Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Helical Nightmares posted:

Really enjoying playing Raiden with Klee. Doing Overloaded every bomb throw is fun. Da da da.

Its cool. I hope burning + her strong pyro applications will be enough fuel for constant overloads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

For some reason I feel like the statement "you will feel the same way about Fischl's GAA quests as you do about Kingdom Hearts" is accurate. Not a fan, personally

e: Once you get past the puzzles the ending was pretty cute though

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 24, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Trying out some goofy poo poo with Archaic Petra, White Tassel, and a Cryo goblet. Turns out Petra isn't that bad if you're already using VV.

https://i.imgur.com/bGFz1kS.mp4

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Does anyone have a preferred YouTube channel or playlist for watching the cutscenes from old events? I'd like to see all the things I missed, but I keep finding videos where they keep all the running around and fighting for some reason, or else they include story quests that I did myself and don't need to rewatch.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

any fact-checkers?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The official channels for each language have the videos

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Lots of people say stuff like, going to 90 isn't worth it, crowning skills isn't worth it, it takes X days of resin for a ~5% damage boost. But I gotta say, when the info about the new strongboxes leaked I changed gears to full artifact farming mode to get 5* fodders. In that time all that I accomplished from a hard numbers perspective was marginally strengthening my 4th strongest severed fate set.

So I'll say, at some point getting to 90 and crowning has to be the most efficient use of resin. Especially considering that you get a decent amount of exp books for free from various sources.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
It's inefficient, but yeah if you have nothing else to spend your resin on then you might as well.
But you could also use that to level and gear up a new character you haven't used before etc etc so it depends on how much you value variety vs improving the one team you're married to.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

MoonCrab posted:

Lots of people say stuff like, going to 90 isn't worth it, crowning skills isn't worth it, it takes X days of resin for a ~5% damage boost. But I gotta say, when the info about the new strongboxes leaked I changed gears to full artifact farming mode to get 5* fodders. In that time all that I accomplished from a hard numbers perspective was marginally strengthening my 4th strongest severed fate set.

So I'll say, at some point getting to 90 and crowning has to be the most efficient use of resin. Especially considering that you get a decent amount of exp books for free from various sources.

The thing is you can actually hit an endpoint for XP and Skills, Artifacts are an evergrind. So once you have alright Artifacts it is way more useful to just cap out the other stuff.

Also generally when people talk about efficient Resin they are talking about when you are first getting a team together.
So it is about what order do you do each thing to get the most power out of limited resources. But at some point you can do any of it in any order cause you have 12 already set characters to carry the one you are putting resources into.

Really it just a matter of do you want to put the time/resources in.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

frajaq posted:

any fact-checkers?

'first and best friend'

This is Bennet erasure.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I wish I could erase Bennett.

Also once you have decent on-set artifacts leveling up is more efficient than artifacts IMO. There's some characters who get next to nothing from leveling or talent levels, like Gorou, but by and large getting 5% more crit rate isn't gonna be worth as much. And speaking personally while you can 36 star abyss with level 60/70 characters, the extra HP to not get two-shot by the big samurai sure makes it way less annoying to do so.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

source: out of boredom ive been clearing abyss with jank-rear end teams and i had to staple zhongli to my melt rosaria team just beacuse my rosaria is level 70 and kept getting bopped

Kale
May 14, 2010

Finally got a Heizou today. Only 4 star character I don't have now is Shinobu.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kale posted:

Finally got a Heizou today. Only 4 star character I don't have now is Shinobu.

I've been playing this game since launch and I somehow still do not have Sucrose

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
It's a little funny every time they reuse enemy models for actual characters. We're just casually talking to Agafya (twice our size) and Zakhar (four times our size).

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

How nice of Heizou to bring us beetles for his birthday. I'm gonna give them right back to him for ascension. :v:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Nyoro posted:

I've been playing this game since launch and I somehow still do not have Sucrose

I got Sucrose in like, my first newbie pull. Like 10 pulls away from the first guaranteed 5* but hey at least 4* luck seems decent :v:

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

frajaq posted:

any fact-checkers?

What do you mean fact-checker? That's the subtext.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

I wish I could erase Bennett.

