Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'll get my first 1bil today, straight into a macaw. Daddy needs those large nets that I can't craft yet.

how tf do you have a billion and can't craft large nets? that's the only way i was able to make that money in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Kaboobi posted:

thank you buddy

I'd take a PHR that was 1/4 this beneficial, I'm stuck with 250 antlers and 150 salt for some minnows and a few axes.

I'm waiting until I get exploring to 99 before I mess with these.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Large Testicles posted:

how tf do you have a billion and can't craft large nets? that's the only way i was able to make that money in the first place

Been using all my exploration on Forest for regular nets and going in hard on Large Island.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
I’m in a similar boat but just going ham on sturdy bows. Farming mushroom nonstop for the paste, pumped up the steelworks.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

even with 10 rows and 9 minute grow time I’m still growing mushrooms 80% of the time I’m actively playing. it never ends.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I also got 1 bill far before I could craft large nets. I wasn’t as fussed about leveling exploration in mount banon and ember whatchacallit, just got antlers from forest and was ok voiding things. That slows down crafting a fair bit while getting you more silver.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Finished unlocking tower yesterday and got to level 17, enough AK to get to 36 but no silver. Just feeling a lot of "now what" right now, especially torn between saving up for more 10B purchases vs. tower levels (have the storehouse, nothing else).

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Kaboobi posted:

even with 10 rows and 9 minute grow time I’m still growing mushrooms 80% of the time I’m actively playing. it never ends.

Check your Mushrooms, my counter is at 1.3m.
Everything I want to do needs paste.

At least I am not in a hurry anymore now, hit Tower70 last night and now I am just chilling for a bit.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Release the stone of corn jail.

Attach the stone of mushroom jail.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Tahirovic posted:

Check your Mushrooms, my counter is at 1.3m.
Everything I want to do needs paste.

At least I am not in a hurry anymore now, hit Tower70 last night and now I am just chilling for a bit.

only 650k but I'm only at tower 50

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

sweet, just GM'd iron rings and should get twine GM'd in like 2 hours once i get more straw

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I'm not 99x4 yet, but when I do, should I spend my saved up 10 billion on the extra farm (I already have the storehouse), or should I buy the rest of the pets?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

definitely get every pet (except the penguin and maybe the owl) up to level 6 before the 10th farm row

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Kaboobi posted:

definitely get every pet (except the penguin and maybe the owl) up to level 6 before the 10th farm row

Onion seems immensely not worth ten billi, to me

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Lone Goat posted:

Under ideal conditions (all negotiator perks including the tower one acquired, beet and sunflower at least mastered), a level 6 onion takes just under 100 days to pay for itself.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Lone Goat posted:

yeah maybe pass on that one for now, with the buffs giving em mega seeds it’s marginally worth it silver-wise but you’ll probably get more benefit from growing more mushrooms.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Under ideal conditions (all negotiator perks including the tower one acquired, beet and sunflower at least mastered), a level 6 onion takes just under 100 days to pay for itself.

It also increases your beet/sunflower rate, which bumps your mastery up faster, and which lets you deal with lategame quests that ask for a bunch of either more easily.

That said, once you’re at that point it’s not like it’ll take you very long to get another 10 bil either way.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
What is the pro strategy around the wishing well? I tossed stuff in using buddy.farm to get the low numbered runestones and make the lava sphere, the high numbered ones don't appear to have wishing well stuff.

Should I bother getting the feed and flour mill or focus on maxing out fruit/animal production first? I hopped on the owl train and it's bringing me honey which I'm putting in my storehouse. My next row of crops is 100m so that's a ways off. 64/52/64/63. I'm throwing nets to grind fishing higher, I just can't do much manual fishing because I want to scream.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Wishing well is bacon or…whatever the decent alternative is that I was throwing before I had pigs online, until you have the gold feathers and leaves to unlock WC (or the level 6 frog). Then swap to crab claws to look for geckoes until you have enough for tower and possibly Strange Consequences. Then I think you swap to something that can get you herbs or seaweed or spiked shells, but I haven’t gotten that far so don’t know.

E: feed and flour mill are low priority. They are needed for a few quests that you need bacon and flour for. They don’t generate all that much money, though.

Arcturas fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 25, 2022

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Yeah that feels far worse than a 10th farm row

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Arcturas posted:

Wishing well is bacon or…whatever the decent alternative is that I was throwing before I had pigs online, until you have the gold feathers and leaves to unlock WC (or the level 6 frog). Then swap to crab claws to look for geckoes until you have enough for tower and possibly Strange Consequences. Then I think you swap to something that can get you herbs or seaweed or spiked shells, but I haven’t gotten that far so don’t know.

E: feed and flour mill are low priority. They are needed for a few quests that you need bacon and flour for. They don’t generate all that much money, though.

Thanks. I'll keep dumping silver into fruit and livestock.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

H110Hawk posted:

What is the pro strategy around the wishing well? I tossed stuff in using buddy.farm to get the low numbered runestones and make the lava sphere, the high numbered ones don't appear to have wishing well stuff.

