Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It’s still pretty bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Replaying the old expansions with my new Warlock makes me wonder what I thought of it back when I first started in Shadowkeep. This Memory of Vell Tarlowe mission to kill strong enemies in Nightmare Hunts with melee abilities sucks.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Vasudus posted:

Hopefully the stasis stuff isn’t too annoying to get, it looks cool.

I'm so sorry.

My advice is to get an exotic cipher from xur and use it to pull Agere's Scepter from the exotic kiosk asap. It's a fun fun and it makes grinding the Stasis fragment quests in strikes significantly faster and less annoying.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If you focus your Solstice Armor for your Class Ability Stat (Mob/Res/Rec) and use your ghost armor mod for another stat in the Mob/Res/Rec trio, it seems to "force" the armor into being a very high stat roll, since the sum of Mob/Res/Rec tries to = the sum of Int/Disc/Str

My Resilience/Recovery Armor has been like 65 to 67 and my Resilience/Discipline has been like 60 to 63

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Shadowkeep (AKA “Skeep”) was pretty bad in retrospect. I can’t even remember if there was a real big bad guy at the end. Was it just a nightmare of Ghaul or something? Bungie must have been in rough shape getting that one out the door.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The end boss of the shadowkeep campaign was 3 nightmares, all of which you fought repeatedly in the nightmare hunt activity. And a cutscene where a clone of your guardian says something mysterious and menacing which didn’t land very well because everyone’s guardian looks like a colorblind punk

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

DancingShade posted:

I got one of those crucible rapid stasis fusions with auto loading holster and chill clip. I stared at it and went "huh" then gave it a gold border so I wouldn't accidentally delete it later.

there's a button you can press to 'lock' a piece of gear to prevent that!

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

During shadowkeep i think i spent most of the year doing crucible but i rather liked the vex invasions on the moon. I remember almost nothing else about the year til arrivals.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
For a void hunter I recommend 100 mobility (you can get 20 from powerful friends) and 100 resilience; the only thing which threatens you is getting clocked by a one-shot in the instant it takes for enemies to lose track of your location when re-entering stealth, and mobility makes it easier to keep that 100% stealth uptime loop going.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Hulk Krogan posted:

I'm so sorry.

My advice is to get an exotic cipher from xur and use it to pull Agere's Scepter from the exotic kiosk asap. It's a fun fun and it makes grinding the Stasis fragment quests in strikes significantly faster and less annoying.

I have a cipher, though from what I do not know. I do need an ascendant shard to get it I think so I'm a ways off.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Astrochicken posted:

I remember almost nothing else about the year til arrivals.

Season of the Undying: Vex poo poo is happening on the moon, run the one activity over and over again. A lot of tedious triumphs involving different loadouts in the one activity. Ikora is building a cool thing that turns out to change the end boss of the one activity. Crawling around in the Tower ductwork to earn Leviathan's Breath was fun at least

Season of Dawn: Vex poo poo is happening on Mercury. An activity where you chase the Cabal through time, which is at least more varied than the activity from the previous season. An ARG that leads to a pretty cool mission to earn Bastion. The seasonal grind turns out to be working up to the return of Trials.

Season of the Worthy: Rasputin poo poo is happening on a lot of planets, except it's the exact same secret base on each one. A public event that transitioned from "overtuned" to "impossible for non-sweaties" midway through the season. The first attempt at high-difficulty Lost Sectors, which were pretty tedious. Felwinter's Lie takes over the crucible meta. This season was really bad and a lot of people quit or went on a break by the end. Also the Tower almost got smashed, if you sat around in the game for two hours to watch it happen

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

haveblue posted:

It’s still pretty bad

It’s honestly not too bad the first time around.

The second time you do it it’s super tedious.

The third time is genuinely awful.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mattavist posted:

Shadowkeep (AKA “Skeep”) was pretty bad in retrospect. I can’t even remember if there was a real big bad guy at the end. Was it just a nightmare of Ghaul or something? Bungie must have been in rough shape getting that one out the door.

It’s important to remember that while
Shadowkeep was total rear end in many ways, it also brought a lot of good mechanical changes to the game, such as champions and the entire armor mod/stat system

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Sk was bungies first post -Activision stuff iirc, it was expected to be a little lackluster

Season of arrivals was really darn good though, probably their best individual season alongside splicer

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Stasis Quests hit a little different at the time they were released, since it was during a pandemic and we all had to stay at home

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Needing to grind for aspects and fragments with an incomplete class was the worst part for me.

You can stack up the fragments quests between weekly resets to complete several at a time, and the fragments stay unlocked between classes.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Was Shadowkeep (Skeep) the first time Pyramids were really seen? My first time playing D2 was mainly when that came out, so I wasn't too familiar with any lore but it seemed really impressive to me.

I played that campaign, then shortly later the Mars one, then Red War, Forsaken, and whatever the Mercury one was so my lore understanding was all over the place.