Also once you have decent on-set artifacts leveling up is more efficient than artifacts IMO. There's some characters who get next to nothing from leveling or talent levels, like Gorou, but by and large getting 5% more crit rate isn't gonna be worth as much. And speaking personally while you can 36 star abyss with level 60/70 characters, the extra HP to not get two-shot by the big samurai sure makes it way less annoying to do so.

You're so cruel. Hasn't he suffered enough?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nyoro posted:

I managed to drop the game for the first time just before they gave everyone a free diona and now her and kuki are the only 4-stars I don't have.
It stings extra hard because she's like the only useful / must-have 4-star released post-launch.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Got Kazuha but wish I got Klee instead, adorable child unabomber is superior to boring samurai.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Counterpoint: Kazuha is actually fun to play. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

x1o posted:

Got Kazuha but wish I got Klee instead, adorable child unabomber is superior to boring samurai.
wait then why didnt you roll on her banner

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Klee is super fun to play! Eventually.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

frajaq posted:

between this and the latest ZZZ character tweet, fujos are eating good these days

You mean the furry that's going to print them money? Yeah I think Hoyoverse is fine moneywise.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

x1o posted:

I got Klee and I'm hoping to get a Kazuha before the banner ends. I won't, but I'm still rolling on it for the next 8 days. I'm running out of resin trying to level and gear all these characters, though.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I managed to drop the game for the first time just before they gave everyone a free diona and now her and kuki are the only 4-stars I don't have.
It stings extra hard because she's like the only useful / must-have 4-star released post-launch.

What makes
Kuki good?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Nyoro posted:

What makes
Kuki good?
They're saying Diona is good, not Kuki. (Diona is good because she's a healer, shielder, and cryo applier/battery and doesn't require much finesse, gear, or on-field time.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kuki will be good when dendro comes out because electro is getting huge buffs with dendro and shes the only electro healer

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Dori will be able to heal too, but probably not as well since it's only on her (80 cost) burst.

Shinobu's interesting because they clearly designed her with Dendro's release in mind, what with her EM scaling. But for a version or so she gets to be really mediocre, if filling a previously empty niche. And then once Dendro comes out, she'll no longer be the only Electro healer.

Speaking of healers, when are they gonna let Barbara, Noelle, and Qiqi generate energy particles?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly half the inazuma cast seems designed with 3.0 in mind. ayato's hp scaling makes more sense with the new hydro resonance, yae has the random em scaling due to dendro resonance, kuki exists, thoma will probably work better with the new craftable 'basically thrilling tales' spear.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder if we'll see a Def bow, spear and catalyst before Natlan.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
For those who care about beta leaks, Tighnari got giga-buffed. His charge attack after skill use is now .9 seconds faster - ie, he gets (half of) his C6 for free now!!! Most impactful buff I've ever seen in a beta. I don't think this is actually an enormous power level increase but he'll be fun to use now.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Shinobu is already good

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Finally pulled Kazuha, so now I get to be annoyed that I still haven't pulled Heizou yet. Him and Shinobu are the only 4 stars I don't have yet.

I wanna punch things goddamnit

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

Finally pulled Kazuha, so now I get to be annoyed that I still haven't pulled Heizou yet. Him and Shinobu are the only 4 stars I don't have yet.

I wanna punch things goddamnit

This!

I have gotten Klee and 2 Qiqi's now, but not a single Heizou...
statistically i should have gotten at least 4 of him now, but nooo.. here's a c20 ninguang for you >.<

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
The punchy anemo guy that's ironically the worst anemo at knocking dudes around.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Descar posted:

This!

I have gotten Klee and 2 Qiqi's now, but not a single Heizou...
statistically i should have gotten at least 4 of him now, but nooo.. here's a c20 ninguang for you >.<

My Yanfei went from a C0 to a C7 during the last banner so I feel that.

Like, I don't think I've pulled any of the 4 stars on this banner at all. It's been Kazuha, Qiqi, bunch of 4 star weapons and an Amber, and that's it

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

padijun posted:

Shinobu is already good

Yeah I was iffy on her at first but she's actually dope. Near 100% uptime on her healing (actually 100% with C2) and it ticks at a quick rate. Plus it's not locked into a stationary AoE. Makes her a super comfy healer.

Dendro will only make her better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Sanctum posted:

The punchy anemo guy that's ironically the worst anemo at knocking dudes around.
His charge attack and skill are both pretty good at knocking people away and his burst's solid at knocking people up, like obnoxiously up while you want to keep punching them.