Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
My first impression of Railgun is that the accuracy improvements are really nice. Being able to hit things without aiming, for what feels like an eternity, is fun. Stats not counting against us is good too. However, that 445 proxy range takes some getting used to and don't think I like it.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Railgun is pretty fun. Lurking between 445m and 502m in the FV215b 183 is my jam. 5 straight wins.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Holy poo poo is that an all-round set of buffs for the VTU? It only took how many years for the devs to do something about that heap of poo poo??

sauer kraut posted:

Cool, the E8 is gonna be bouncing its 120pen potatoes with even greater comfort and accuracy.

Plinking away with style!

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

JuffoWup posted:

It does have auto login though? Login once to the game center and that is passed to the client at launch.
Fair enough. I launch the exe through steam so I have overlay for FPS and screenshots, and don't bother with the launcher except for patching.

It's still dumb there's no in-game autologin feature.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I didn't see anything in the OP, is there a discord that you guys use for this? I come back every year or so to try it out

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Target Practice posted:

I didn't see anything in the OP, is there a discord that you guys use for this? I come back every year or so to try it out

This should work. Someone will have to authorize you.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The 183 makes the arcade quests a breeze.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

What even the gently caress is the Arcade Cabinet thing?

Edit:
Utter loving poo poo, it turns out.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 16, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Edit:

It's fine. But after doing the dailies, there really is no point in playing it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

It's fine. But after doing the dailies, there really is no point in playing it.

:hmmyes:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Edit:

According to skill, it is the best way to farm credits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzLEiIAFPKc

For the main reason being that there are no stats being recording to your account. So just whatever it. Die within a 1 minute? Oh well, grab another tank and go. Lights and thin skinned tds are probably not a good idea. I may have to try arty as accuracy to arty sounds like another comedy mine similar to running around with the shitbarn and deathstar.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Just bought the AE Phase 1 and its a pretty fun tank. My first game was, uh, nothing we will speak of ever; but the second game was great!

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Mesadoram posted:

Just bought the AE Phase 1 and its a pretty fun tank. My first game was, uh, nothing we will speak of ever; but the second game was great!

5k damage out of the gate (almost) is pretty good. I started grinding field mods for it and I like the tank, but it has been hit and miss depending on the teams and maps. I'm still figuring it out though.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 17, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Update: I think I hate the AE. The gun on it is derpy as gently caress, it refuses to shoot straight.

Edit: Idk, just had another 4k damage, 3k blocked damage game in it.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jul 17, 2022

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Update: I think I hate the AE. The gun on it is derpy as gently caress, it refuses to shoot straight.

Edit: Idk, just had another 4k damage, 3k blocked damage game in it.

Sounds like my renegade experiences.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

JuffoWup posted:

Sounds like my renegade experiences.

Kinda wish I bought one, but this makes me glad that I didn't lol.

Here is my last game in the Phase 1. Wasn't the best game in the world, but I think it does an OK job showing the strengths of the tank.

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6300577#stats

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIrYYOUByqk

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
I'm not interested in any of the BP tanks; got the Char last time and it's collecting dust because I vastly prefer playing the AMX 30.
Someone please talk me off the ledge of buying a Liberté with all the bonds I get from converting the coin things and points. It's either that or a 9000 bond set of rammer+stabs :ohdear:

e; the only heaves I enjoy are the E75 style so it looks like a good fit, but the poor gun handling in videos is troubling.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 17, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I've had both an amazing and totally trash morning in tanks:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Apologies for the double post, but I had a really fun game in the AE Phase 1. Also found out that it actually has some pushing power...

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6303403

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_FtdCVB0oQ

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I don't understand why people keep going beach on overlord. If my team sends more than 3 tanks to the beach on overlord I just have to hope the enemy team is equally dumb. The only way they win from beach is if they are able to basically push all the way to the end while keeping all their hit points and begin flanking. But by then usually the rest of the team is dead and the enemy team just snipes them from the cliffs. The valley on Lakeville is kind of the same thing, but it at least kind of makes sense for hull down tanks to go. The beach on overlord is just a shooting gallery for the team that wins the top.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 22, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

TracerM17 posted:

I don't understand why people keep going beach on overlord. If my team sends more than 3 tanks to the beach on overlord I just have to hope the enemy team is equally dumb. The only way they win from beach is if they are able to basically push all the way to the end while keeping all their hit points and begin flanking. But by then usually the rest of the team is dead and the enemy team just snipes them from the cliffs. The valley on Lakeville is kind of the same thing, but it at least kind of makes sense for hull down tanks to go. The beach on overlord is just a shooting gallery for the team that wins the top.

Because it is "easy". Not many places to be shot from, which makes any encounters easier to deal with.

At least that is my theory...

