Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
The best part of this thread is that over half of us have not listened to a single show in over a decade, but here we are sharing clips and jokes along with celebrity death notices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

:hmmyes:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Bonzo posted:

The best part of this thread is that over half of us have not listened to a single show in over a decade, but here we are sharing clips and jokes along with celebrity death notices.

One of my favourite threads on SA, it is,

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Are Richard and Sal still part of the show? I especially wonder what’s up with Sal these day, if he’s toned down his madness at all.

Sal’s main arc on the show as I remember it was fascinating. Seeing him go from cocky, quick witted relentless ball busting stockbroker to an absolute wreck of a human as all of his insane obsessions, complete lack of education, unfiltered racism and horrible home life were unraveled on the air was one of the things that made me rediscover the show and start listening to clips since I never had satellite radio. The day they went off terrestrial radio was the last time I actually listened to a live show.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

DeadBonesBrook posted:

2006-09 shows are amazing, even if they do have waves (merger talk was death for about a year there). They got me through some dead-end jobs during University and they'll hold a special place in my heart for that.

I’ll always miss the talk about Jackie’s shanties, his terrible music, his low rent products, and his deeply untalented wife. But I think my favorite show moment is Artie losing the football pick-‘em to Daniel Carver and the sponsor having to come in and hand a Klansman a $25k check.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Szyznyk posted:

I’ll always miss the talk about Jackie’s shanties, his terrible music, his low rent products, and his deeply untalented wife. But I think my favorite show moment is Artie losing the football pick-‘em to Daniel Carver and the sponsor having to come in and hand a Klansman a $25k check.

So many people won so much money by simply betting the complete opposite of whatever Artie said.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

haljordan posted:

So many people won so much money by simply betting the complete opposite of whatever Artie said.

A loser’s loser. I don’t remember if he beat the chicken or not. Time for a relisten.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

A loser’s loser. I don’t remember if he beat the chicken or not. Time for a relisten.

He got away with it because he sounded so confident and Howard barely knows the difference between a basketball and a baseball

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Szyznyk posted:

It's hard to imagine what the show would have been if Jackie had hung on all these years and we never got Artie.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

It's hard to imagine what the show would have been if Jackie had hung on all these years and we never got Artie.

As 1/4 of the Beatles of Comedy, he would have expected $125 million on the first Sirius contract.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Ralph Hurley posted:

Are Richard and Sal still part of the show?

Officially? Yes. Actually appearing on air? Barely. The show (Howard, presumably?) has decided that on-air "talent" (:rolleyes:) like Chris Wilding and Jonathan Blitt better represent the evolved, modern show.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

How much money do you think Jackie wasted on Nancy's singing career? Gotta be a million bucks easy over all those years.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Szyznyk posted:

IIRC, it was actually 1000 cheques for 25 dollars.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Sand Monster posted:

Officially? Yes. Actually appearing on air? Barely. The show (Howard, presumably?) has decided that on-air "talent" (:rolleyes:) like Chris Wilding and Jonathan Blitt better represent the evolved, modern show.

When I’m scrolling past on Sirius in my car, and Sal or Richard are on, I’ll always stop to listen for a bit. Bits about Richard’s parenting and Sal’s “spirituality” still make me laugh.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Chicken Butt posted:

... Richard’s parenting ...

It's unfortunate that, as someone pointed out above, Howard knows nothing about sports, because Richard having named his first born child after Carson Wentz is arguably one of the most ridiculously stupid things he's ever done.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

IIRC, it was actually 1000 cheques for 25 dollars.

And Sanders the Chicken tied Artie, narrowly beating out Gary the Conquerer. Whose name change is a’ight. Better than Angry Alice or Wendy the Slow Adult.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Shoo shoo conquering flu!

My sirius subscription ended about 5 months after Eric died, and I couldn't really justify renewing it.

I still liked the show, bit withh no more Eric sagas and no Artie there wasn't alot to keep me interested.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Chicken Butt posted:

When I’m scrolling past on Sirius in my car, and Sal or Richard are on, I’ll always stop to listen for a bit. Bits about Richard’s parenting and Sal’s “spirituality” still make me laugh.

Richard is my faaavorite.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I stopped listened around 2010 I think. But those early Sirius years got me through rough times in college and I relisten all the time, especially Tradeos. Richard and Sal and their hijinks were my favorite by far, then Artie, then Bigfoot it is.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Sal had calmed down dramatically and his only parts on the show anymore were his talking about spirituality and everyone goofing on him and some stuff about his parents. That whole thing about his Dad's unknown kids and the drama around it was pretty interesting a few years back.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Richard getting waxed is a great, forgotten gem from the 1st year.

