Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Elviscat posted:

What do you want from him? It's not like Guam has been a strategic and political linchpin in the Pacific for *checks notes* 450 years or anything.

450 years?

Wrong Theory posted:

I would be less worried about enhanced interrogation and more worried about pedos and people prone to anger though. Like this fine upstanding young man: (old video but was new to me a couple weeks ago!)

Oh yeah, there's gonna be a LOT of wildly inappropriate behavior

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Education has a big, big problem across the board. Hell, my wife is a decade+ career teacher, her classes were basically top 10 in the state for her subject area, and even she is talking about getting out if the bullshit keeps getting worse.

As of last week, there were over 1100 teaching positions open in our state alone.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wasabi the J posted:

This is how you infiltrate and indoctrinate.

The fascist agenda crawls along.

It was literally the german's plan to have vets teach the younger generations lmfao

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Guam was a strategically important supply base for the Spanish dating back the first trade routes being established to the far east.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I figured as much but I'd never heard the particulars. Thanks Michael Tracey for the teachable moment!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I don't see what the problem is. It's important that those children learn early that they will address the teacher by their spouse's rank.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

You will address me by my girlfriends spouses rank kid

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
"yes, staff sergeant Jodie."

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Chess robot breaks seven-year-old boy's finger during Moscow Open
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62286017

quote:

"The robot broke the child's finger," Sergey Lazarev, Moscow Chess Federation President, told Tass news agency. "This is of course bad."

They're coming for us

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://youtu.be/YFdymK1YsYs

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I've seen the headline like a dozen times now and every. single. time i thought it said "cheese robot"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Sergey sounds like he was forced to say that

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Soul Dentist posted:

I've seen the headline like a dozen times now and every. single. time i thought it said "cheese robot"

A cheese robot sounds even more terrifying. It has a knife!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah. But it probably also has wine.

Maybe a fondue kit.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

lmfaoooo yeah guam isn't a loving United Airlines base or anything

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Kesper North posted:

lmfaoooo yeah guam isn't a loving United Airlines base or anything

Not only that, it was all over the news that it is a base in March/April 2020. Guam is where the Captain Cozier ported the Teddy Roosevelt when like 1/4 of his crew came up with COVID19.

poo poo was talked about constantly for a few weeks and I heard normal people mention it because some thought Cozier was some deep state operative trying to make Trump look bad, or normal people realizing if the Navy is freaked out, then this is a serious disease.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
If a PFC pays 25% of his money in child support, how many sleeves of cope can he buy before the 15th?

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Sacrist65 posted:

If a PFC pays 25% of his money in child support, how many sleeves of cope can he buy before the 15th?

one more

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Sacrist65 posted:

I already got my ASVAB waiver. gently caress your word problem.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Not only that, it was all over the news that it is a base in March/April 2020. Guam is where the Captain Cozier ported the Teddy Roosevelt when like 1/4 of his crew came up with COVID19.

poo poo was talked about constantly for a few weeks and I heard normal people mention it because some thought Cozier was some deep state operative trying to make Trump look bad, or normal people realizing if the Navy is freaked out, then this is a serious disease.

Poor Capt. Crozier got his career ended and memory holed because he did the right thing for his crew. He's retired now, because the US Navy is rotten at the top.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Still cracking up remembering the Sec. Navy trying to drag him in front of his crew and people freaking out.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Wasn't there a high ranking navy dude just recently who got roasted because his morale speech basically went "Yo I know this all sucks and you are killing yourselves everywhere, but you could be sleeping in the dirt so suck it up okay deuces I'm off to a slick hotel to get the per diem later suckaassssss"

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

not caring here posted:

Wasn't there a high ranking navy dude just recently who got roasted because his morale speech basically went "Yo I know this all sucks and you are killing yourselves everywhere, but you could be sleeping in the dirt so suck it up okay deuces I'm off to a slick hotel to get the per diem later suckaassssss"

I didn't know Rumsfeld was in the Navy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

not caring here posted:

I think it was a MCPON but not sure if it is the current one.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

not caring here posted:

Wasn't that the MCPON?

E:f,b

Let me just add that the role of each service's top enlisted is not to advocate for the enlisted to the flag ranks, but to dodge DUIs and adultery allegations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Poor Capt. Crozier got his career ended and memory holed because he did the right thing for his crew. He's retired now, because the US Navy is rotten at the top.

History is ungrateful to those who were right too soon

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-62202240

Marburg making a reappearance

Hell yeah

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

I wonder how many ancient virus and bacteria strains dethawed when 4 billion gallons of glacial ice melted off of Greenland last week.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I wonder how many ancient virus and bacteria strains dethawed when 4 billion gallons of glacial ice melted off of Greenland last week.

Google is telling me that they are working on a vaccine for Marburg. I wonder how fast we will be able to spin up vaccines? Have we bothered to study any of the stuff that we find in the ice?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ASAPI posted:

Google is telling me that they are working on a vaccine for Marburg. I wonder how fast we will be able to spin up vaccines? Have we bothered to study any of the stuff that we find in the ice?

Surely we've seen enough movies to know it is one of the researchers on the ice who brings the black oil parasite back to civilization.

We need Mulder and Scully, pronto.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Kuru is making a play.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1550864590560546816

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
You will eat grandma and you will be happy.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

A.o.D. posted:

I talked to a couple dudes from the TR, apparently Crozier wasn't very well liked, until he stood up to the Navy brass by pulling in to port, knowing it would kill his career, the Secnav trying to badmouth someone who just put themselves in the firing line to stand up for the welfare of their crew, to that crew was a real brain genius move. Didn't that secnav resign after that incident too?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think it was a MCPON but not sure if it is the current one.

It was, he told the crew of the Bush to "lower their expectations" specifically their expectations of being housed in close to acceptable conditions, or being fed, while in a maintenance availability in a US port, because you could be sitting in a foxhole getting shot at instead!

The Navy's sociopathic disregard for the welfare of junior enlisted sailors is legendary.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Bring back sodomy + the lash

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Grip it and rip it posted:

Bring back sodomy + the lash

This would be an excellent name for a BDSM club near a Navy Base.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well here's a weird one.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1551619715864281088?t=lTb1g0ksXnu9BTaQSIIrwQ&s=19

It appears a woman went into a bathroom at the airport, came out in different clothes, then fired a pistol in the air wildly, and was promptly shot. Possible that she was hammered/stoned enough to think she was going to try and rob a bank???

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Swift would have been looked at a lot more suspiciously if he wrote for the failing nyt

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Don't worry, reddit was on the case and came to the conclusion it was all sensationalistic reporting

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
The only time and place for cannibalism is 10,000 years in the future on a space station as you trick the man trying to kill you into ingesting your bone fragments in order to tear him apart from the inside with a necromantic theorem (spoilers for Harrow the Ninth).

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
So about a week ago that piece of poo poo Joe Rogan said that the solution to the homelessness crisis was to just shoot them.

Guess what fuckin happened in my town this morning?

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1551645039654305794

Two homeless people dead, two in hospital, suspect put nine rounds into the windshield of a cop car and then got taken down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

mass media agitating for soft genocide against unhoused people? I'm shocked, shocked

oh wait https://citationsneeded.libsyn.com/episode-85-incitement-against-the-homeless-part-i-the-infestation-rhetoric-of-local-news