Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

As an aside, "Cerebral Assassin" is such a funny nickname

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

“The Asskicker” is the best loving stupid HHH name

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Pharaoh is the dog , dubmass!!!

The dog? He is named after the dog?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Pharaoh is the dog , dubmass!!!

That's pretty rude. I think Steph's a good looking lady.

As long as she's not trying to smile

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The dog? He is named after the dog?

And I’m obligated to point out every time it comes up that it wasn’t even his nickname. Brock Lesnar was calling himself “The Asskicker” when he came back in 2012 because he’s a legit MMA Champion. The he got into a feud with Hunter who decided he should call himself “The REAL Asskicker” despite not being a fighter. Then he just took the name wholesale

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This is art.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingIsKing/status/1551619825121705984

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

And I’m obligated to point out every time it comes up that it wasn’t even his nickname. Brock Lesnar was calling himself “The Asskicker” when he came back in 2012 because he’s a legit MMA Champion. The he got into a feud with Hunter who decided he should call himself “The REAL Asskicker” despite not being a fighter. Then he just took the name wholesale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO1MuJ_ijF8

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Endless Mike posted:

That's pretty rude. I think Steph's a good looking lady.

As long as she's not trying to smile

Whenever Steph smiles it is like a small team of invisible gnomes with hooks wrench the corners of her mouth in various directions.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

"You want everything to be good again? Well sorry sweetheart, it's always going to suck!"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fish Of Doom posted:

"You want everything to be good again? Well sorry sweetheart, it's always going to suck!"

where’s the lie

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

Cole's ceiling in AEW is probably about where it is. He wins a lot and can main event PPVs but he's probably not getting the world title.

Cole's ceiling with HHH booking is "top champion and the guy the entire show is built around for literally over a year". So yeah, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he danced back over. Roman laying down for the 1-2-3 to Cole's godawful shining wizard would make me so happy so I'm kinda rooting for it.

I could see Cole holding the title for a (relatively) short time, a transitional champion. You wouldn't want to drag it out too long though.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If anyone's jumping back over it's probably Regal

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Benne posted:

If anyone's jumping back over it's probably Regal

I doubt it. He's probably getting paid the same and with much less responsibility.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm less interested in who's going to jump over than who's going to dance away

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

I doubt it. He's probably getting paid the same and with much less responsibility.

And the leadership structure will probably change some more by the time his contract expires in 1 1/2-2 1/2 years.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
For the record everything WrestlingisKing said is right but it is the construction of his tweet that is the art. Especially those quotation marks.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
why do people keep saying Regal would be likely to go back to WWE

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Doomsaying or wishful thinking, pick your poison

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Fish Of Doom posted:

THEN
NOW
FOREVER

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Pretty disappointed they didn't say Tony Khan is the golden calf.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I can only think of it as someone who exclusively kills brains.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Rejected Front Line Assembly lyrics.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Regal is one of the lucky WWE lifers that managed to escape along with Mark Henry and Big Show.

Gonna pour one out for Edge and Booker T.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Rejected Front Line Assembly lyrics.

Beginning of the KMFDM Megalomaniac video

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Regal enjoys developing talent and right now AEW only uses him in an on-screen role. Maybe Tony brings him further into the support team or maybe palling around with his two faves is enough for him but it's not that unreasonable to think he'd be open to a return

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I just got off the phone with Regal. He said he is feeling froggy and he might jump

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

HHH is JESUS.

Dumbass.

returned from the dead to lead the faithful to the promised land?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Rarity posted:

Regal enjoys developing talent and right now AEW only uses him in an on-screen role. Maybe Tony brings him further into the support team or maybe palling around with his two faves is enough for him but it's not that unreasonable to think he'd be open to a return

He and Bryan Danielson do a training session in the ring for whomever wants it before every Dynamite. He's working with the newer wrestlers every single week.

And have you seen or heard any of his behind the scenes interviews? He sure sounds happy with his current situation to me. I don't think Regal will leave unless there's a lot more money involved.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kvantum posted:

He and Bryan Danielson do a training session in the ring for whomever wants it before every Dynamite. He's working with the newer wrestlers every single week.

And have you seen or heard any of his behind the scenes interviews? He sure sounds happy with his current situation to me. I don't think Regal will leave unless there's a lot more money involved.

Well, uh spoiler, Bryan is going back eventually too.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

MJeff posted:

Well, uh spoiler, Bryan is going back eventually too.

AEW is his retirement run

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bryan is very much at the point where he just wants to Wrestle who he wants and where he wants so his next deal can be anywhere from WWE/AEW to New Japan/DDT/ChocoPro to CMLL/AAA/Some small Lucha group.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Wasn't the story on Regal at the end of his NXT run that he was completely burned out and in a mentally bad place?

LanceBurrito
Jan 6, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Bryan is very much at the point where he just wants to Wrestle who he wants and where he wants so his next deal can be anywhere from WWE/AEW to New Japan/DDT/ChocoPro to CMLL/AAA/Some small Lucha group.

Any option with Bryan isn't crazy to think about. You can easily see him make a last run in WWE just as easily as working random Seattle promotions under a mask for no reason other than he felt like it.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

D.N. Nation posted:

Wasn't the story on Regal at the end of his NXT run that he was completely burned out and in a mentally bad place?

On this forum it probably was, yeah.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

D.N. Nation posted:

Yes he said he was going to leave the business completely.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

LanceBurrito posted:

Any option with Bryan isn't crazy to think about. You can easily see him make a last run in WWE just as easily as working random Seattle promotions under a mask for no reason other than he felt like it.

I’d like to hear more about that second option, please.

LanceBurrito
Jan 6, 2013

Thanlis posted:

I’d like to hear more about that second option, please.

The Dazzler, but masked, essentially.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He's a podcaster.

https://twitter.com/OGJOHNNY5/status/1551666606178152449

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I love this mindset that the REAL problem with WWE today isn't the dogshit creative or their refusal to make new stars or anything like that. No, the REAL problem is somewhere, someone on the internet figured out what's happening on RAW early. RAW, the show where the same goddamn poo poo happens every week anyway.