Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Platystemon posted:

SirPablo posted:

A sky harbor is where planes dock?

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.

Pryor on Fire posted:

I have never really been on a pleasure boat but just observing from land it seems like most boat people drive the boat out a few feet and then drink heavily while not moving or maybe driving the boat in circles. Sometimes they jump in the water or do water skiing but this is extremely rare.

can confirm this is how you boat

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Enfys posted:

lol of course americans have made harbors in the desert

Phoenix is full of them

They’re all going to be excellent dirt bike race courses in 10, 15 years. There’s one out near Livermore in CA that’s already dried up and filled with dead plants and rattlesnakes.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Pryor on Fire posted:

I have never really been on a pleasure boat but just observing from land it seems like most boat people drive the boat out a few feet and then drink heavily while not moving or maybe driving the boat in circles. Sometimes they jump in the water or do water skiing but this is extremely rare.

Don't forget jet ski owners whose favorite pastime is making public recreation areas unusable for anyone swimming or in an unpowered craft.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Elephanthead posted:

you’re missing boat sex but otherwise you got boat ownership besides the never ending maintenance costs.

It’s this.

Waterskiing is a distraction. Pleasure boats are far older than such sports.

They’re status symbols, and people have been drinking and loving on increasingly shiny boats for as long as we’ve had booze and boats.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1550973836753080321
https://twitter.com/dskorobutov/status/1550973496397897732
https://twitter.com/dskorobutov/status/1550975449123143685
https://twitter.com/DemeryUK/status/1550973639645880321

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

a boat is a hole in the water you throw money into and occasionally you go in the hole and bang

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Pryor on Fire posted:

this matches my observations as well but doing so in a 150ft wide pond seems too dumb for even Americans. Guess not lol

NGL the solitude of being out on the open sea really appeals to me, maybe not everyone shares this interest though

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If I had a boat I'd buy some very cheap fishing gear from Walmart then take the boat out "fishing" but I'd really just be drinking

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

If I had a boat I'd buy some very cheap fishing gear from Walmart then take the boat out "fishing" but I'd really just be drinking

the best fishing trips are when you don't even put a hook on the end of the line and just pretend to fish while day drinking so this checks out

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
It's pyrocumulus season again!

https://twitter.com/Technically_J/status/1551065451567796225

:unsmigghh:

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This year looking good for medicanes

https://twitter.com/US_Stormwatch/status/1550967976395845632

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The good news is that the invasive Red Sea species that have colonized the Mediterranean Sea in the Lessepsisn Migration are so ready for this.

:yayclod:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Why is the fire up there? Stupid fire.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
99% of people experience weather on land, NEXT!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7003958882032766213

looks like theres heaps of cool new footage for another one of these

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

this friday

next friday

:rip: south dakota, nebraska, iowa

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Oglethorpe posted:

this friday

next friday

:rip: south dakota, nebraska, iowa

computer show me where food is grown

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Koirhor posted:

computer show me where food is grown

was

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Eat poo poo corn

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Eat poo poo corn

about to become popcorn

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol goddamn, that sucks

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

i'm the patch of Colorado hooting and hollering in a cool 52F the whole two weeks

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I'm hypernormalizing the derealization

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
GFS will nail those crazy high temps somewhere eventually.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

duluth stays winning. i may have to bring a sweater for my camping trip next week :yayclod:

TACD posted:

i'm the patch of Colorado hooting and hollering in a cool 52F the whole two weeks

believe it or not there's places in colorado that have snow all year!*

*for now lol

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Yea it's amazing what the weather is like at 14,000 feet.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

we’ll just build all our cities on stilts

cooler temps, sea rise no issue

bing bong

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

TACD posted:

I hear the tops of mountains can be pretty cold.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

It's been unusually wet in colorado this summer too, which hopefully won't backfire when it stops raining next month and all the fresh greenery catches on fire

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TACD posted:

arent you supposed to be a glacier?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

we’ll just build all our cities on stilts

cooler temps, sea rise no issue

bing bong

dark jetsons reboot

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

i already had to check a map to figure out that rectangle was colorado and not wyoming, one Wikipedia visit per shitpost is my hard limit

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

the bitcoin of weed posted:

It's been unusually wet in colorado this summer too, which hopefully won't backfire when it stops raining next month and all the fresh greenery catches on fire

I think we all know how this one goes. Reminds me of California a few years ago, which gave us the lovely Camp fire and other big hits

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

these summer afternoon downbursts are so pleasant. love to watch an inch of rain fall in 20 mins and see the sun come back out while theres still thunder cracking

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Real hurthling! posted:

these summer afternoon downbursts are so pleasant. love to watch an inch of rain fall in 20 mins and see the sun come back out while theres still thunder cracking

our area is rushing into the "climate of Charleston, SC" scenario. it was supposed to happen in 2030!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tropical new york gonna own. sadly the new shoreline will be on 3rd avenue

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

TACD posted:

condolences on living in grand junction lol

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

You know what they say about Grand Junction: at least it's not Greeley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Elephanthead posted:

you’re missing boat sex but otherwise you got boat ownership besides the never ending maintenance costs.

the jizz just washes right out of the scuppers

Special Water Operation is proceeding according to plan