Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Randalor posted:

I've been wracking my brain, but the only Night Lords graffiti that I can come up with that hasn't already been said is "Your face here" and "Organ Grinder". Apologies if someone else said those already and I just overlooked them.

Your face here with an arrow, is a really good one!
Got a few more:
Night errant
Rhythm of the Night
Lord and savior (Lord and Slayer?)
I want a piece of you
Love leather
Alone in the dark
Bad Medicine
Nightshift
Monsters Inc.

Also I tried my hand at a few and holy poo poo, I need to get new eyes... I think I'll look into decal printing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Randalor posted:

I've been wracking my brain, but the only Night Lords graffiti that I can come up with that hasn't already been said is "Your face here" and "Organ Grinder". Apologies if someone else said those already and I just overlooked them.

Your suggestion of "Organ Grinder" reminds me that the White Wolf TTRPG Orpheus had a supplement called The Orphan-Grinders. "Orphan Grinder" would also probably work as Night Lords graffiti.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

TONIGHT… YOU

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

TONIGHT… YOU

That's a very nice Alpharius mini you got there.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

TONIGHT… YOU

Which would also work as NL armour graffiti, especially if you give the mini in question the pointing Mk III Lightning Claw.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Yvonmukluk posted:

Which would also work as NL armour graffiti, especially if you give the mini in question the pointing Mk III Lightning Claw.

Eeeexcuuuuse meee!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
WELL EXCUSE ME EMPEROR

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

TONIGHT… YOU

What's that behind you? No really!

Haha made you look, hydra dominatus.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Eediot Jedi posted:

What's that behind you? No really!

Haha made you look, hydra dominatus.

I'm imagining the pettiest alpha legion warband ever

"Is the Golden Throne running?

THEN YOU'D BETTER GO CATCH IT, HYDRA DOMINATUS"

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Hi dra dominatus, I'm dad dominatus.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I think I see the current meta developing.

In other news I ordered some blank decal sheets for my printer! Will let you know guys how it goes.

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 24, 2022

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
I'm just not user friendly!

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

In other news I ordered some blank decal sheets for my printer! Will let you know guys how it goes.

Yeah, there's a reason I'm making a conscious decision not to buy any more dreads until errata confirms if they're intended to be this strong. (and the reason isn't just because this first dread has been even more of a nightmare to paint than the already bad infantry). They're cool, they're iconic, they fill a lot of roles... and they also remind me of playing Tau in 7th and the feelings on any suit bigger than a Hazard.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
OR, counterpoint....paint the dreads. Paint. The. Dreads.

And don't play all of them at once unless you NEED to be an absolute dick to someone?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Woof. I feel like FotA is going to turn out to be a paper tiger, although the Xyphon is criminally undercosted. Surprised it's happening at Warhammer World though, the biggest draw is that it's a really easy army to print.

Make sure to spray seal your decals after you print them! It basically the difference between success and an annoying failure.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

:siren::siren::siren: IMPORTANT THREAD ANNOUNCEMENT :siren::siren::siren:

The Pacific Northwest, home of the finest Heresy players on the planet, will play host to a 2v2 battle featuring me and forums poster Bulbasaur facing off against posting losers Hixson and Stanyer89.

This grudge match is a follow up to a shouting mad game we had a few weeks ago, where we C L O B B E R E D those dweebs 10-2.

This time around, in honor of the ancient Roman tradition, the losers will face
code:
P U B L I C H U M I L I A T I O N
as the victorious side will force them to go under the yoke. This game, and the
code:
D E V A S T A T I N G P U N I S H M E N T
will be live streamed this evening, enshrining this crushing embarrassment for all time.

Settle in, get shithoused, and watch two people crawl on their bellies like slugs for your amusement. Whomever loses, you win! Tonight!

Hey what happened????????? Why haven’t you posted an update????????? Did you get tabled and get in your car and drive away????? Perhaps leaving your teammate alone to fight a 1v2?????Hmmmm lots of unanswered questions here

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Looking for opinions on basing. I'm liking the rim of the drill so far, but there's a bit of open space and I'd like to... not have open space on there.

The rest of the bases are muddied battlefield entering into an industrial/city area. So light uses of barbed wire, lots of dead grass, mud, tank tracks, broken building chunks, etc.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

moths posted:

Woof. I feel like FotA is going to turn out to be a paper tiger, although the Xyphon is criminally undercosted. Surprised it's happening at Warhammer World though, the biggest draw is that it's a really easy army to print.

Make sure to spray seal your decals after you print them! It basically the difference between success and an annoying failure.

Its a paper tiger because normal people with normal lists will refuse to play it :laugh:

I also talked about the Xiphon before. Its good, but I don't think its criminally underpriced. It's gonna spend 2, possibly 3 turns on the table. It competes with the Jav, which costs about the same for a few less shots, but with better surviveability and board presence from turn 1 (and can come in from reserves in a few other ways)

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jul 25, 2022

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Major Spag posted:

This owns

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

moths posted:

I have read that sealing is not needed with laser printers? Should I seal anyway?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

moths posted:

When I last printed decals on an inkjet they came out really thick after the spray seal. Is it poor technique on my part or just a consequence of DIY decals?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I've never had any success printing decals with an inkjet, but I've clear coated the laser/ toner style and it worked pretty great.

I guess better advice would be to try that if whatever you're doing isn't working.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

moths posted:

I've never had any success printing decals with an inkjet, but I've clear coated the laser/ toner style and it worked pretty great.

I guess better advice would be to try that if whatever you're doing isn't working.

This echoes my experience. Even with the right inkjet paper they never turned out, but laser was cool and good

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Major Spag posted:

Those look excellent!

I have read that sealing is not needed with laser printers? Should I seal anyway?

