Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

as a relatively novice weed enjoyer:

they need to come up with a way to enjoy weed in a way that is both as pleasurable at the moment of consumption as beer and activates as fast as alcohol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i am harry posted:

smoking a bowl is exactly that

i don't really find the actual act of inhaling the smoke/vape particularly pleasant

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

i don't really find the actual act of inhaling the smoke/vape particularly pleasant

learn more cool tricks like smoke rings

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Shear Modulus posted:

i like it because it is a prelude to getting high or getting more high

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Shear Modulus posted:

remember the first time you had a drink and didn't like it?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Southpaugh posted:

remember the first time you had a drink and didn't like it?

you can do rookie drinks with watermelon juice and sodas and poo poo

but I guess that's what "diamond sauce" is

but inexperienced people dabbing diamonds often get Couchlock Critically Creamed.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

dabs were always a fast track to a largely unpleasant religious experience for me or that specific kind of weed high where your brain tells you every single way it thinks you're loving up for four hours

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Riot Bimbo posted:

dabs were always a fast track to a largely unpleasant religious experience for me or that specific kind of weed high where your brain tells you every single way it thinks you're loving up for four hours

lately that’s every time :smith:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah, same, give me THC releasing nanomachines in my blood

I guess edibles are just a low tech version of that

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I'm having a resurgence of an obscure pain / discomfort condition ("hyoid syndrome"), the best I can hope for is that getting uncomfortable neck shots work again (did this in 2011 and was good until now) and the worst part is weed in any form irritates it via drying my mouth

mother fucker, it's a good thing I don't have a source of opiates

thank goodness for kitty endophins anyway. and my kids hugs, but, the cats are in some ways more reliable

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I'm having a resurgence of an obscure pain / discomfort condition ("hyoid syndrome"), the best I can hope for is that getting uncomfortable neck shots work again (did this in 2011 and was good until now) and the worst part is weed in any form irritates it via drying my mouth

mother fucker, it's a good thing I don't have a source of opiates

thank goodness for kitty endophins anyway. and my kids hugs, but, the cats are in some ways more reliable

I hope you feel better soon. in general, you always have to be careful with the hyoid bone. nice cat

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

I hope you feel better soon. in general, you always have to be careful with the hyoid bone. nice cat

me too and thanks. I think I have insertion tendinosis on the ligaments that connect to the horn of the bone on one side so there's not a ton I can do to be careful except basic posture stuff, and hoping to fuckin' god that having the area blasted with lidocaine + dextrose works as well now as it did in 2011, because in that case it had taken me 2 years to get a correct diagnosis to attempt treatment so I am pretty primed to be anxious about this. And as far as weed goes there's a big overlap symptom wise with throat cancer so I need to not let my imagination run too wild until I'm all fixed up.

I made a bunch of tincture today because smoking is probably a bad idea right now. Decarbed like 3g of oil in a small glass jar in a crock pot; it seemed to work, I saw it bubble for a couple hours and then it stopped and I added 45ml of olive oil, dissolved it and ate like 5ml.

edit: and yes the last time I went through this I got a lot of jokes of the form "oh, you feel like you have something caught in your throat? Is it a dick?"

Fuckin' hilarious, people. :rolleyes:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

holy poo poo he was just in this same position and he managed, somehow, to fall off the record player into the crack between it and the wall, looking most undignified for about two seconds until he popped up like a puffball

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Got a real camera for the first time in my life and immediately took pictures of my pets.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Excellent

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://filedn.com/lA1dAM6GJzOy8eCDm2eVX88/tmp/bolin_hiding.mp4

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

I use time.gov as a dab timer

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm-L9uMxzQA

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Vaping stuff that barely gives any body high for months and then getting my hands on some hash absolutely that does. Sweet. Gonna play the cat game, maybe squeeze some oranges and probably sleep really well.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

The sleep could be my favorite part. It is so so good.

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

TehSaurus posted:

The sleep could be my favorite part. It is so so good.

Finishing work and going to sleep high, then waking up high and smokin a bowl? Well sir, that's a perfect saturday right there :clint: (he is smoking a blunt)

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
NO I don't see a connection between this and my exhaustion problems

(I stopped making a habit of weed benders and take more regular tollerance breaks & now I'm fine :) )

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Vaping some purp on the couch bumping the Sim City 3000 soundtrack on Sunday afternoon.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

skooma512 posted:

Vaping some purp on the couch bumping the Sim City 3000 soundtrack on Sunday afternoon.

hell yeah, the best sim city both in game and in soundtrack imo

(2000 is about on par music wise but i never played it)

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i haven't read this thread in a long time but i got a sign that today was the day to fix that:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

skooma512 posted:

:hmmyes:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

getting debilitatingly high before work ftw

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Riot Bimbo posted:

if you add some CBD to a dab, it's a good way to combat THC induced anxiety. alternatively, look for a 1:1 CBD:THC concentrate

bean mug
Nov 11, 2011

you think you can just say things to me?
the dogs are cool

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

can cats understand humans are gathering information and/or learning when they read? has a cat ever been like “pretty sure he’s learning something. no idea what or how, but I’ve learned things and that looks like learning. that’s a learning facial expression if I’ve ever seen one.”

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

can cats understand humans are gathering information and/or learning when they read? has a cat ever been like “pretty sure he’s learning something. no idea what or how, but I’ve learned things and that looks like learning. that’s a learning facial expression if I’ve ever seen one.”

yes, cats understand everything you are doing on an intuitive level

they simply do not care about your whims or desires and will sit on the book you are trying to learn from

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I managed to accidentally grow 5 little baby cannabis plants. I'm now committed to keeping them alive.

What size pots should I look at? I want to transplant them out of my onions asap.
Also, any good lowes/home depot soils I can get?

Any tips?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

my hash habit has combined with having kids in the house to create a situation where my sleep is utterly bizarre.

if I eat like 200mg of decarb oil I reliably sleep though the night. otherwise I wake up at like 2am and either vape more and go back to sleep or just doom scroll the biosphere thread until it's time for kids to get up

i sleep like 3 hrs some nights, 11 on others and it drives my partner crazy. we end up sleeping in the same bed like 14hrs a week, maybe

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

jesus christ mate there must be something else you can do to effectively help you sleep than consume an entire stalk of a plant each night

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i work overnights and melatonin works for me. combined with weed

this was a good place for u kno what yesterday morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Marzzle posted:

if you add some CBD to a dab, it's a good way to combat THC induced anxiety. alternatively, look for a 1:1 CBD:THC concentrate

i've experimented with cbd for those purposes generally, and it really doesn't work, seems to even make stuff worse. Indica does me dirtier than sativa somehow, too.

So far as I can tell, weed just isn't the same kind of chill-out drug for me that it is for others.

I know it also has to do with frequency. When I was using vapes and smokables daily, I could get pretty high without incident, but the high itself would be pretty unremarkable, and got in the way of life more than helped. I liked interesting experiences (and not spending money on weed; a non flower habit in washington is pretty expensive), so buying some edibles to take over the weekend with my partner results in these pretty heavy near-zero tolerance psychedelic experiences. And there's only like, three broad kinds of that high for me. It's basically either "fix your life poo poo" if my life isn't in order, religious psychedelia, or synaethesiac hedonia where music becomes tactile and the tactile becomes music, so girlfriend stuff.

The latter experience is depressingly uncommon too. So I basically save weed for when I wanna trip but can't find mushrooms or acid