Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Pinning my legally actionable tweet to make sure everyone sees it

216: the number of £s she will have left after getting sued

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I wish I hadn't looked at her twitter. She seems genuinely deranged, and I can't believe she's going to be getting much work after this.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
Unsurprising. Never met anyone who worked in advertising or an advertising-adjacent field who wasn’t certifiably psychopathic.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

There isn't strictly anything stopping you from saying please and thankyou to the robot except your own self consciousness.

You say that, but I still haven't worked out how to make the Google voice assistant switch off with a voice command after telling it to do something, literally anything other than thanking it just gets ignored.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Even bleaker lol at Labour:

https://twitter.com/rachshabi/status/1551472029697818624?s=21&t=BZ_9mzY5tPW_SG9qrmZayw

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1551470574211399688?s=21&t=BZ_9mzY5tPW_SG9qrmZayw

They're actually, genuinely going to try to out-austerity the Tories, the deranged little freaks.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Ugh. Saying to my partner "hey we should try satisfactory as its got coop" at 10pm last night... Bad idea.

We forced ourselves to stop making insane conveyor belts at 4am. I have meetings in 13 min and I'm just standing in the bathroom looking like a zombie, thinking about the base layout.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
"no, more austerity!"

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Mebh posted:

Ugh. Saying to my partner "hey we should try satisfactory as its got coop" at 10pm last night... Bad idea.

We forced ourselves to stop making insane conveyor belts at 4am. I have meetings in 13 min and I'm just standing in the bathroom looking like a zombie, thinking about the base layout.

You know when you've truely gone down the satisfactory hole when you're on the input/output site trying to maximise what you can get out of your T2 mines so you don't have slack on your factory floor.

Then you realise. It is you who is the capitalist.

I love satisfactory, make sure to find and pet a lizard doggo.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao it's real https://twitter.com/GBNews_UK/status/1551300577514102786

edit: but the account is a fake one, bah

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Meanwhile Britain's smartest idiot says you should vote Truss because she's a cheapskate https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/status/1551459390502440960

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Big lol.

Tbh this is surprising to me, I would have assumed the Rees-Mogg summer menu was more like the dinner party from Society

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jul 25, 2022

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

The Perfect Element posted:

I wish I hadn't looked at her twitter. She seems genuinely deranged, and I can't believe she's going to be getting much work after this.
IDK, “got silenced for calling Corbyn an antisemite” is probably a core requirement for a journalist’s CV nowadays.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Oh look, if it isn't the consequences of my own actions.
Oh well, it's only 20k.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Tesseraction posted:

edit: but the account is a fake one, bah

It's still real to me dammit.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TACD posted:

IDK, “got silenced for calling Corbyn an antisemite” is probably a core requirement for a journalist’s CV nowadays.

"Getting fired for leaving your employer exposed to legal action" isn't.

Bumfluff
Jun 19, 2008

Bumfluff!
It's me, Mabel!
I'm looking at you through the av!
Right here!
This is my voice!
I'm talking to you from inside!

I've been in three different hospitals over three days and in two of them they brought round free tea, coffee and biscuits for you as you wait. Is this a thing now?

Nothing serious, toddler pulled an elbow, took her to a UTC near us, they couldn't sort it, sent us to an A&E, they couldn't sort it so got admitted over night as they might have had to go in to theatre in morning. I popped it back in by accident while I put her dress on next morning. Now I'm in an immunology dept in another hospital for a follow-up allergy appt from before covid.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bumfluff posted:

Nothing serious, toddler pulled an elbow, took her to a UTC near us, they couldn't sort it, sent us to an A&E, they couldn't sort it so got admitted over night as they might have had to go in to theatre in morning. I popped it back in by accident while I put her dress on next morning.

lol this happened to me as a toddler too - although in this case shoulder.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Bumfluff posted:

free tea, coffee and biscuits for you as you wait

This is why the NHS is on its knees!!!!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Just attempt to try to picture the mindset that considers putting pen to paper to deliver this sick burn.

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

smellmycheese posted:

Just attempt to try to picture the mindset that considers putting pen to paper to deliver this sick burn.

We really are a uniquely diseased population

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Same energy as yanks celebrating their incredible victory over the British in the 1812 war. For those not up on history: we saw it as a sideshow to our war with Napoleon.

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."

