Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Final possibility Ruby's brother sure does know and have a pretty good relationship with the author of the manga in question :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Shugojin posted:

Final possibility Ruby's brother sure does know and have a pretty good relationship with the author of the manga in question :v:

I thought of that possibly happening too, but I really hope Aqua doesn't feature as much. This is Ruby's first time showing initiative in pursuing the revenge train and it'd leave a bad taste in my mouth if she ends up being a damsel in distress who needs to be bailed out. :ohdear:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

amigolupus posted:

I thought of that possibly happening too, but I really hope Aqua doesn't feature as much. This is Ruby's first time showing initiative in pursuing the revenge train and it'd leave a bad taste in my mouth if she ends up being a damsel in distress who needs to be bailed out. :ohdear:

I was thinking more Dark Ruby exploits this connection she has to get what she wants which leaves it feeling more in her control

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Shugojin posted:

I was thinking more Dark Ruby exploits this connection she has to get what she wants which leaves it feeling more in her control

This. There would be a big difference between
a) Aqua saving the day on his own
b) "brother dear, some idiot hosed up the rights management for my current job, could you please give a call to your friend?"

I'm hoping for b) with a strong side of keikaku doori.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Shugojin posted:

Yeah, that works, especially with the series hammering in that you need to use your connections to make it far in the entertainment industry.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Given that she's specifically asking about it, it certainly does feel like this is all part of her plan.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 89

And everything went fine without a hitch!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yay directors doing nothing but disrespect staff and shock someone would talk about it.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

oh i'm going to hate this arc if they're trying to make that girl out to just be an attention-seeker

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Rubellavator posted:

oh i'm going to hate this arc if they're trying to make that girl out to just be an attention-seeker

Well I'm guessing director-san is going to paint her as an attention-seeker and try to shift the blame onto assistant-director for hiring her, cause poo poo rolls downhill. After that... who knows? Maybe Ruby four-dimensional chess planned all this and has some sort of video evidence of director's sexual harassment? Or maybe everyone will just get poo poo on?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

definitely not being played that way

they give the director a tiny bit of sympathy but its more just a condemnation of the jp tv industry as a whole. the only way to get attention is to brew up a storm but also the tiniest issue leads to round after round of apologies. director's a creep who pushes people's boundaries for ratings but the industry itself rewards that kind of behavior up to a point. if everything is a problem, then its hard to draw the line between a bit of color and actual harassment.

and the cosplayers were just randos press ganged into it, because at this point barely anyone'd wanna be on that kind of tv program willingly and with prior preparation.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 6, 2022

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
New chapter is out and I'm kinda worried about that proposal at the end.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
There's a difference between "airing controversial content" and "harassing and hurting people for content".

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

https://mangadex.org/chapter/b4ac672a-e4e7-42b8-a066-df8e8ae72110/2

Here the sauce. Also good on the director for showing some level of blame for being a garbage man peddling controversy to feed his family. There was no drat way he didn't know he was not nearly popular enough to somehow get away from this unscathed with his damaged reputation.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 91

Ruby has grown extremely powerful.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

yeah interested to see where the story goes with this investigation and it's neat seeing things from ruby's perspective now.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Ruby roping everything into the trash fire.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Annointed posted:

Ruby roping everything into the trash fire.

And she'll probably come out of it still smelling like roses.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im really glad they went this direction when they finally decided to give ruby a real focus arc.

'im completely, totally not at fault!'

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I can't really remember, does Ruby still know she was re-incarnated or has she forgotten about that?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I can't really remember, does Ruby still know she was re-incarnated or has she forgotten about that?

She knows. This whole thing is even getting vengeance for the murdered doctor she had a childish crush on in her first life.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 92

Turnabout is fair play.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Chapter 92

Turnabout is fair play.

This has all been Ruby's plan, from the very beginning!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

interesting that aqua cottoned on so quickly. i guess it makes sense, though, since its not like he hasnt used similar tactics. though his seem way less refined - i guess aqua's more conscious of the fact that he's trying to manipulate people, where as ruby almost does it naturally. she seems a lot better at reading people, too. aqua's plans seem to rely on everyone behaving logically.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Sep 2, 2022

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Local Mangaka has opinions on ntr doujins

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'll be honest, I didn't expect this manga to be a sequel to Death Note when it started.

E: and Ruby has way better Keikaku Doori energy than that poser Light.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Really liked this conclusion to the cosplay problem. Was a really fun surprise chapter for me.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
All according to keikaku.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 93

Ruby did nothing wrong

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Ruby is now corrupted

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Really liking Dark Ruby running with the scheming way beyond even Aqua's comfort zone, though the slump he's in may be affecting his view. Looking forward to what happens when he finally does the math on his friend's dad's death and gets back into revenge mode alongside her.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this manga is navigating the tight rope of criticizing internet callout culture really well. itd be super easy for it to let scumbags off the hook because callout posts are bad too!!! but theyre pretty ready to clarify when people are justified. 'there wasnt anything wrong with her complaint' is doing a ton of heavylifting in this chapter.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I can sympathize because I have been super tempted to leak poo poo before. Not for any kind of noble (or malicious) reason but just because gossip is fun.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its a very easy trap to fall into, especially when you do have reasonable complaints, but ruby isnt wrong that even when something bad has happened theres usually better avenues for resolving it. and even when you are left with no real recourse but public callout posts, people will latch onto it out of a desire to have a target or something to gossip about, not out of any real desire to see justice done, and often wind up targeting unrelated people or holding onto it even after the problem is resolved.

of course this all depends a lot on what 'the problem' is, but still

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Need Ruby v Aqua schemes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Endorph posted:

its a very easy trap to fall into, especially when you do have reasonable complaints, but ruby isnt wrong that even when something bad has happened theres usually better avenues for resolving it. and even when you are left with no real recourse but public callout posts, people will latch onto it out of a desire to have a target or something to gossip about, not out of any real desire to see justice done, and often wind up targeting unrelated people or holding onto it even after the problem is resolved.

of course this all depends a lot on what 'the problem' is, but still

Yeah I will admit I am not super fond of it for similar reasons.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm kinda curious why Ruby is orbiting around this sadsack AD given his sub-dogshit position in the industry. Does she intend on literally making him into her long-term project to get an inside man in the mid-tiers of production?

...Aaaaand I was right!

Curious to see how darksided Ruby ultimately ends up getting. There's a thin line between going through the motions of trying to maintain the moral high ground out of habit, and just not giving a poo poo anymore.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ruby is growing too powerful, she must be stopped.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 94

As the TL says, mangaplus will have caught up and will start simulpubbing Oshi no Ko next week, I'm not really sure what major differences in translation there will be. On the bright side, it also means we get new chapters every Wednesday without fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I don't know if this was answered earlier, but how does mangaplus work? I assume they have a monthly/yearly fee, but what else besides this comic is offered? Is it a good translation?