Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Dickin' tender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

drat, you can't beat that meat

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm sorry little guy

I'm sorry I straight up roasted your ding dong

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm sorry little guy

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

For a while I was getting tons of ads for lingerie on Facebook and there was a knockoff version of this handmade set by Estelle Peacock that turned up a lot.

Burger Queen

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm sorry little guy

Emptyquote :h:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

"Uh you know what, I'm actually on a double diet today, no food at all. Thanks though"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

"Uh you know what, I'm actually on a double diet today, no food at all. Thanks though"

I'm on a triple diet, I refuse to even contemplate that image

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I did it this morning:

They ended up being a lot less tall than I would have liked, but overall they weren't terrible and are a decent way to whip up a quick biscuit.... I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

I did it this morning:

Oh yeah... I was curious how those were gonna turn out sweetness-wise in particular with Mt Dew involved, I don't remember seeing a regular biscuit recipe with sugar in the ingredients.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh yeah... I was curious how those were gonna turn out sweetness-wise in particular with Mt Dew involved, I don't remember seeing a regular biscuit recipe with sugar in the ingredients.

Maybe marginally sweeter than your average biscuit-from-a-can, but not by much. The sour cream cuts a lot of it, I think.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That's not what baking soda means.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

SlothfulCobra posted:

That's not what baking soda means.

It is now, grandpa.

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

Isn't that just baba ganoush? Probably the blander midwestern version, but still

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

Isn't that just baba ganoush? Probably the blander midwestern version, but still

This is exactly what I was going to say. I'm generally not a fan of eggplant but good baba ghanoush is fantastic.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Everything I know about baba ghanoush I learned from watching MXC

So, nothing really

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Bloop posted:

Everything I know about baba ghanoush I learned from watching MXC

So, nothing really

You learned the most important thing: that baba ghanoush is really fun to say.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's so beautiful when the eggplants swim upriver in the fall

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://twitter.com/alangdon17/status/1551252071185276928?t=OCgpvYIghufOa41jnmZbAw&s=19

I don't know where else to post this, but as it's terrible and food-related, this seemed like the right thread.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/alangdon17/status/1551252071185276928?t=OCgpvYIghufOa41jnmZbAw&s=19

I don't know where else to post this, but as it's terrible and food-related, this seemed like the right thread.

I love them

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I follow this recipe for drop biscuits that has sugar in it, but it's only a tablespoon across a dozen biscuits. Doesn't have a huge impact on the taste, but it blends well with the salt after the bottoms get dark and crisp.

https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a83805/how-to-make-drop-biscuits/

And this one for actual "these are meant to be sweet" biscuits.

https://www.rockrecipes.com/sweet-biscuits/

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Captain Hygiene posted:

Eggplant caviar is extremely good, but I'd admit this looks like a mayonnaise turned bad

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

VictualSquid posted:

Brits: how do you like them chicken rice now?

Very much. Boiled chicken and rice usually means Caribbean style chicken and rice. Which is delicious, spicy and very healthy!

I've only seen chicken and rice that plain when I was cooking it for my dog after she had surgery.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

Can't wait to see Ultraman fight this.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Have yourself a delicious crosspost

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Televisio Frankus posted:

Can't wait to see Ultraman fight this.

Dall-E knows who Ultraman is, but can't seem to make him fight that thing

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Neil B Needingcookinglessons

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Captain Hygiene posted:

Have yourself a delicious crosspost

The first time I ever heard of balut was on a challenge on one of the first seasons of Survivor and I still think it's one of the most disgusting things I can imagine eating.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Are you sure that's not just in honor of David Warner (Rest in Power) who served Picard some Space Balut while he was being held prisoner on TNG?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

After The War posted:

Are you sure that's not just in honor of David Warner (Rest in Power) who served Picard some Space Balut while he was being held prisoner on TNG?

I'm glad I found out in the cursed image thread earlier, I would not have been prepared to learn it in a food thread
:rip:

Vogon Poetry Slam
Nov 13, 2016

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
One of my former bosses brought Balut in for a potluck. Most of my former coworkers were game, I excused myself to the bathroom after learning what it was.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/LRNROSE/status/1551363548328169472

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
bad news

https://twitter.com/alangdon17/status/1551302162550079488?s=20&t=HY8QvNuSinXJ3SINK7Xb7g

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

These really just look like Ultraman monsters of the week to me. Like, you know these things have been up to some space crimes.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I mean in re: space crimes, let he who is without sin etc.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Technically all crimes are space crimes, if you really think about it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not all crimes are federal crimes in the US, ergo not all earth crimes are space crimes.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I love the oyster mascots, they didn’t shy away from accurate representations of the tiny blue eyes

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I forgot about the Pink Sauce lady until she came up on my Twitter feed again, she is now claiming that the sauce is FDA compliant because it is not medicine:

https://twitter.com/derekarnellx/status/1551697816057028610

even better: OP of this post sells homeopathic remedies in the link immediately after this tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

LvK posted:

I forgot about the Pink Sauce lady until she came up on my Twitter feed again, she is now claiming that the sauce is FDA compliant because it is not medicine:

https://twitter.com/derekarnellx/status/1551697816057028610

even better: OP of this post sells homeopathic remedies in the link immediately after this tweet.

Usually food is a local matter. Not sure what happens when you start moving it across state lines using the postal service though.