Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

here's some early '90s NYHC if you're into that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liJWGeBKGfs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

drat oysters. respect

https://www.vox.com/2016/4/6/11352354/oysters-environment-farming

quote:

Because they are so small and defenseless without a fully formed shell, oyster babies are often gobbled up by other marine life.

To ensure the survival of their species, oysters respond to this threat by ejaculating ungodly numbers of sperm and eggs into the water (where the gametes mix and form oyster embryos). So much jizz.

Every season, an adult female oyster can produce 50 to 100 million eggs. Males produce so much sperm that it's basically uncountable. "Sperm counts ... certainly range into the tens of billions," Allen says. "They are maybe the most fecund of species on the planet."

Now consider this: An oyster reef can house around 100 to 500 oysters per 10 square feet. An acre of a healthy oyster reef can house 600,000 of them, and some oyster reefs can stretch hundreds of acres. Let's just say there aren't enough digits on a standard calculator to determine how much oyster sperm that is.

Almost all oysters start out their lives as male, but as they grow larger, many of them will switch genders. (Because there's so much more sperm than eggs, this helps ensure a growing oyster population.)

And occasionally they can have both sex organs at the same time. Allen says how this happens isn't well-understood, but they seem to change genders based on environmental factors. It's possible that the gender determination is influenced by water temperature and by the relative health of the oyster reef (more productive reefs favor females). But "nobody really knows what the mechanism is," Allen says.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
there are a lot of badmins and badmods on this site, cspam

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

who will pick the jazz lettuce?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Call my mr oyster because Im swimming in it

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1551391632297263104

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
I feel like I should get a free av & custom title because of the bullshit

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

AxGrap posted:

Rad runner, well reviewed, good motor, solid bike I have nothing bad to say about it. Wife is getting one too. V heavy so not an apt bike fyi. Ask TD she has the same one.

radrunner 2 looks great, and is on sale now. seems like a good value for its capability.

I’m wondering if a suspension would be good, though. I will ride on rural paved roads and want to be able to take it into the woods. the radrunner plus looks very functional, but I like the radrover it’s more normal bicycle shape and bigger tires.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
smarxist literally said the same thing I did, he got a 24 hour probation

I got a ban and a month-long probation

like... you serious, Clark?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Zeriel posted:

Nothing feels real anymore and I can't tell if I'm mentally ill or correct.

whatever you want to be real is real. unless its something good then there's a chance of failure

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Aino Minako posted:

radrunner 2 looks great, and is on sale now. seems like a good value for its capability.

I’m wondering if a suspension would be good, though. I will ride on rural paved roads and want to be able to take it into the woods. the radrunner plus looks very functional, but I like the radrover it’s more normal bicycle shape and bigger tires.

The big tires are the bump protection basically, I have to navigate around big potholes.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Bethamphetamine posted:

drat oysters. respect

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
look expecting to be treated fairly is a very childish thing and you would think the mods would appreciate that

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
you know

cause

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

they don’t know what a person looks like

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

smarxist literally said the same thing I did, he got a 24 hour probation

I got a ban and a month-long probation

like... you serious, Clark?

your punishment was higher because of that time you trolled about raised by wolves

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

CODChimera posted:

your punishment was higher because of that time you trolled about raised by wolves

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQHfs15n7hk

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

I'm doing it! I'm voting! I'm voting right now!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/ehananoki/status/1550531498830614528

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

I feel like I should get a free av & custom title because of the bullshit

I also hope that the left does not cede violence to the right. I hope that they realize that the systems that are oppressing and subjecting them are made out of soft flesh.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bUt TrAnSgEnDeR iS uNaTuRa... FAAAAAART

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

this was much more entertaining than I expected

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

CODChimera posted:

Lol

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

"With a name like that I expect them to be hot"

:thunk:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Mustached Demon posted:

bUt TrAnSgEnDeR iS uNaTuRa... FAAAAAART

Climate change and increasing adoption of transgender?

The deep state is putting oyster sperm into the water supply! Wake up sheeple!!

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

It's like someone described an oyster to a blind person who then relayed that description to a sculptor.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
First they came for our frogs gay and I said nothing

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

as I said before the biggest downside with the RadRunner is that the kinda weird size 20" inner tubes are hard to find in bike shops so you will want to order a few spares to have around when you inevitably get a flat so you don't have to wait forever for a shop to order you one

also there have been some complaints about the seatposts breaking on some of them

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Asproigerosis posted:

Climate change and increasing adoption of transgender?

The deep state is putting oyster sperm into the water supply! Wake up sheeple!!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

All clownfish are born female.

All oysters are born male.

And they're all just sucking and loving like crazy all the time. We can learn so much from them.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

tacodaemon posted:

as I said before the biggest downside with the RadRunner is that the kinda weird size 20" inner tubes are hard to find in bike shops so you will want to order a few spares to have around when you inevitably get a flat so you don't have to wait forever for a shop to order you one

also there have been some complaints about the seatposts breaking on some of them

Low clearance on the bottom but ya get used to it

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

slathering on the make-up like a scallop!
:backtowork:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I loving love oysters. I just had a dozen tonight at my favorite sushi bar. Tasty much.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
loving snot on a rock

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

life finds a way

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Zeriel posted:

Nothing feels real anymore and I can't tell if I'm mentally ill or correct.

Everyone is bad or good depending on who you're talking too. The people you're talking too are also bad and good

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bethamphetamine posted:

All clownfish are born female.

All oysters are born male.

And they're all just sucking and loving like crazy all the time. We can learn so much from them.

yeah that lesson: don't be horny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Elephanthead posted:

life finds a way

thats what i searched for to find that image