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I go beach to troll when i play solos.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

TracerM17 posted:

It's because both the beach and valley are presented as viable routes when they are actually not. WG is obsessed with making DotA maps but they can't figure out to make all 3 lanes viable on every map. And pubbies are too dumb to understand that even though a lane is open/traversable, it's a bad choice. So they go Lakeville valley and don't understand why their tanks are so slow (it's swampy terrain) or why their team isn't "helping them" (they're isolated by goddamn mountains) but they're too dumb to learn from their mistakes.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Lakeville is poo poo-tier garbage map design and I loving hate it enough to often just go for a swim ASAP whenever I get shoved onto that shitheap, especially if the MM shits the bed and delivers another thrilling +2MM 4/5/6 setup where I might as well be armed with a tennis ball launcher.

loving trash.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Lakeville is poo poo-tier garbage map design and I loving hate it enough to often just go for a swim ASAP whenever I get shoved onto that shitheap, especially if the MM shits the bed and delivers another thrilling +2MM 4/5/6 setup where I might as well be armed with a tennis ball launcher.

loving trash.

Lakeville is fine if you go town. You can pretty much ignore anybody who went valley until your side loses and you have to go clean up the people that push out from it to your base. That's kind of the funny thing about the beach on overlord and the valley on lakeville... Every now and again the people that go that route actually win their lane soon enough to help win the game and think that's the correct way to play the map. You really just need some defenders to go those sides to make sure the enemy isn't zerging the valley/beach and that's about it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
People on Overlord telling me to go beach in my E-100. LOL

gently caress off with pings and mentioning my name in chat, I'm gonna go mid and actually be effective.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
After the awesome experience I had with the IS-M I thought the 705 would be just as great.

Nope.

Actually having a rather terrible time with the tank. It is just too slow for the current meta, and the gun is awful.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

https://i.imgur.com/WuVehD0.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/ehNiV2U.mp4

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

After the awesome experience I had with the IS-M I thought the 705 would be just as great.

Nope.

Actually having a rather terrible time with the tank. It is just too slow for the current meta, and the gun is awful.

It's been a couple years since I played that line, but I found the experience to be the reverse, at least back then. The ISM is kinda mediocre, considering it doesn't have that effective armor and the gun is worse than the one on the IS3. The 705, meanwhile, has usable armor and a choice of the IS7 gun or a slightly worse IS4 gun. It's not particularly fast, though, I'll agree with that.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Vastly preferred the Obj. 705 over the IS-M here too. The 705 didn't feel particularly amazing (IMO vehicles with rear-mounted turrets never do feel all that great, with the exception of the VK45.02 B) and moved with all the urgency of a salted slug but it did at least have potential to scare guys away with its gun while offering some level of resistance when hulldown or sidescraping.

The IS-M on the other hand just felt miserable in most situations. Turning the hull to meet threats was objectively a total loving nightmare and the so-called armour would regularly have all the protective properties of melted cheese. Granted that the 705 had the advantage when it came to the MM so it was never shat on by +2 scenarios but god almighty even againt Tier VIII tanks the gun on the IS-M seemed to do everything possible to misbehave, with low-rolls and no-pens galore, and that was if the fucker was even on-target! Easily one of my most-cursed vehicles. A truly hateful experience.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Idk, I've always had weird favorites in my tanks (like the KV-3). But yeah, overall having a mediocre time in it.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jul 24, 2022

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

Idk, I've always had weird favorites in my tanks (like the KV-3). But yeah, overall having a mediocre time in it.

Hey now, the KV-3 is a fine favourite of mine too and I will hear no slurs against it :colbert:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hey now, the KV-3 is a fine favourite of mine too and I will hear no slurs against it :colbert:

:hfive:

I always had so much fun in it. It hits like a truck and can bully lower tiers hard.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Having an enemy Type 64 go full ham on a suprise scouting run around Himmelsdorf only to miss his turn and crash into my KV-3 -- losing all of his hp in that one moment -- is still one of the most :allears: moments I have had in this game.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Having an enemy Type 64 go full ham on a suprise scouting run around Himmelsdorf only to miss his turn and crash into my KV-3 -- losing all of his hp in that one moment -- is still one of the most :allears: moments I have had in this game.

They probably had their spot 3 tanks mission to do. That is pretty much the only reason I bust out my light tanks anymore.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
It's that kinda Sunday again :ohdear: Getting dangerously close to 20% winrate

Finding myself unable to play anything but the turbo & hardening T95, and premiums like Even and Borat during clan booster times.
Next BP imma unlock the Tortoise with blueprints and that'll be it. T'n'T all evening long, not giving a single gently caress.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 24, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The Tort is a lot of fun, especially when pubbies don't know how to pen you.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

drat, I still suck at this game!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

drat, I still suck at this game!

I feel ya on that one :smith:.

Decided to take the old Batchat out for a spin and I gotta say, I really do love this tank.

Edit: Was going to buy the VZ55 but I somehow sold my TVP 50/51 instead of the Vz. 51. Lost about 2.5 mil in the process of buying back the TVP. I cannot express how confused and angry I am right now.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

about to drop under 48% which i assume means i have to delete my account