Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triaxius
Mar 18, 2002

Rust Martialis posted:

I always felt he thought GSF was run by psychos and was a massive drama magnet, but you may be right too.

It was about money. Pretty sure Lowtax gave no other shits.

Edit: I vaguely recall that's how we ended up with the kickstand logo, we needed to make it feature less "SA Grenade"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Rust Martialis posted:

I always felt he thought GSF was run by psychos and was a massive drama magnet, but you may be right too.

These don't seem mutually exclusive.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Rust Martialis posted:

Broken clock right twice a day etc…

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Without a space where people can have candid discussions and disagreements, its impossible to move forward. The leaks in question were weaponized as part of a failed effort to destroy the alliance, and should not be relied on as part of a checks and balances system. The leaks caused far more harm than they did good.

If people want a complaints/HR team just like real corporations to police all in game and out of game conduct, then lets adopt the whole package. That means NDA's, non-compete's and mandatory sensitivity training.

Also NDA's do not mean court battles, it can stipulate for all disputes to be settled through arbitration which is quick process. If someone feels so strongly about something they have to betray confidences, they can endure the consequences for doing so

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Dalmuti posted:

Without a space where people can have candid discussions and disagreements...

This isn't the SYQ thread in CSPAM, link please.

Edit: ok, found it, some guy 'Saladin' posted it and everyone is telling him he's an idiot.

Including our own Feliday Melody.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 24, 2022

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Ah yes, arbitration: the secret network of lawyers who have created a shadow justice system just for billionaires and gigantic, transnational corporations to hide their misdeeds and circumvent written laws.

I’m sure that will fit right in and solve the problem! :nallears:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
One or two of the bans was for posting homegrown?

*lol* was it remdick?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

triaxius posted:

It was about money. Pretty sure Lowtax gave no other shits.

Edit: I vaguely recall that's how we ended up with the kickstand logo, we needed to make it feature less "SA Grenade"

well intellectual (lol) property requires defending, so him not allowing the use of the grenade without a license fee (payable in cookies or mangosteen juice) was correct action on his part

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Dalmuti posted:

Without a space where people can have candid discussions and disagreements, its impossible to move forward. The leaks in question were weaponized as part of a failed effort to destroy the alliance, and should not be relied on as part of a checks and balances system. The leaks caused far more harm than they did good.

If people want a complaints/HR team just like real corporations to police all in game and out of game conduct, then lets adopt the whole package. That means NDA's, non-compete's and mandatory sensitivity training.

Also NDA's do not mean court battles, it can stipulate for all disputes to be settled through arbitration which is quick process. If someone feels so strongly about something they have to betray confidences, they can endure the consequences for doing so

the return of space court!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rust Martialis posted:

When did Jeffrey make it "the official SA eve corp"?

Ed: I thought Lowtax (spit) made it clear he wanted nothing to do with Goonswarm - it was never 'the official SA eve corp' and neither is what you're spinning up unless Jeff says otherwise.

Are you *only* accepting members with active SA accounts?

learnincurve posted:

go back to reddit.

goongrats to whoever wins this incredibly stupid slapfight over which group gets to claim are the ~~~~~true goons~~~~~ like that actually matters or is worth screaming about

nothing has or will changed regardless of whatever group is declared the official SA one

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Mekchu posted:

goongrats to whoever wins the incredibly stupid slapfight over which group gets to claim are the ~~~~~true goons~~~~~ like that actually matters or is worth screaming about

GOOSEFLEET already won what you mean fam lol

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Join Groon

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheWeedNumber posted:

GOOSEFLEET already won what you mean fam lol

then congrats on such an important victory

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Mekchu posted:

then congrats on such an important victory

oaugh

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Goonygoonygoongoon

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Frank Frank posted:

Goonygoonygoongoon

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Goosefleet is a corporation full of SA goons. We make no claim to being official because there's no such thing, there are no official offsites.

What we can say however is that by relative goon membership we're kicking GSF's rear end.

Can we stop this loving fight now please?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I was today years old when I realised why groon is the pineapple alliance

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

learnincurve posted:

I was today years old when I realised why groon is the pineapple alliance

why is that?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

https://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/Uncle_Karl%27s_Pinko_Commie_Dystopian_Nightmare

I see CSPAM started a corp

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

TheWeedNumber posted:

why is that?

the (SA) Mk 2 grenade is also known as the pineapple grenade

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

who is gonna start the qcs thread to determine once and for all which space guild can use the goon trademark? we need to get to the bottom of this.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's already been established that it's Groon

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

who is gonna start the qcs thread to determine once and for all which space guild can use the goon trademark? we need to get to the bottom of this.

Someone else because we're geese. Give it to groon imo, they're chill pineapple buds.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Vando posted:

Please keep posting all of TheAdj's 'we are doing something' posts, especially the ones where the 'doing something' is trying very hard to pin the problem on the association with SA and not years of his own personal endorsement of a pedo enabler.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

The thread became a bit of an uncomfortable area with the subposting after the Waffe quote, so I'm taking a little break from this thread for a few days.

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!

learnincurve posted:

the (SA) Mk 2 grenade is also known as the pineapple grenade

im not sure that's correct, but perhaps a (happy?) coincidence. EPG or Hoe would have to say since we lost all of our historical records in the Hoe stopped paying attention to EVE fires.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Feliday Melody posted:

The thread became a bit of an uncomfortable area with the subposting after the Waffe quote, so I'm taking a little break from this thread for a few days.

See you when you come back

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!

corgski posted:

Someone else because we're geese. Give it to groon imo, they're chill pineapple buds.

whats a qcs thread and whats a goon trademark?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

RustySeabutter posted:

Lurk more

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!

god no why would i do that

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

RustySeabutter posted:

god no why would i do that

:justpost:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

TheWeedNumber posted:

Also Atrum still a punk for staying with them under the guise of “fixing the ship.” Ain’t no fixing it. He should know better instead of still providing a service for them. He’s wasting his time at best and enabling part of their org at worst. Either way gently caress him.

don't know how you can hate him after he made the best post in this thread

so good the mods preserved it in his rap sheet

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Bad Purchase posted:

don't know how you can hate him after he made the best post in this thread

so good the mods preserved it in his rap sheet

I repeat, gently caress that guy.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Feliday Melody posted:

i mean, do what you need to do

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

RustySeabutter posted:

qcs is where people go to gaslight admins

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
the most recent exodus is totally irrelevant and like 75% of the posters in this thread slash “true goons” probably left GSF years and years ago in one of the many expellings of schismatics

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

causticBeet posted:

the most recent exodus is totally irrelevant and like 75% of the posters in this thread slash “true goons” probably left GSF years and years ago in one of the many expellings of schismatics

when you copy your report straight from the wikipedia article but slightly rearrange the words to pass the plagiarism check

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

causticBeet posted:

numerically its TEST 2.0: Heil SNOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Potato Salad posted:

numerically its TEST 2.0: Heil SNOOO

it was like that the last time i played too, but goons held onto the reins of the alliance so there was still something to the claim that it was goon organization despite being outnumbered by reddit.

i guess it remains to be seen if/when theadj crowns the next emperor, but the statements from him that have been pasted here make it pretty clear that's over. seems weird that they even want to keep the name "goon" and not just rebrand. i guess good luck to them in convincing people that the word that's been associated with this forum for 2 decades and is still in use by plenty of other SA related gaming groups now suddenly means something else.