Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

karmicknight posted:

Am I crazy for not thinking 18 hours is particularly long.

i think anything over the minimum 6h needs more of a reason than 'kind of dickish' but it is less than the day i got for saying another poster was being weird so i might be biased

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

i think anything over the minimum 6h needs more of a reason than 'kind of dickish' but it is less than the day i got for saying another poster was being weird so i might be biased

I will always be proud of my week from the big man for being annoying.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

right now i'm more curious who reported the posts because lmao

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
as another point of comparison for probe length, one of the most recent probations in the colony is a 6h for being antisemitic

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I didn't know Gresham had an account here but crazier things have happened I guess

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

gimme a loving break

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
It wasn't a funny post or anything, especially not one funny enough to follow up on in a completely separate thread. But that was a weird probe.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's an absurd probe made more absurd by the fact that it's longer than a sixer. Freaking terrible, I'm sorry. I go out of my way to not comment on moderation but JEEZ.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

karmicknight posted:

Am I crazy for not thinking 18 hours is particularly long.

People (including mods) consistently skip the bit where probes get longer for repeated offenses, but glancing at that dude’s rap sheet, I can’t say he looks like a repeat offender to me. So I’d actually say it’s somewhat long.

FWIW if those discussions felt overly heated I think that would have been a time for a mod to say “cool it down” and then hand out probes from there on.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Terrible probe. Get real.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Please just prob bad posts and don't probe goods posts. Reading tea leaves from the posts to figure out the true motive and probing for that is goofy.

How hard can this be?!!!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Hold another IK contest and let the community probe Bolt Yaride every time they post police itself

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

flatluigi posted:

as another point of comparison for probe length, one of the most recent probations in the colony is a 6h for being antisemitic

Lmao let's not dig too deep down the rabbit hole or we'll be here discussing this for another 6 months

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Alaois posted:

This where I am at also, just…. wow

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

its extremely dumb that that post got reported but we should also probably have a mod that sees it and thinks "wow thats a really dumb report" and ignores it

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

History Comes Inside! posted:

Hold another IK contest and let the community probe Bolt Yaride every time they post police itself

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
When I become Moderator there will be more gang tags, more probes, and more contests, including contests for stuff I know nothing about!! (MMA)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I consider anything that's going to require you to have a full night's sleep before you can post again a "long" probe.

But even as a sixer, that probe would've strained credibility and I think a probe has to be pretty drat bad if it's like "what the gently caress" even as a sixer.

Alaois posted:

lol yeah who the hell is running around reporting posts on behalf of Jonathan Gresham.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

im not going to comment on the current probe drama but I do know that this subforum eventually drives every mod probe-insane before they randomly quit so karmic don't let the curse wash over you

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

MJeff posted:

lol yeah who the hell is running around reporting posts on behalf of Jonathan Gresham.

Jonathan Gresham is a goon.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gresham, stand up on your gaddang tippie toes and show yourself

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Orange Carlisle posted:

im not going to comment on the current probe drama but I do know that this subforum eventually drives every mod probe-insane before they randomly quit so karmic don't let the curse wash over you

there is a reason I barely use the buttons.

my desire to probe every bolt yaride post is 50% of that reason.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

CarlCX posted:

Blah blah blah escalating probe times DOOOO IT

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dont think this is that big of a deal, it was less than a day

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

JOHN CENA posted:

i dont think this is that big of a deal, it was less than a day

I just don’t understand what the issue with the post was. Did he break a rule? Was it over the line?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Please just prob bad posts and don't probe goods posts

but i thought you liked having an active aew thread ???

iirc both karmic and junpei were the preferred choices of the psp community? definitely remember a sentiment of "gently caress yeah, karmicknight!!!!!!!!!" perhaps the problem is not the insane mods, but the posters who drive the mods insane

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 25, 2022

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

but i thought you liked having an active aew thread ???

I really didn't consider what this could do to me

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Aye Doc posted:

perhaps the problem is not the insane mods, but the posters who drive the mods insane

once the current mods burn out let's get some that are already insane to see what happens.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

there should be a rolling roster of mods or just make cavauro mod and be done with it. even if he doesn’t want to be.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

IGgy IGsen posted:

once the current mods burn out let's get some that are already insane to see what happens.

finally, a job I'm qualified for

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Every thread is now about Maki Itoh

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rarity posted:

2nd

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MJeff posted:

Maybe...Alfred is one of us... arm yourselves with prosciutto.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Rarity posted:

itoh and rarity new psp mods 2024

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

More and more people are saying this

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Probe him again, his soul’s still dancing

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Reporter identities will not be revelead.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

When I become Moderator there will be more gang tags, more probes, and more contests, including contests for stuff I know nothing about!! (MMA)

I like that last idea

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CarlCX posted:

I appreciate you even though you did whoop me in the goon weight predictions

Edit: in our battle for first place that is

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 26, 2022

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
idk who that poster is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

idk who that poster is