Should I bother getting the feed and flour mill or focus on maxing out fruit/animal production first? I hopped on the owl train and it's bringing me honey which I'm putting in my storehouse. My next row of crops is 100m so that's a ways off. 64/52/64/63. I'm throwing nets to grind fishing higher, I just can't do much manual fishing because I want to scream.

early on it’s kinda aimless and situational depending on your Runestone or other quest needs for the day. Later on once you get the pig farm going you’ll be tossing a lot of bacon in the well for gold leafs and feathers. Beyond that you’ll want to start chucking crab claws in the well from your macaw to get 200-something orange geckos and some sea dragons and frogs, and salt for spiked shells.

Once you get the tower unlocked there’s not much else that’s pressing other than some late quests that ask for thousands of gold feathers and leafs, or tossing in Runestones to hopefully balance out the lopsided production of your pets.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

H110Hawk posted:

Thanks. I'll keep dumping silver into fruit and livestock.

Magicite. Magicite gets you feathers/leaves at 1/4 instead of the 1/3 from bacon.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

sometimes, they’re very bad

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

just got my second billion. first went to storehouse, second went to macaw.

i just got my first billion earlier this morning, but then i GM'd 2 different things and also went on a large net spree

i also have 2 raptors at 5 now with another one hitting lvl 5 tomorrow so the large nets should continue. i need to start spending more of my stam on WC instead of forest for the antlers but the LI profit is too nice atm.

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 25, 2022

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Inferno sphere is item of the day in the farmers market, +28%. Probably will just keep waiting for the next event where they are usually an item of the day on top of the event bonus. I’ve bought all my 10bil things I care about and upgraded all pets to 6. I will need plenty of silver for the tower but it’s AK currently holding me back.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
PHR status: Good?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I would do it, herbs suck.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Sexual Aluminum posted:

PHR status: Good?

This one’s very clearly a good deal

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Day 42: Unlocked the Tower.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Day 42: Unlocked the Tower.

SGDQ 2022: FarmRPG

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

There are people who have done it faster, but I take a tiny measure of pride of doing this without any gold trades (or, for that matter, barely any trades at all).

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

There are people who have done it faster, but I take a tiny measure of pride of doing this without any gold trades (or, for that matter, barely any trades at all).

How much begging did you need to do, honestly?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Double, double toil and trouble
Fire burn and cauldron bubble
Fruits and produce of the land
Trinkets crafted by my hand
Geckos, dragons, squids and frogs
Flowers, feathers, gems and cogs
Runestones, seaweeds, herbs and honey
Goldfish, steaks and bags of money
Lastly, hundred of spiked shells
For a questline straight from hells
By this spell and eldritch powers
Something wicked this way towers

Tolth posted:

How much begging did you need to do, honestly?
A fair bit. I would have never been able to do it quite as quickly without the generosity of others.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

H110Hawk posted:

Bacon until you can Crab Claw. Claws until you have enough Geckos for tower. Salt for Spiked Shells. Then back to Bacon for leaves and feathers for Giamics.

After that well isn’t super useful because you should have all the pets you need to passively get anything else or tower levels will do it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i thought i was doing so well in corn jail and now i'm corn jailed on whispering creek as well.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I got a new quest chain that requires 4.3k corn and still had a Jubilee quest for 1k corn. Corn jail is eternal.

I think I figured out why this game is so much fun, I do plan my masteries and GMs a bit but it always ends up like this:
1) I want to GM bottle rockets, I need feathers, lets explore Small Spring for feathers!
2) Oh I run out of Coal, lets go to Banon
3) Oh I run I have max inv Carbon, lets craft steel/wire for oak stuff
4) oh I run out of Oak, lets put a couple APs into WC
5) What was I doing? Ah yeah, I need feathers, back to Small Spring

I find myself jumping from zone to zone because something hits max inventory and I need other resources to craft that into useful stuff. This whole cycle is really fun for me, trying to not void anything useful and get some progress on all those masteries and GMs.

At least Craftworks is in beta now, so I do get automatic progress for some things:

Still looking at a week or more to get myself from T74 to 80, the floors after that will take even longer.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Oof, the exploration grind to 99 looks brutal. I'm about halfway there (at 92 exploration), and it looks like it needs...1.8 million stamina to get there, exclusively exploring WC? Or am I misreading the Farm Buddy calculator - that's with all the exploration xp perks and all the free explore chance perks, but not counting the stamina refund from grabbing apples, oranges, and lemons while exploring.

Now I just have to do some rough math on my daily stamina generation from the orchard (about 980 inv. cap) to figure out how long this will actually take.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Arcturas posted:

Oof, the exploration grind to 99 looks brutal. I'm about halfway there (at 92 exploration), and it looks like it needs...1.8 million stamina to get there, exclusively exploring WC? Or am I misreading the Farm Buddy calculator - that's with all the exploration xp perks and all the free explore chance perks, but not counting the stamina refund from grabbing apples, oranges, and lemons while exploring.

Now I just have to do some rough math on my daily stamina generation from the orchard (about 980 inv. cap) to figure out how long this will actually take.

When I stated the event this month it said I’d need 3300 Arnold Palmers. It took me the whole event with an auto clicker at 18cps plus a couple days after to get from 92 to 99. And I had like almost a million stamina saved up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Arcturas posted:

I got to 91 and I've been banking stamina to get to 1 million for the achievement, then I plan to start dumping my daily apples into Cider.

I partially hope the new zone drops sometime soon and I can dump all that stamina into it. The roadmap says the new zone is live in Alpha.