You should probably put a layer of some sort of varnish over ANY decal, even if only to keep it from being damaged by handling.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Cessna posted:

You should probably put a layer of some sort of varnish over ANY decal, even if only to keep it from being damaged by handling.

Oh I varnish any surface where I put decals and varnish over as well. But apparently you need to spray varnish your decal SHEET once you print them, inkjet printed ones anyway.

Thanks for the advice guys. I have a laser printer, ordered both clear and white decal papers, will let you know how it goes!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Good luck! And sorry if I was unclear earlier, you'll want to spray the sheet after it's dry.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

moths posted:

Good luck! And sorry if I was unclear earlier, you'll want to spray the sheet after it's dry.

Piggybacking on this post because I worked as a printer technician for several years- it wasn’t clear if you were talking about inkjet or laser, but you’d only have to wait for drying on an inkjet style print. Laser printers work by melting (fusing -hence the part that regularly goes out called the Fuser) tiny plastic particles to the paper, so as long as the paper’s warm when it comes out, it will be “dry”. If it’s not, it’ll smudge and no amount of varnish will keep it in place.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Hixson posted:

Hey what happened????????? Why haven’t you posted an update????????? Did you get tabled and get in your car and drive away????? Perhaps leaving your teammate alone to fight a 1v2?????Hmmmm lots of unanswered questions here

I would think that maybe he should be calling you WARMASTER for a while, if he got dunked on that hard.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Apparently someone at a tournament in Brighton UK had an extra 500 points in their list

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Hurry up, battlescribe!

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Beerdeer posted:

Apparently someone at a tournament in Brighton UK had an extra 500 points in their list

I'd love to see their explanation for that.

Do people just not know how to point out a list on a piece of paper, or in Excel!?

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Having checked lists for RTTs back in the day where the only builder software available was Lone Wolf's classic jam... it is shocking how bad a large percentage of people are at supposedly basic math.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Having checked lists for RTTs back in the day where the only builder software available was Lone Wolf's classic jam... it is shocking how bad a large percentage of people are at supposedly basic math.

Generally deteriorating educational standards and the availability of calculators im everyone's pocket is probably to blame.

Bring in Chinese style maths drills I say.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I feel like the problem is going to be related to reserves or paying once for multiple instances of the same unit.

Very curious for more info, though.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Alright so I think I've settled on making an Iron Warriors army.

So with the 40 marines from the box I'm thinking 20 should be tactical squads with bolters and a support squad of rocket launchers but after that I'm unsure. I read a suggestion for auto cannon which could lead those units being iron havocs if those are any good.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Lucinice posted:

Alright so I think I've settled on making an Iron Warriors army.

So with the 40 marines from the box I'm thinking 20 should be tactical squads with bolters and a support squad of rocket launchers but after that I'm unsure. I read a suggestion for auto cannon which could lead those units being iron havocs if those are any good.
Iron Havocs are pretty solid (they get the ability to pick which targets the wounds go to on certain rolls so you can wipe out squad leaders) and I think splitting your dudes as two squads of 10 Tacticals (potentially look at getting some Rhinos for them to ride around in) and then saving the other 20 to use as Iron Havocs is a solid play. I think with the way the rules are now you probably want to run the Iron Havocs with Autocannons or Lascannons and handily the MKVI Heavy Weapon upgrade box with the Lascannons also has the Autocannons in it (but isn't out yet)

If you want missiles I'd suggest looking at the Tyrant Siege Terminators instead since 5 of those will put out the same volume of fire as 10 Iron Havocs with Missiles for a similar price on a significantly more durable frame. You can buy them from ForgeWorld but if you don't want to deal with resin what I've seen people do is convert them using the Havoc Launchers from the new vehicle upgrade sprue which should be plentiful on ebay.

In terms of the terminators you can kit them out as a normal squad but the Iron Warriors also have a special unit called a Dominator Cohort (from the exemplary battles PDF) you could use instead. They're a little more expensive than regular terminators (because they all have chainfists or thunder hammers along with weapon skill 5) so they're a lot more punchy against other normal terminators and are a bodyguard (meaning they can issue and accept challenges) and would pair nicely with your Praetor to roll around and fight stuff in the Spartan.

Speaking of characters, for Iron Warriors I'd probably set the two in the box up as a Praetor (kitbashed to a Warsmith if you can get a Techmarine backpack from somewhere) and a Siege Breaker (the big absolute unit of a Praetor looks fantastic for this, particularly if you can find a Thunder Hammer head and stick it on the end of the axe haft).

Lastly you can do basically whatever with the Dread. Iron Warriors have their unique Shrapnel Bolt Cannon upgrade for the heavy bolter which means you can hose down a squad with pinning attacks from range. Iron Warriors have +1S against Vehicles/Dreads/etc so the Autocannon and Lascannon are extremely scary in the same way that they are on the Iron Havocs. Both the Fist variants are solid with the regular power fist being great against big multi-wound targets (like other Dreads) and the Chainfist being able to instant death T5 stuff in addition to absolutely shredding vehicles.

It'll be interesting to see if GW releases a plastic heavy weapon upgrade kit for Cataphractii Terminators because I noticed that a lot of the Legion specific versions have extra options now. Just about every Cataphractii squad can take Reaper Autocannons but the box only has a heavy flamer, Dominators can take Multi-meltas and Lernaeans can take Volkite Culverins (plus a bunch more I can't think of right now).

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 26, 2022

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Plastic Gorgon Terminators when GW?
Helfathers and Gholas whe?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Plastic Gorgon Terminators when GW?
Helfathers and Gholas whe?
Never, they said all the Legion-specific stuff is staying FW exclusives :smith:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Ok these are amazing, and did you use color shift paint or is that blue to green transition all you?