Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
The only thing you should ever call a terf is an ambulance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Filthy Haiku posted:

The only thing you should ever call a terf is an ambulance.

Only after they're cold and unresponsive. We don't want any unfortunate incidents where one of the EMT's might be one of those scary transes, after all.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/JoyceCarolOates/status/1551210510389022723

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What was her other dumb take a while ago cos I am having a big sense of deja vu

E: is she the one who thinks skeletons are bad?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah pretty sure, and she’s had a bunch of others too.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Publishing books by white men is how we get Ready Player One.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Wasn't the reason J.K. Rowling put her name like that on Harry Potter books because at the time, books by women weren't selling in that genre?

Suck it up, potentially fictional male writer. If you're supposedly creative enough to write a book you're creative enough to make up a pen name.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Cleretic posted:

Wasn't the reason J.K. Rowling put her name like that on Harry Potter books because at the time, books by women weren't selling in that genre?

Suck it up, potentially fictional male writer. If you're supposedly creative enough to write a book you're creative enough to make up a pen name.

Are you out here trying to create MORE J.K. Rowlings?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Oh, she's familiar with pen names.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

McCracAttack posted:

Are you out here trying to create MORE J.K. Rowlings?

Look, it's a buyers' market, we can't just cancel J.K. Rowling when there's a market for that.

We need to make a better J.K. Rowling to replace her. Or, failing that, flood the market with so many J.K.s Rowling that the original can't succeed.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think agents just say this, I’ve heard this from
some people with agents both irl and on podcasts.

I think it’s just agents being lovely and annoying and lazy. They probably couldn’t give a poo poo either way.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i think it's probably stdh.txt or maybe it happened when she prompted a friend to agree with her and then she extrapolated that out to everybody because she has scrambled egg brains.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
yeah there's a reason why you don't admit hearsay as evidence

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I shared this earlier in the internet culture warriors thread but it's along the same lines. These are the actual photos the Post used for this article.

New York Post, May 23:

Comedian Tyler Fischer claims he was rejected by agent for being white

A white comedian claims he was rejected by a Big Apple management company because of his skin color.
Brooklyn funnyman Tyler Fischer, 35, was trying to find a talent manager in October 2020 when he first connected with AGI Entertainment Media & Management, a Manhattan outfit that reps comedians Samantha Bee and Colin Quinn, television host Julie Chen and journalist Natalie Morales.
“I was ready to sign the papers … and that’s when the conversation took a turn,” he said.
AGI assistant Alex Brizel said, ” ‘We love you. Everyone here loves you and thinks you’re a star, but we’re not taking you because you’re white.’ And that’s when my stomach dropped,” alleged Fischer, who is now suing the company for discrimination in Brooklyn Supreme Court.

“He said, ‘Would you want to audition for ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm?’ All these shows that I love and so it sounded like they wanted to work with [me],” Fischer told The Post.
Months went by and nothing happened, said Fischer, who said he was “kind of just waiting by the phone.
Then AGI finally called.
“My therapist always said, ‘Make sure you get things recorded,’ so I hit ‘record,'” during the phone call, which he took while in his podcast studio.
“I think I said something like, ‘So you guys like me, you want to work with me, you know I’ve got what it takes, but the only reason is because I’m white?’ And he said, ‘Yeah.’”

“I have endless people reaching out to me privately saying, ‘This happened to me. I’m too afraid to speak out.’ I had an acting agent reach out the other day who said, ‘You have no idea how bad it is. They’re not hiding it,’ ” he said.

Fischer has since hired manager Jon Fatigate, who helped him book a role on the Daily Wire film “Terror on the Prairie” with actress Gina Carano. 
Fischer, who is seeking unspecified damages, said, “I’m hoping this can draw some attention to getting back to why are we putting race and gender and pronouns and all this before who’s qualified for the job.”

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The editor thing specifically feels like it's too much work to explain why your story sucks truckloads of rear end so I'll just say society can't handle it right now.

It's always funny when these guys have stories of being passed on a promotion, a job, a grant, a college application, etc. because in their story the person always comes up, takes them aside, and goes "uh you're qualified, actually you're even more qualified than the other guy, whose test scores I'm going to show you now, but we have decided not to pick you solely because you are white and they are not white." It's cool as hell they never have to read between the lines or recognize the patterns or make shaky assumptions, the dude always just tells them!

Vib Rib has a new favorite as of 06:30 on Jul 25, 2022

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
E: doublepost

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I shared this earlier in the internet culture warriors thread but it's along the same lines. These are the actual photos the Post used for this article.

