Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Chartable, TopPodcast and Podbay list him third behind Foley and Nash's podcasts. Sorting by popular on PlayerFM puts him in like, eighth, and beyond that google tries to give me listicles from like five years ago

he was pretty low on Rolling Stone's list of wrestling podcasts you have to listen to in 2016 though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

I've never seen someone listen to a podcast because it's impossible, podcasts are audio.

I take the bus to work and sometimes at red lights I'll glance in someones car and see the description of what they are listening to. There is also a guy that rides on my route from time to time and he listens to Joe Rogan sans earbuds.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/ALL_ELITE_MEMES/status/1547309065990291456?t=IpQ7Ts015uGlixoA-47Pjg&s=19

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

BGrifter posted:

It warms my heart to know Danhausen has more than twice the Patreon subscribers of Cornette.

Ego getting close!

Edit: lol Russo currently has 532 and Cornette is down to 474.

I am quoting this post just to say that I like Ethan Page and think he is both personable and handsome.

Also a fine performer. I would love for him to get a championship, but he is most likely better served in the midcard.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

BrigadierSensible posted:

I am quoting this post just to say that I like Ethan Page and think he is both personable and handsome.

Also a fine performer. I would love for him to get a championship, but he is most likely better served in the midcard.

Ethan Page has logged in, and buried himself just enough to make us think this isn't his account.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Ethan Page has logged in, and buried himself just enough to make us think this isn't his account.

Can't be Page, he didn't mention toys a single time.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Germansimp posted:

Can't be Page, he didn't mention toys a single time.

Brigadier Sensible was the Canadian version of GI Joe, Page confirmed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jim cornette said he wanted them to book vignettes where the camera would be inside of kane's mask while paul bearer gave him rotten hamburgers and saying it was undertaker's fault they were rotten

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he said he wanted kane to have the mask of a handsome man's face

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

We’re being the lead here!

Cornette’s patreon is called Jim Cornette’s COWK?!?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

im sorry but orange cassidy has no business being on this list of great wrestlers, come on now

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mulaney Power Move posted:

im sorry but orange cassidy has no business being on this list of great wrestlers, come on now

Cassidy had the best match on the last PPV.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you've done this bit too many times, mulaney

its still gonna work because it always works but c'mon man

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i would put timmy lou retton above orange cassidy although i believe he goes by t.i.m. now

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

and ryan tannehill is an elite quarterback

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Cavauro posted:

jim cornette said he wanted them to book vignettes where the camera would be inside of kane's mask while paul bearer gave him rotten hamburgers and saying it was undertaker's fault they were rotten

I listened to this clip of him describing how he pitched Kane with all these horror movie influences from Halloween to The Omen and he ends it with "but Vince likes the superhero outfit poo poo" and his co-host can't deal with him.

Kane's debut and presentation was pretty perfect, they really lucked out.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

RobbZombae posted:

they really lucked out.

WWE in a nutshell, really.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Orange is over, sells merch, and has great mactches. Cope and seethe. :smug:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

RobbZombae posted:

I listened to this clip of him describing how he pitched Kane with all these horror movie influences from Halloween to The Omen and he ends it with "but Vince likes the superhero outfit poo poo" and his co-host can't deal with him.

Kane's debut and presentation was pretty perfect, they really lucked out.

They also smartly got rid of the cape

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dacap posted:

They also smartly got rid of the cape

Not smart at all the cape rules.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Saw a clip today of Cornette buying into the Aubrey conspiracies which shows just how dumb he is.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cornette being peak "boomer with too much internet but for wrestling" is not surprising in the least

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The Aubrey theories are hilarious because I’m not even sure what they would prove.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Not smart at all the cape rules.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The cape rules in and of itself but Kane being the wrestling equivalent of Michael Myers as a first impression was much cooler. He should've adopted the cape instead of that weird welding mask later in his career though.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Forgive my ignorance:

What are the Aubrey conspiracies?

That she is secretly a blood drinking satanic lizard-person from space like the Queen of England?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Forgive my ignorance:

What are the Aubrey conspiracies?

That she is secretly a blood drinking satanic lizard-person from space like the Queen of England?

That she is the one filing AEW's takedown notices against anti-AEW accounts and because of this cost one anti-AEW troll his job. Their evidence is that AEW started listing Don Stevens as their DMCA agent and they could not find a Don Stevens by seeing if Don.stevens and donald.stevens @ aew.com existed as email, and that the number listed is the Jaguars office.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

That she is the one filing AEW's takedown notices against anti-AEW accounts and because of this cost one anti-AEW troll his job. Their evidence is that AEW started listing Don Stevens as their DMCA agent and they could not find a Don Stevens by seeing if Don.stevens and donald.stevens @ aew.com existed as email, and that the number listed is the Jaguars office.

The heck sort of job would have trolling AEW as a fireable offense

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Don't forget that it is ILLEGAL for a company to have more than one person responsible for filing takedown notices and AEW's have emanated from MULTIPLE different email addresses!

