Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
yeah but double srp is on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

Regardless of whether you agree with me or not, remaining in GSF past this point is a conscious decision. At minimum, it's a demonstration of apathy or willingness to mentally "find the block button" for everything that has come forward. At worst, it's a statement of approval or solidarity with pedophilia or unrestrained religious extremism.

There are victims of that poo poo that just want to play this stupid game and understand that you can't have them all be mentally sane.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I've spent the night having covid fever dreams and my patience is at zero with lickspittle gently caress you got mine, gaslighting twats. get to gently caress you absolute horrors. You have your own forum to post on, piss off there, you are not welcome here.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

corgski posted:

Don't come to Goosefleet, it's so insufferably corporate they had a project manager write their guide on how to run a fleet op.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/999022581501927464/1000638667737542696/So_you_want_to_run_a_fleet_op.pdf

honk

lol

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Hi, 2012-era diplomat here! I've actually been thinking a lot about this...

It strikes me that, while it has been touched on, no one has explicitly said that GSF and the CFC were wholly the brainchildren of Vile Rat. I joined CD just after he was killed, and his loss loomed large over the organization and the people within it. To say he was an amazing person is an absolute understatement: even having never personally met him or even played with him in game, he definitely altered the trajectory of my life for the better. His loss ultimately ruined the entire organization.

Others may have more perspective, but to me it seemed obvious that the Big Goal for GSF was to allow The Frarority of the TenBux to be able to do whatever they wanted within the game of EVE. Whether that be carebear pve, scamming, moon goo, production chains, blops fleets, maintaining a wiki, coding the backend of a website, or making a bunch of spreadsheets: allowing ~goons~ free range to choose their play style and niche was always at the top of the org’s goals and mindset. Content Creation in the form of wars and fleet actions was always a close second. But more than anything: True Goons (as verified by forums activity) should be able to play the game however they wanted without hinderance or obligation.

In order to facilitate this, huge operations and organizational structures were formed to create and maintain knowledge bases, income streams, and the ever popular Luxury Gay Space Communism that many reflexively want to protect. It’s not too confusing why some people so badly want to defend the organization in spite of the leadership. It is really loving gross and they should just leave, but it's not confusing.

But all of that is gone now: truly, there are no goons.

There were reasons that goons always held a special place in the order of things and did not have to contribute like people outside the embrace of Lowtax Jeffery, and those reasons were easily justified by VR and CD:
1) Anyone with any kind of Goonfleet/platoon/waffe in their corp history was instantly radioactive to other outfits. Not sure what it is like these days, but having anything SA-related in your corp history was an instant red flag and meant you could not get recruited by any nullsec entity other than GSF…unless you were a huge personality that had very publicly gone gently caress Goons.
2) In addition, GSF was so large that even small participation numbers would fill a fleet. Despite constantly lagging in relative% numbers, GSF/CONDI were always at the top of absolute participation metrics by a large margin. Here is some random pap data from strategic ops in May 2013:

And here is a month of fleets from 2014:

As you can see, despite having relative participation rates lower than SMA (:lol:), GSF still put more bodies in fleets than most of the other alliances put together. And more than half of those bodies came from just Waffe.

Back when this held true from 2008-2014ish, GSF was ~9-10k members of the 30k strong coalition. Waffe itself was about half of that, having around 4k members in 2012, despite regular activity purges. That’s why GSF, and Waffe in particular, were always at the top of absolute participation numbers despite generally low relative pap: even small percentages could turn into dozens or hundreds of bodies in fleets. Waffe, as a corp, was so large that it would often outperform entire alliances in absolute metrics.

Now let’s do what I once did to kill AIF and just check DOTLAN real quick...oh…Waffe is down to 1600 members. They make up ~5% of the overall coalition as a raw number, where a decade ago GSF would have been around a third of the 30k member coalition. Subtract the multi boxers and Waffe probably has less than 600 actual human players.

Now let's check the reddit wing...oh my! Karmafleet has ~7k members! At least 7-10x the number of :airquote: goons :airquote:. I guess they should change to PedoSwarm Federation?
:reddit:

Truly, the bees are all just pubbies now.
:nallears:

molle was just way ahead of his time
:smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

There were reasons that goons always held a special place in the order of things and did not have to contribute like people outside the embrace of Lowtax Jeffery, and those reasons were easily justified by VR and CD:
1) Anyone with any kind of Goonfleet/platoon/waffe in their corp history was instantly radioactive to other outfits. Not sure what it is like these days, but having anything SA-related in your corp history was an instant red flag and meant you could not get recruited by any nullsec entity other than GSF…unless you were a huge personality that had very publicly gone gently caress Goons.

thats not necessarily true

i would know

spacestronaut
Dec 7, 2010

TerranRaida posted:

Man, I've been out of the EVE loop since 2016. Looks like I came back in what can only be described as a deluge of weaponized bullshit.