Darth Walrus posted:

The commissions editor for Guardian Labs (the Guardian's advertorial section) had a spectacular Twitter meltdown that may have got her and her company into some fairly significant legal trouble.

https://twitter.com/aaronbastani/status/1551470844144238593?s=21&t=BZ_9mzY5tPW_SG9qrmZayw

The worst thing about these kinds of feelings is people who had them - that is that Corbyn was so racist their lives would have been (indeed have been!) dramatically effected had he won - have absolutely nothing to say for how black/brown/Muslim Britons feel after the country keeps returning a racist party that has explicitly told us it wants to revoke fundamental rights (among myriad other things). While I'm sure the feelings are real the risk was miniscule. The risk so much graver for someone called Abdullah who might have a parent with an Indian passport.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hong XiuQuan posted:

The worst thing about these kinds of feelings is people who had them - that is that Corbyn was so racist their lives would have been (indeed have been!) dramatically effected had he won - have absolutely nothing to say for how black/brown/Muslim Britons feel after the country keeps returning a racist party that has explicitly told us it wants to revoke fundamental rights (among myriad other things). While I'm sure the feelings are real the risk was miniscule. The risk so much graver for someone called Abdullah who might have a parent with an Indian passport.

Yes but those people deserve it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jul/25/britains-great-unretirement-cost-of-living-drives-older-people-back-to-work

quote:

Britain’s ‘great unretirement’: cost of living drives older people back to work

Uncertainty and fear said to be behind increase in over-50s working or looking for work

gj voting for the leopards eating peoples' faces, guys

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Massive I'm-the-main-character you-cannot-criticise-me-if-I-am-crying energy here, even down to the actually-I-got-nothing at the end. :discourse:

Hong XiuQuan posted:

the risk was miniscule

That's buying into their framing. The risk was 0.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Looks like Virgin Media poo poo the bed in the Reading area, so :rip: to all the goons there who cannot post atm.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Only Kindness posted:

That's buying into their framing. The risk was 0.
That's why they have to pretend that the stakes were so high. It's never "they would have some problematic opinions and say some dodgy things, which in a stochastic manner might lead to a couple more hate speech incidents in the street", even if that's something within the bounds of possibility of happening with some of the more George Galloway types. Instead it's always full "they would do a second Holocaust" because no matter how non-existent the risk, the stakes are so high.

It's the centrist version of Alex Jones style "okay so the Republican candidate isn't perfect, but Hillary eats babies and drinks their blood and dances on the leftover babies" It's loving nonsense but it would be terrible if it were even slightly true so you keep banging on about it.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Bumfluff posted:

I've been in three different hospitals over three days and in two of them they brought round free tea, coffee and biscuits for you as you wait. Is this a thing now?

This is the UKMT and nobody has asked what sort of biscuits yet? SMDH.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Tesseraction posted:

Looks like Virgin Media poo poo the bed in the Reading area, so :rip: to all the goons there who cannot post atm.

Feeling smug with my superior non-Virgin Media 6mbit broadband

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bumfluff posted:

Nothing serious, toddler pulled an elbow, took her to a UTC near us, they couldn't sort it, sent us to an A&E, they couldn't sort it so got admitted over night as they might have had to go in to theatre in morning. I popped it back in by accident while I put her dress on next morning. Now I'm in an immunology dept in another hospital for a follow-up allergy appt from before covid.

Ah nursemaids elbow, the inevitable consequence of trying to get a child to do anything or go anywhere if they decide to go in a different direction. An orthopedic surgeon I worked with told me how much he loved when kids came in with this because he could turn hysterical child into perfectly-fine child with the slightest application of pressure. I think he may have been basking in the adulation from the mums as well.

Never got tea and biscuit trolley in A&E though - aren't the NHS worried about the perverse incentive of people dislocating their kids just to get a nice brew and a Mikado?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I'm still blacklisted with Virgin after they tried to trick me into paying 3 more months in a 9-month student broadband contract :haw:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

no reading just posting

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
It's also really gross how that guardian journo and her supporters repeatedly say stuff like 'have fun insulting a Jewish girl' to their detractors, thus implying that literally any opposition to what they're saying is also inherently anti semitic. Again, either just completely insane, or something done in incredibly bad faith.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Dabir posted:

no reading just posting

Reading is my favourite hobby, and one day I hope to visit it.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
https://twitter.com/LiamThorpECHO/status/1551504160872435715

wtf is a distinctively british economy

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Perfect Element posted:

Again, either just completely insane, or something done in incredibly bad faith.

It's the latter. I suppose on a societal level it's insane that we don't run people who employ this kind of argumentation into the sea, but on a personal level it's very sane to cynically deploy idpol special pleading to shield their indefensible hate-mongering from any criticism.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Makes me think of this op-ed about how Starmer is squandering his opportunity to push for a bolder vision beyond slogans, putting at least some of the blame on the Blairites' ideology preventing him from tacking left https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jul/22/labour-tory-leadership-keir-starmer-conservative

Which pairs well with this one about the fall of Draghi in Italy and how it was primarily brought about by his unwillingness to not rule as a technocrat https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2022/jul/24/italy-mario-draghi-europe-eu-far-right

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
BRITAIN IN THE WORLD
SECURITY PROSPERITY RESPECT
CONTROLS ON IMMIGRATION
A FAIR DEAL FOR BUSINESSES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!