Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Finlay showed enough fire in the tag match today for me to give him a chance. A full Korakuen is gonna be loud enough even with restrictions that it won't fall flat if he brings that fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/ciaranrh93/status/1551160317056622592?s=21&t=9A8yzzwyhjLn8m8c010SvQ

Zack continues to be amazing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jamie Redknapp, loving ouch

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

average show, really liked the filthy tom/kenta interactions but they're not in the same block :( surprised at tana winning but yeah probably an 8 point clusterf0ck incoming. not looking forward to these korakuens lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The G1 is a lot easier to catch up on when you don't care about almost an entire block.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

The G1 is a lot easier to catch up on when you don't care about almost an entire block.

Hell same. Or like, large swaths of the field in general.

Am I the only one who thinks Juice Robinson is IMPOSSIBLY lame? Like, IMO he comes off just like someone trying way the gently caress too hard to be a heel, and it's just cringe-y to me.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/1551424155572404229

The highlight of G1, Kenta backstage promos

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Am I the only one who thinks Juice Robinson is IMPOSSIBLY lame? Like, IMO he comes off just like someone trying way the gently caress too hard to be a heel, and it's just cringe-y to me.

I was thinking the same. Got absolutely no interest in the new character. The old one was stale but at least it was unique

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
His ridiculous voice makes me laugh

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

dying at "Is this my book which hits the shelves on July 26?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddamn I love KENTA :allears:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I was thinking the same. Got absolutely no interest in the new character. The old one was stale but at least it was unique

But also this gimmick is just dumb. Am I supposed to hate him? Fear him? Laugh at him? It loving sucks, he sucks, the story is lame and I just want him to gently caress off. They can't even loving make it a LITTLE interesting with FinJuice because Juice didn't even do anything to him.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The real problem is that Nooj didn't need another greasy heel foreigner. It's packed full of them and Jay White's arguably the best to ever do it.

Rock Hard Juice Robinson needs something to stand out. ELP is doing flashy grease very well but if there was more of the old pirate Juice, I think I'd like the gimmick better.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

he lacks any real charisma or hook now he’s just another bc heel. he had gotten stale and needed a change but he hasn’t done anything as interesting either on the mic or in the ring as the peak of his babyface run

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i like when he says "i am the international wrestling grand prix united states of america champion rock hard juice robinson" then has an average to good match depending on opponent

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
it was a really bad sign when his match with shingo of all people was merely meh

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i thought it was fine except the end which was obviously something going way wrong. but probably you should have a better match than yoshi hashi lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

does anyone else get the team filthy song in their head during the day, do the filthy clap, etc etc?

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Lance Archer as ZSJ’s hot tag is awesome. Taka is still the best underdog in the world.

SANADA showed emotion! Wild. Enjoyed that match a lot.

WTF Naito? Screw it, Tana is winning the block, even though that makes no sense.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

yea ok posted:

does anyone else get the team filthy song in their head during the day, do the filthy clap, etc etc?

it’s a bop

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/4633ka7pro/status/1551548062765809664?t=YVqhvcVFC06_s37AHJPaBA&s=19

I don't know why this is cracking me up so much

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

There's just so much here that's amazing on many levels A+

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
seeing Tom Lawlor in NJPW makes me wish that Violence is Forever got a chance on at least NJPW Strong as Team Filthy or even just their own thing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This may be the greatest thing I have ever seen in my life.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I like Juice as a meta version of the greasy heel

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Jays going to the fed and they’re setting up Juice as the next leader of Bullet Club

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Seams posted:

Jays going to the fed and they’re setting up Juice as the next leader of Bullet Club

I honestly feel like the office would just tell elp to take a bunch of steroids if that was the case

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Starting with the Murder Machine

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Starting with the Murder Machine

His moody "why am I here" face is my favourite sho face

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

His moody "why am I here" face is my favourite sho face

That's a good one but my favourite is when he screams YEAAAAAAH along with his theme

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

dying at SHO celebrating his big win over two young lions

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This is a pretty good match for a prelim.

E: well potentially one it hasn't started yet.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
love the Korakuen English comms so near the wrestler entrances

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
"It's a different kind of bear."

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
"You ever said sorry to someone's balls?"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Love the way he shouts BAAAAAD DUUUUUUDE before hitting the senton.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Ishii be careful.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Bad Dude Tito - the breakout star of 2022 G1 climax

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
when yano uses shenanigans to win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3_PPdjD6mg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The United Empire look great (except Ospreay)