3DBlast
Oct 9, 2012
You got a brief glimpse of the fleet of Pyramids slowly creeping towards the solar system at the end of the Red War but Skeep was the first time we saw one up close.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
That was a great moment too, I was not expecting to see the pyramid at all

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I really enjoyed Season of Dawn. You get to rescue Saint 14 and he headbutts a lot of bad guys. You get a headbutt finisher. I thought it was fitting to play a Titan for that season.

Season of the Worthy was mediocre but we got some cool Seraph weapons and very strong Warmind Cell builds that weren’t nerfed for like a year.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Mattavist posted:

I think it was a boss rush against the Fanatic, Ghaul and some other old boss before we got spat out into the Black Garden for a cutscene.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh, so apparently Stasis is heavily time gated *still* and only unlocks on a per-character basis. So if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it once until they change it because I'm not playing that grind game.

If you were going to do it, what class would you do it on?

Or should I just not think too hard about it. Right now I'm doing strikes for gear, maybe gonna try a Nightfall. 1515 light right now.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Vasudus posted:

Oh, so apparently Stasis is heavily time gated *still* and only unlocks on a per-character basis. So if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it once until they change it because I'm not playing that grind game.

Or should I just not think too hard about it. Right now I'm doing strikes for gear, maybe gonna try a Nightfall. 1515 light right now.

If you're only going to do it once, just do it on whatever class you play the most.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Warlock. Stasis warlocks throw down at all levels of content, in both PvE and PvP

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

the time-gated part of stasis is not per-character, you can use those bits on anyone once you have them. having to do the rest of it per-character still sucks even after they shortened the grind.

Making you use the subclass sans all of its power before you’re allowed to use the actual subclass was a great way to make stasis feel lovely and weaker than your existing subclasses, and I imagine it’s even worse now that light subclasses have been fancified.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Vasudus posted:

your most played class *or* Warlock (they can do some cool poo poo with stasis)

you'll want to pick a main anyway, alts are fine and good for raids or farming or ib week but playing all three classes heavily is insanity

if you're on the discord lemme know, I'd be happy to come chill with you for an evening and answer questions

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Stasis warlock is the most flexible, you have good tools for both PVP and PVE (stasis turret is a game-changer in endgame PVE)

Stasis hunter will make everyone in PVP hate you

Stasis titan is pretty dead, especially with the light 3.0 subclasses

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Stasis titan can absolutely still put in work in PvE but in crucible it’s a pretty miserable time

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Alright yeah I'm a Titan (with a Warlock alt that I kinda dicked around with but went back to Titan) so I'll just do that on the Warlock later. I'm still in my dicking around phase since I just got into this three days ago. I really do like Arc stuff though (I've always been a sucker for lighting-based abilities) so the Arc 3.0 stuff should be exciting. I used that Arc SMG you get from the story for a huge portion of the game so far.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If it's any consolation, you have to unlock access to stasis for each character by doing the campaign, but the stasis aspects* and fragments are account wide.

Which is weird because they made the void and solar ones per-character unlocks, at least on my wife's account.

* As in there are different ones for each class obviously, but unlocking the first aspect on Warlock unlocks the first one for Titan and Hunter, and so on. Fragments you unlock are available cross-class.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The wellspring activity gives 9 leaves if you have a full armor set on. Pretty quick if its a defend day and you dont have to sit on the stupid slow rear end triangle for no good reason.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Does defend still bug out where one of the wizards escapes to the heavens?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Does pole position work with the solstice armour glows?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Huh, so I've got an interesting problem.

So I looted the season armor and never put it all on to talk to the lady. I have 100 silver leaves. I can't go to the bonfire event to turn them to ash, because I haven't done the quest. I go to the NPC to do the questline and she offers me silver leaves as part of the reward. Which I can't take, because I am at cap for leaves. So I guess I have to delete my stack of 100 to complete the quest and actually do the seasonal events?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Not sure about the armor glows but it's pretty dramatic on the solstice sparrow. It's not obvious with the default color scheme, but that thing is covered with light-up bits that all go RGB with that shader.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Nope. Those are a separate effect.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Vasudus posted:

So I looted the season armor and never put it all on to talk to the lady. I have 100 silver leaves. I can't go to the bonfire event to turn them to ash, because I haven't done the quest. I go to the NPC to do the questline and she offers me silver leaves as part of the reward. Which I can't take, because I am at cap for leaves. So I guess I have to delete my stack of 100 to complete the quest and actually do the seasonal events?

Can you put them in your vault?

The deletion might be singles rather than the stack, but if you can't put it in the vault and it only deletes stacks, then you probably have to ditch the lot.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Vasudus posted:

Looks like it :/ The chances they'll hotfix this in the next two weeks are pretty low. Getting 100 silver leaves isn't actually that hard, at least, there are a couple of grind methods

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Are they cross-character? Could you start it on another character, spend a few there, then switch back to accept them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Kalli posted:

Are they cross-character? Could you start it on another character, spend a few there, then switch back to accept them?

Leaves are account wide so this should work