:allears: tell me more

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

learnincurve posted:

I've spent the night having covid fever dreams and my patience is at zero with lickspittle gently caress you got mine, gaslighting twats. get to gently caress you absolute horrors. You have your own forum to post on, piss off there, you are not welcome here.

Well that's certainly a post.

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

hey, which assholes who wanna carry water for the current and active cover-up leadership of groomswarm need to be told to get the gently caress out?

because get the gently caress out

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

DARPA posted:

Holy poo poo dude Mittani is out. Take the W and chill. I'm not in GSF, and won't be reading your entire dissertation, but looks like GSF set up something up to handle complaints. Hopefully it works, but maybe it doesn't. Not surprised the bans are staying though. Lot of banned people making demands that gsf act just so to stop being called groomers.

lol imagine thinking anything is changing

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Please keep posting all of TheAdj's 'we are doing something' posts, especially the ones where the 'doing something' is trying very hard to pin the problem on the association with SA and not years of his own personal endorsement of a pedo enabler.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

hey, which assholes who wanna carry water for the current and active cover-up leadership of groomswarm need to be told to get the gently caress out?

because get the gently caress out

andromache for one

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

andromache's posts are good and high quality.

I shall enjoy reading more of them.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

homercles posted:

andromache's posts are good and high quality.

I shall enjoy reading more of them.

lol

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

gently caress off :)

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

homercles posted:

gently caress off :)

nah gently caress you lol

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

There's one person in the Imperium I've seen be vocal about the ousting of pedophiles and pedophile supporters being good and that's Atrum. The rest of the posters in here that are pro-Imperium have just been various shades of apologist from "I pretend not to see the problem people that are still in my corp/alliance" to "This was all a witchhunt, fake news".

And it's whatever, keep posting ITT all you like but stop acting hurt that the thread is warning people not to join the alliance that has major internal issues of racism, harassment, homophobia, transphobia and more. Trying to hoist yourselves up on a cross saying "well if you're saying that Groomswarm let all these things happen then you're saying that I'M all those things too because I stayed!" is pathetic.People aren't saying you are those things, but they are saying that if you're in groomswarm and actively defending the current state of affairs then you're at best some combination of lazy, stupid or malicious. Which is fair enough imo.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

NtotheTC posted:

There's one person in the Imperium I've seen be vocal about the ousting of pedophiles and pedophile supporters being good and that's Atrum. The rest of the posters in here that are pro-Imperium have just been various shades of apologist from "I pretend not to see the problem people that are still in my corp/alliance" to "This was all a witchhunt, fake news".

And it's whatever, keep posting ITT all you like but stop acting hurt that the thread is warning people not to join the alliance that has major internal issues of racism, harassment, homophobia, transphobia and more. Trying to hoist yourselves up on a cross saying "well if you're saying that Groomswarm let all these things happen then you're saying that I'M all those things too because I stayed!" is pathetic.People aren't saying you are those things, but they are saying that if you're in groomswarm and actively defending the current state of affairs then you're at best some combination of lazy, stupid or malicious. Which is fair enough imo.

Actually if you are pro imperium and aren’t sharing tea with the rest of us, please don’t post ITT, TIA. Also Atrum still a punk for staying with them under the guise of “fixing the ship.” Ain’t no fixing it. He should know better instead of still providing a service for them. He’s wasting his time at best and enabling part of their org at worst. Either way gently caress him.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

That clearly explains why I've been able to join nearly every major alliance in this game though, right?

Nobody gives a poo poo about SA affiliation. Having PL in my Corp History was another matter entirely. Goons have always pretended to be the big bad boogeyman, but they've never been that- no matter how many deluded fantasies CD and the people who still style themselves as the 'Direkkktorate' in TYOOL 2022 want to believe otherwise. It's all projection, and it's hilariously wrong.

There's like two notable people in EVE that give a poo poo about Goons (outside of Goons). Neither of them are currently playing.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jul 24, 2022

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Xolve posted:

That clearly explains why I've been able to join nearly every major alliance in this game though, right?

