Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

it owns that less than a year ago WWE stans all had to take the position that NXT 1.0 and HHH were actually bad booking and that NXT 2.0 is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that khan guy is a little twep who sucks and seemed like he was really doing something but it was all fake. and so is the wwe co-ceo!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

here sweats the moneyyyyyy

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Hedgehog Pie posted:

NXT Svalbard back on.

Bad news for the New Vicious Viking Raiders

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
Stock going up. Sell imminent.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

xbilkis posted:

Triple H consolidating more and more power, finally enjoying the fruits of his long-term corporate maneuvering even after it appeared all hope was lost, until the story on Vince breaks and the company decides it's a liability to have the husband of the woman who led a "Thank you Vince" chant in July 2022 as a top executive

Every McMahon is forced out of the company so Trips and Khan can just run it together. Dudes rock.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

bladeworksmaster posted:

Self quoting because someone in my Discord servers did it.

Can't wait for NXT Greece

LanceBurrito
Jan 6, 2013
Ricochet finally having a good day at work.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I guess Fightful posted an article on it, but the only real notable thing they added to it was that USA Network/NBCU in particular is incredibly excited about the change in creative direction.

And I imagine FOX probably is happy as well, considering they originally brokered the Smackdown TV deal with Stephanie, Triple H, and Nick.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lol at the idea that NBC handed WWF a billion dollars and has just kind of watched on for the past several years rubbing their temples and going "Jesus christ this is the product we paid for"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1551564692660920323

Whoospie daisy

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
If he hadn't resigned, I imagine stockholders would have revolted and found a way to toss him out, humiliating him.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

DarkstarIV posted:

If he hadn't resigned, I imagine stockholders would have revolted and found a way to toss him out, humiliating him.

I thought there was very specifically no such way

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It also notes WWE “has also received, and may receive in the future, regulatory, investigative and enforcement inquiries, subpoenas, or demands arising from, related to, or in connection with these matters.” LOL

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

projecthalaxy posted:

In theory, yes. But as MRT mentioned, the SEC would likely get involved at that point. One of the biggest ways to get the SEC on your rear end is to gently caress with other (rich) people's money. If an actual criminal investigation opens up, Vince might actually be spooked enough to offload all of his stock to someone like Stephanie.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

I guess Fightful posted an article on it, but the only real notable thing they added to it was that USA Network/NBCU in particular is incredibly excited about the change in creative direction.

And I imagine FOX probably is happy as well, considering they originally brokered the Smackdown TV deal with Stephanie, Triple H, and Nick.

Lol so literally everybody knew Vince was completely cooked and a massive liability and just let it ride until now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

What Vince did was a violation of his employment contract with WWE and would be grounds for board termination which would have led to a wild showdown if it got that far.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just slipping it in that SEC filing that the hush money payments with company money were real lol

edit: but hey look over here! HHH! *jangling keys*

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
lmao

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

Ladies and Gentlemen....we got em

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1551570518263857154

Variety picked it up and noted this:

quote:

(including amounts paid and payable in the future)

Deferring money like it's a baseball contract.

Laffo

quote:

“the company expects to conclude that its internal control over financial reporting was not effective as a result of one or more material weaknesses.”

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 25, 2022

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
so this is the big monday news that forced Vince out?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealityWarCriminal posted:

This seems likely, unless something else even more terrible comes out.

...Which I can't honestly rule out at this point! :v:

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
A billionaire taken down for using company funds for his hush money payments instead of selling some shares and using those proceeds

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Being a literal rapist: fine
Paying off your victims with company money and not properly accounting for it so the stock price is artificially inflated by a couple bucks: death penalty

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
:capitalism:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Sigma posted:

A billionaire taken down for using company funds for his hush money payments instead of selling some shares and using those proceeds

he would have to notify the SEC of a stock sale. which isnt that uncommon, Steph sold a bunch last year, but still.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Personal opinion: This is something Vince could sweep under the rug if he was still in charge. So no, I think there's something bigger happening.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

he would have to notify the SEC of a stock sale. which isnt that uncommon, Steph sold a bunch last year, but still.

He sold a bunch to finance the XFL.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I tell you what, it is adorable that some people think that the company will get SEC fines or an investigation. I’ve come across a few already and most of them are European

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I love how excited people who have to watch WWE for their job are. Even an incremental improvement is gonna be meaningful for these poor souls.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Is there an undercurrent implication that WWE may have been cooking the books or am I grossly misreading the situation?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Surely the investors will be pissed about this one and the stock price will tumble!

Literally the highest stock price sinc 3 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3_PPdjD6mg

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Since they’re a public company they have government required quarterly filings where they have to disclose income and expenses. These statements allow investors to make informed decisions on the value of the stock. Not being truthful would be some sort of fraud against investors

If WWE was still a private company Vince and company could do whatever they wanted to account for these expenses and it wouldn’t have mattered

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, company executives can't just open their Robin Hood app and sell some stock. They have to notify the SEC ahead of time with how much and when they intend to sell.

Lid posted:

Is there an undercurrent implication that WWE may have been cooking the books or am I grossly misreading the situation?
That's the implication, at least!

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Astro7x posted:

Surely the investors will be pissed about this one and the stock price will tumble!

Maybe the stock buying people DO know that Vince is actually poo poo.

EDIT: No, it's just because they think it's now more likely the company will get sold.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

They basically saying that their books are wrong and there wasn't proper oversight but it's not really a big deal because these payouts would seem minor in the grand scheme of things if they were reported as they happened. Which isn't true because half of those payments went to one person so it wasn't all spread out!

El Generico posted:

Maybe the stock buying people DO know that Vince is actually poo poo.

They think there is going to be a sale. And there might have to be if the investigation goes much further or Vince gets indicted. Probably not good if the biggest shareholder is on trial!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Emf gonna be eating good tonight

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I can't believe I get to see Vince die in prison. I hope Bret is thrilled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Suplex Liberace posted:

Emf gonna be eating good tonight

wait I thought he was betting on the price falling