The conspiracy runs deep my friends. Thank god some brave redditors have put their lives and careers at risk to shed light on it. May god have mercy on their souls, because Tony Khan's guns for hire won't.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

MancXVI posted:

The heck sort of job would have trolling AEW as a fireable offense

I'm guess they were doing that instead of doing their job?

Nothing else makes sense, unless they're completely lying. No one would lie for clout on the internet, so that can't possibly be it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I didn't know this until someone pointed out and that guy clearly didn't either, but 'Designated DMCA Agent' would be someone who receives claims given to AEW if they ever used copyrighted stuff, not someone who sends those out. So the one piece of evidence the guy had he couldn't have typed up in his Email didn't mean what he claimed.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
If you scroll back on the account, it started tweeting regularly (and almost exclusively) about DMCA/copyright strikes back in March 2021, taking a weird concern troll attitude about how GirlOnCinema and other Cornette adjacent channels started getting copyright strikes for posting full length matches with MST3K style "commentary" over them. This led to him making weird charts about how up to 27% of some episodes of Dynamite are posted on Reddit across every clip, which is a longer amount of time than some of the full length PPV matches posted with commentary by the YT channels. Surely if AEW was worried about piracy, they would issue takedowns for a six second Darby/Scorpio clip, or a 2m47 Moxley promo too!

He spent months @ing everyone imaginable, all of the AEW accounts, Meltzer, Alvarez, Jericho, Cody, Omega, TK, Adam Page, Brodie Lee (posthumously), Jim Cornette, Lance Storm, WrestleCrap, etc. with zero engagement from anyone (famous or otherwise) until seemingly giving up.

Then he came back this January and did it all over again, with zero engagement and adding in that Reddit is posting info about using VPNs to get cheaper PPVs, which trust him, is definitely a felony to post about. He expanded his @ing to all of the above plus Brandi Rhodes, Bully Ray, Nasty Alfred, Sean Ross Sapp, WWE corporate accounts, Stardom and its wrestlers, GCW, etc.
https://twitter.com/BuckStarsky22/status/1482480375184171012

https://twitter.com/BuckStarsky22/status/1482480375184171012

At the end of January he says he's been banned from Wreddit for calling out all of the pirates.

In February he starts reaching out to AEW Botches and similar accounts because he wants to help them specifically 'beat' their copyright strikes, and also starts actually posting about wrestling (Adam Cole is skinnyfat, Keith Lee and Eddie Kingston are just fat, Danhausen kills the business, CM Punk is an MMA washout that no one can take seriously in AEW, etc) and some of these get some small level of engagement including Kazarian telling him to gently caress off, plus he gets blocked by multiple wrestlers/journalists so he knows he must be doing something right!

So he doubles down on parroting Cornette style "coked out Tony Khan, unprofessional, say what you will but Brock Lesnar is a real star and people believe he's tough, Vince McMahon is a class act" stuff through the spring and gets upwards of 4-10 likes on some of those tweets! He starts talking about being a former indie wrestler and "IWC insider" but he cannot reveal his identity for fear of harassment, and that he's just being a 'heel' on Twitter, if you don't get that you don't get wrestling!

This continued with further doubling down on all of the standard "AEW wrestlers are wimps, probably gay, untrained, no one is watching/buying their shows, have I mentioned that hugging is gay, and Japanese schoolgirl wrestlers are troubling grooming objects for the REAL creeps in AEW, ignore the Vince smears" for months with minimal engagement until last week when he started up the "cybersecurity" angle, this time putting Aubrey Edwards in the crosshairs, accusing her of false identities and illegal acts, digging up photos from her personal IG/some wedding videos, and for whatever mysterious reason attaching "let's attack a woman" to his old posts got him a LOT of engagement.

As for "losing a job", I have no idea what he does for an actual paycheck but he talks explicitly about wanting to get back into wrestling/doing podcasts/'wrestling journalism' so I wouldn't be surprised if he either lost a gig (or even more likely, asked to be booked/write something and was told 'gently caress no, stop being a creep on Twitter') and chalks this up to "losing a job for my views".

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Clearly he works at Starbucks and they don't take kindly to any anti-AEW talk around here, mister

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
jim's inability to order the ROH pape almost killed him and he destroyed several thousand dollars of his own merchandise in the process

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

jim's inability to order the ROH pape almost killed him and he destroyed several thousand dollars of his own merchandise in the process

Oh no all those NFTs :(

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

Oh no all those NFTs :(

Corny got into NFTs? Lol, said the Bard. Lmao.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

Corny got into NFTs? Lol, said the Bard. Lmao.

https://wrarities.com/

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
During the post-PPV scrum for ROH, Dax said something along the lines of "If Cornette wants to poo poo on me, he's earned that right." Has Cornette turned on FTR somehow? I remember him saying some dumb poo poo about how FTR had to be totally unhappy in AEW a few months ago, but beyond that? It's going to be something stupid like them talking about mental health too much, isn't it?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I hate how, no matter what context, Context has to list all his roles he's had in the wrestling industry constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Note: past tense