Nobody gives a poo poo about SA affiliation. Having PL in my Corp History was another matter entirely. Goons have always pretended to be the big bad boogeyman, but they've never been that- no matter how many deluded fantasies CD and the people who still style themselves as the 'Direkkktorate' in TYOOL 2022 want to believe otherwise.

i wonder how much of that is the product of change in almost a decade, though. TFS started things off by saying it was a 2012 perspective!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Xolve posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo about SA affiliation. Having PL in my Corp History was another matter entirely. Goons have always pretended to be the big bad boogeyman, but they've never been that- no matter how many deluded fantasies CD and the people who still style themselves as the 'Direkkktorate' in TYOOL 2022 want to believe otherwise. It's all projection, and it's hilariously wrong.

There's like two notable people in EVE that give a poo poo about Goons (outside of Goons). Neither of them are currently playing.

Gen Eve!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was doxxed and kicked from gsf in the middle of fountain war and joined waffles within like two days. nobody gives a gently caress is you're an sa poster or had goons in your corp history in eve and if they do they're very much in the minority.

jeffraider joined in like 2004 which is before like any of y'all did, so did shamis iirc.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I had problems with people assuming I was a goon alt, but thankfully "I tried it but the Mittani was a terrible [C word]" sufficed as an explanation.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Gen Eve was formerly 'Gen Mladic', named after real life Ratko Mladić, found guilty of committing war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY). Of course CCP picked up on this and the character was swiftly renamed into Gen Eve afterwards.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

almighty posted:

Gen Eve was formerly 'Gen Mladic', named after real life Ratko Mladić, found guilty of committing war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY). Of course CCP picked up on this and the character was swiftly renamed into Gen Eve afterwards.

And thus arose Gen Steve

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Mekchu posted:

i was doxxed and kicked from gsf in the middle of fountain war and joined waffles within like two days. nobody gives a gently caress is you're an sa poster or had goons in your corp history in eve and if they do they're very much in the minority.

jeffraider joined in like 2004 which is before like any of y'all did, so did shamis iirc.

come to think of it, "goons believed their own propaganda" is also a reasonable conclusion from that post

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

NtotheTC posted:

:emptyquote:

E: this should be in the OP

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Dozer can you shut the gently caress up already?? It's so goofy that you are still the same dumb attention whore that you've been for nearly ten years now and here you are in here trying to gate keep the thread like you actually give a gently caress about what goons/people went through. If you've finally found a group to play with and that'll listen to your dumbass that's great, just shut the hell up already good lord.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Foehammer007 posted:

Dozer can you shut the gently caress up already?? It's so goofy that you are still the same dumb attention whore that you've been for nearly ten years now and here you are in here trying to gate keep the thread like you actually give a gently caress about what goons/people went through. If you've finally found a group to play with and that'll listen to your dumbass that's great, just shut the hell up already good lord.

lol no

e: lol you kicked me from ISRAD discord like the gump motherfucker you are. Coward!

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 24, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Foehammer007 posted:

Yeh he did, the official SA eve corp.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

learnincurve posted:

When did Jeffrey make it "the official SA eve corp"?

Ed: I thought Lowtax (spit) made it clear he wanted nothing to do with Goonswarm - it was never 'the official SA eve corp' and neither is what you're spinning up unless Jeff says otherwise.

Are you *only* accepting members with active SA accounts?

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 24, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Rust Martialis posted:

go back to reddit.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

:reddit:

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

learnincurve posted:

go back to reddit.

wrong target fam, rust is ok

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

learnincurve posted:

He sent me confirmation via Docusign.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

TheWeedNumber posted:

wrong target fam, rust is ok

I mean IIRC Lowtax made it clear he officially wanted nothing to do with Goonswarm, so it's weird to claim to be 'the official SA eve group' because there's never been one I know of.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rust Martialis posted:

I mean IIRC Lowtax made it clear he officially wanted nothing to do with Goonswarm, so it's weird to claim to be 'the official SA eve group' because there's never been one I know of.

I'm really upset about this too.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
the lowtax thing was about money wasn't it? T-shirts and stuff with the SA logo on it and he wasn't getting a cut?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

I'm really upset about this too.

Have a cat picture to cheer up then. This is Bambus.

She makes chirpy noises a lot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

learnincurve posted:

the lowtax thing was about money wasn't it? T-shirts and stuff with the SA logo on it and he wasn't getting a cut?

I always felt he thought GSF was run by psychos and was a massive drama magnet, but you may be right too.