and The Eternals would fit better in a Saga centered more around the Celestials as the over-arching antagonists with more F4 and Galactus perhaps.

So what you're saying is, what makes sense most is Shang-Chi sequel w/ The Eternals, where Shang-Chi teams up with Jolie & Starfox in space and he ends up having to fight a celestial mano a mano even after having lost his rings, relying on pure martial arts mastery?

yes i just want to see Simu Liu punch a celestial in the face, is that too much to ask

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Wiki has eight projects listed with writers but no release date: Deadpool, Shang-Chi 2, Marvel Zombies, Spider-Man: Freshman and Sophomore Year, Armor Wars, Nova and Wonder Man.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

XboxPants posted:

So what you're saying is, what makes sense most is Shang-Chi sequel w/ The Eternals, where Shang-Chi teams up with Jolie & Starfox in space and he ends up having to fight a celestial mano a mano even after having lost his rings, relying on pure martial arts mastery?

yes i just want to see Simu Liu punch a celestial in the face, is that too much to ask

This is a very reasonable request imo

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

XboxPants posted:

how's he supposed to jump that high with pure martial arts mastery

unless you mean pure martial arts mastery in the fist of the north star sense

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Sgt. Politeness posted:

So I can imagine they don't want to go too far into the weeds given how poorly Lightyear did based on what I assume was the general public's inability to conect the Buzz Toy to the "Real" movie it was merchandise for. Like it's fine to talk about it in a movie or even explore the concept in an episodic streaming cartoon but the minute they base an MCU movie in a separate universe from the established 20+ film continuity (that is pretty tenuous as it is) the average movie goer is going to get confused and check out. People had enough problems with Venom and it didn't even have different versions of existing characters in it.

I think that's why we assume they're gonna wrap it up in a little bow and move on, otherwise we're back to the old days of keeping multiple lines straight (Sony/Fox/etc) and then what's the point of MCU 61whatever

theres literally an entire character established whos main thing is multi-verse hopping tho? i dont think assuming a Secret Wars movie would instantly spell the end for the MCU Multi-verse as a whole, and nor should it. im thinking a Back To The Future p3 type deal where the CONCEPT still remains but accessibility is drastically kept to a bare minimum

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, America being able to do her punch through reality thing means that the mainline MCU has an easy way to visit other realities if they want.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Introduce him, Xavier, and the rest of the gang with Krakoa.

Surprise, mutants are real and immortal, deal with it.

Stinger for Wakanda Forever: we cut to the ocean, still rippling from whatever dumb ocean poo poo Namor was doing at the end of the movie. Then suddenly, Krakoa pops out of the ocean like a balloon held underwater. Crash zoom into cyclops, wearing his Giant Size-era costume while sitting on the beach, who slaps his cheeks like Macauley Culkin in Home Alone. Cut to black and then "CYCLOPS AND HIS FRIENDS WILL RETURN" and then here comes the ushers

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Stinger for Wakanda Forever: we cut to the ocean, still rippling from whatever dumb ocean poo poo Namor was doing at the end of the movie. Then suddenly, Krakoa pops out of the ocean like a balloon held underwater. Crash zoom into cyclops, wearing his Giant Size-era costume while sitting on the beach, who slaps his cheeks like Macauley Culkin in Home Alone. Cut to black and then "CYCLOPS AND HIS FRIENDS WILL RETURN" and then here comes the ushers

cue to me sitting in a theater seat drooling like a moron, feeling bad for all those Below-The-Line workers whos efforts go largely ignored:smith:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

No, it should be Octopusheim with Magneto living on it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Calling it now that Namor will continue the trend of the villain being right so they make him do something that is "over the top" so actually he is wrong.

I mean given how bad the oceans are polluted Namor is right to attack literally the whole of humanity

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The official synopsis mentions "intervening world powers."

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Cassie had that look in the MC2 universe before Kate was even created. :colbert:

live with fruit posted:

The official synopsis mentions "intervening world powers."
We even saw what clearly appeared to be US soldiers boarding a Wakanda ship and holding the crew at gunpoint.

I'm still kind of hoping we somehow get Queen Divine Justice from Priest's run as the next BP/Queen of Wakanda. But I guess they're not doing that.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Calling it now that Namor will continue the trend of the villain being right so they make him do something that is "over the top" so actually he is wrong.

"Over the top" is basically what Namor is all about.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

He’s gonna arm wrestle Stallone? Sold.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Sgt. Politeness posted:

WB is attempting it now with multiple Batman and jokers running around

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Credits scene: a spaceship lands on Earth. The doors open, ramp extends, and who should disembark but... the X-Men!

"Wow gang, that sure was a classic X-Men space adventure!"
"Yeah, but It's nice to be back home in a place where there are no superpowered shenanigans and we can go back into hiding."
"It's just too bad that due to the relativistic effects of near-light speed travel we haven't aged much but missed everything that's happened since we left in 2007!"

Lobok fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jul 24, 2022

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Alhazred posted:

"Over the top" is basically what Namor is all about.

I for one will be a shocked if they make the villain do something villainous.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
namor has never done something over the top like flood new york city because humans have totally polluted the oceans, nope

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Namor, an empath, would never subject others to such cruel and dehumanizing treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Y'all I am not emotional prepared for the amount of tears I'm gonna shed during Wakanda Forever. I still get misty eyed during the whats up danger scene in Spider-verse so I know I'm gonna be a mess.