New York Post, May 23:

A white comedian claims he was rejected by a Big Apple management company because of his skin color.
Brooklyn funnyman Tyler Fischer, 35, was trying to find a talent manager in October 2020 when he first connected with AGI Entertainment Media & Management, a Manhattan outfit that reps comedians Samantha Bee and Colin Quinn, television host Julie Chen and journalist Natalie Morales.
“I was ready to sign the papers … and that’s when the conversation took a turn,” he said.
AGI assistant Alex Brizel said, ” ‘We love you. Everyone here loves you and thinks you’re a star, but we’re not taking you because you’re white.’ And that’s when my stomach dropped,” alleged Fischer, who is now suing the company for discrimination in Brooklyn Supreme Court.

“He said, ‘Would you want to audition for ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm?’ All these shows that I love and so it sounded like they wanted to work with [me],” Fischer told The Post.
Months went by and nothing happened, said Fischer, who said he was “kind of just waiting by the phone.
Then AGI finally called.
“My therapist always said, ‘Make sure you get things recorded,’ so I hit ‘record,'” during the phone call, which he took while in his podcast studio.
“I think I said something like, ‘So you guys like me, you want to work with me, you know I’ve got what it takes, but the only reason is because I’m white?’ And he said, ‘Yeah.’”

“I have endless people reaching out to me privately saying, ‘This happened to me. I’m too afraid to speak out.’ I had an acting agent reach out the other day who said, ‘You have no idea how bad it is. They’re not hiding it,’ ” he said.

Fischer has since hired manager Jon Fatigate, who helped him book a role on the Daily Wire film “Terror on the Prairie” with actress Gina Carano. 
Fischer, who is seeking unspecified damages, said, “I’m hoping this can draw some attention to getting back to why are we putting race and gender and pronouns and all this before who’s qualified for the job.”

are you telling me this guy is having trouble getting paid to make jokes???
https://twitter.com/TyTheFisch/status/1551300664516558849

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

My gender is [surprised ghost]

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Tag yourself, I'm the lobster.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Pretty sure he's pure 🆔 actually

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain

GreenMetalSun posted:

I didn't realize Jorp posted on here.

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016
https://twitter.com/justinwhang/status/1551427045644816385?s=21&t=SxH8pNEwNB-kmFhWsV6byg

Oh my god, these fanboys are pathetic

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

FSD still not ready... elon must not be ejaculating enough

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

GreenMetalSun posted:

I claim the disco ball.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Kevin DuBrow posted:

New York Post, May 23:

Then AGI finally called.

Ugh, looks like someone said some words a little woke snowflake doesn't like and now it's time for cancelling.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Pretty sure that dude was rejected for looking like a bum. I feel like I can smell him through my phone.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
his eyes are too close together for that beard

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

“willing to work in a daily wire film” SHOULD immediately disqualify you for working for any other “normal” company.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Yeah, that capstone of “but he’s working with the actor who torpedoed their lucrative Disney prospects for being a right-wing shitheal” says a lot

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
they prob just preferred to say "yeah it's cuz your white", instead of actually bothering to explain why he sucks to be around.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Light Gun Man posted:

they prob just preferred to say "yeah it's cuz your white", instead of actually bothering to explain why he sucks to be around.

My guess is that the conversation went something like

quote:

Brizel: Look, obviously everyone here thinks you have great potential, but we don't have a spot for you right now. Sorry.
Fischer: Is this because I'm white!?
Brizel: ...
Brizel: Yeah. It's because you're white. :rolleyes:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
exactly

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Being called a "funnyman" in this day and age feels like an extremely savage insult. It's not a case of finding synonyms for "comedian" to spice up your article, you want the world to know "this guy sucks".

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Light Gun Man posted:

I think this is true lol.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

That guys twitter is painfully unfunny. This dude is just another right wing "comedian" trying to cash in on the outrage grift.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Oh my god there's more

https://twitter.com/kimpossiblefact/status/1551421890408824832?s=20&t=rk3IHZE12aWYghHXQx_blQ

And of course he's full on into crypto

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
if you know nothing and you're already gagging before you go down i doubt you know how to give a good bj to daddy musk either

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

"banksy cover artist"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

gbut posted:

"banksy cover artist"

That's actually funny enough he definitely stole it from someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

there's speculation the joyce carol oates tweet is related to this and that she made the tweet based on hearsay (in that they didn't tell her what the subject matter is): https://twitter.com/eoinhiggins_/status/1551202462664691713?s=21&t=sY-kAiMGT93tJh9v8R2jeA