I also totally forgot about when Robin hired "Dr Ronnie" who brought her "Berry Drinks" during the show.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Robin going off the deep end in the first Sirius contract with pseudo-science and eventually getting late stage rectal cancer, that was a long joke that wasn't really funny.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 25, 2022

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

chocolate bandit mask

How can I reach you playze?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zTiMjdFFCc

Barreft fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 25, 2022

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

I cancelled my subscription I guess last summer when he took the whole summer off. I wasn't really listening to anything else on Sirius and couldn't justify paying for different packages of reruns. Haven't really missed the show much. Looking back, Artie leaving the show/ETA passing away is when it really started changing for the worse.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lifespan posted:

Robin going off the deep end in the first Sirius contract with pseudo-science and eventually getting late stage rectal cancer, that was a long joke that wasn't really funny.

I remember when the ETA death episode aired, she had missed the news, because she was on some sort of veggie retreat somewhere.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Bonzo posted:

Richard getting waxed is a great, forgotten gem from the 1st year.

I also totally forgot about when Robin hired "Dr Ronnie" who brought her "Berry Drinks" during the show.

I wonder how many con artists have made a living just grifting Robin.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Two Kings posted:

I wonder how many con artists have made a living just grifting Robin.

Imagine the boat Howard's therapist must own by now.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Hopefully that boat has never been on fyah.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Hopefully that boat has never been on fyah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u93iriRJOA

Has the parody songs as well.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY_abnqWU2c

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

haljordan posted:

Imagine the boat Howard's therapist must own by now.

Boat? He has been seeing the same guy who keeps him anonymous 3+ times a week for probably 20 years now. The guy has probably bought a place next door to him in the Hamptons by now. But honestly, I just opened up a calculator and punched in a few differently numbers and I am pretty sure he has paid the guy well over $1m by now.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lifespan posted:

Boat? He has been seeing the same guy who keeps him anonymous 3+ times a week for probably 20 years now. The guy has probably bought a place next door to him in the Hamptons by now. But honestly, I just opened up a calculator and punched in a few differently numbers and I am pretty sure he has paid the guy well over $1m by now.

That sounds extraordinary low. Therapist is a fool if he hasn't been upselling Howard on services like 24/7 availability and poo poo like that.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Robin gets a lot of justified poo poo. But is she the first woman in mainstream media and/or on radio to discuss sex openly? And other taboo poo poo. The episode where she breaks up with Jim has her speaking quite lucidly.

I've been listening to eps from the Sirius Era on YT and, besides the rampant homophobia making me crawl out of my skin, there's so much nostalgia coming back. The Artie and Jeff the Drunk collection is so good too.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Boff, Ross Zapin and I had to fork over 4 grand to see the Boff in person

https://www.nj.com/opinion/2022/07/bruce-springsteen-does-not-care-about-you-opinion.html

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Robin gets a lot of justified poo poo. But is she the first woman in mainstream media and/or on radio to discuss sex openly? And other taboo poo poo. The episode where she breaks up with Jim has her speaking quite lucidly.

You've heard of Dr Ruth? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Westheimer

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Bonzo posted:

I haven't listened to the show since Artie left, but this is still one of the two bookmarked threads I frequently check out on this forum.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I remember now. I was thinking of a black woman on a show that was as hosed up as Stern openly talking about poo poo like masturbating with vegetables.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Grant DaNasty posted:

I haven't listened to the show since Artie left, but this is still one of the two bookmarked threads I frequently check out on this forum.

This is awesome, yet also fascinating. There are staff members / on-air personalities that have joined the show and left during that time frame, such as Jon Lieberman and Brent Hatley (though of course he was associated with Bubba during the time you listened).

Then there are the personifications of the current era of the show whose names are almost always referenced in some negative manner, such as Chris Wilding and Marci Turk. Are you aware of people like that just from reading about it here?

What do you know about Memet, for example?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Sand Monster posted:

This is awesome, yet also fascinating. There are staff members / on-air personalities that have joined the show and left during that time frame, such as Jon Lieberman and Brent Hatley (though of course he was associated with Bubba during the time you listened).

Then there are the personifications of the current era of the show whose names are almost always referenced in some negative manner, such as Chris Wilding and Marci Turk. Are you aware of people like that just from reading about it here?

What do you know about Memet, for example?

I know of Marci Turk from the Howard Stern threads, both here and Reddit. I don't know much about Memet besides he beat Brent Hatley in an IQ test. Wasn't he a Trump supporter or something? I don't know anything about Chris Wilding.

I haven't been a subscriber of Sirius since Artie left but I have seen some post 2010 YouTube clips since then, mostly wackpacker related stuff like Eric the Midget. I know Jon Lieberman from the Wackpacker Embedded videos, and I know Jon Lieberman was hired because he's Jewish!

edit: I've never listened to Howard's "Millie Bobby Brown's agent" but I've read people complaining about it.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

the show truly died with Eric the Actor