Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Year 5 update: I am still mad they took this game away from us. Relaunch Marvel Heroes you cowards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jazerus posted:

can someone please help me. my midtown madness is dying

you have to loot all the items to keep the instance from lagging

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I wish to Cosmic Today, but this game is no more. hosed up, tbqh, but I also don't trust anyone to be able to recreate the magic.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

A Bystander posted:

I also don't trust anyone to be able to recreate the magic.

Trust or not, I'm not sure it's even possible. What made MH such a unique ARPG was the endless well of iconic characters to draw upon. You didn't have just five or six classes, you had five or six dozen. Each one with their own set of abilities and visual design. What other IP has so many characters to pull out that you could even approach a similar draw?

I guess someone could do a LoL APRG... gently caress, that would probably make a shitload of money.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Year 5 update: I am still mad they took this game away from us. Relaunch Marvel Heroes you cowards.

You seem committed. Welcome to the private server. I’ll send you the password on discord

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Right there with you bud. Every time I go on my Steam profile I see my rarest achievement showcase and in the top spot is "End of the World" from this title. Here's hoping some suit will realize that in the right hands this ARPG could print money.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
It's very depressing to think what this game would be like in the current age of Diablo Immortal and Lost Ark. I guess if you wanted to use Genshin Impact as a modern example then all the waifu hunters would be happy enough, but I long for the days when I could just pay ~$20 to unlock a hero and their costume.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Half of the magic was you could tell some aspects were a real labour of love. The rest was pure incompetence. Never before and never again have I seen a game where the lower the graphical settings, the worse it would run.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
That still blows my loving mind even now. When my friend told me that, I thought it was just bullshit and when I went with it, my computer suddenly stopped dying while playing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A Bystander posted:

I wish to Cosmic Today, but this game is no more. hosed up, tbqh, but I also don't trust anyone to be able to recreate the magic.

I'd trust anyone who promises to revert travel powers back to pre-nerf.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

super sweet best pal posted:

I'd trust anyone who promises to revert travel powers back to pre-nerf.

The good old days.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Everything unique? I don't get it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I can't wait for Kang to come out and time travel us back to when travel powers were good and we could still play the game. They shouldn't have been allowed to shut down the game until everyones' boons wore off.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Bloodly posted:

Everything unique? I don't get it.

This is my travel power. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My travel power is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
Without me, my travel power is useless. Without my travel power, I am useless. I must fire my travel power true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will ...
My travel power and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit ...
My travel power is human, even as I [am human], because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my travel power clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will ...
Before God, I swear this creed. My travel power and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I quit before they culled travel powers, and am glad I did. Why take one of the best things in the game and yeet it in the trash like that? Madness.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Hey guys we nerfed the poo poo out of dashes but don't worry, now they have a CC break component! No this isn't something you need. Oops game dead

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

I quit before they culled travel powers, and am glad I did. Why take one of the best things in the game and yeet it in the trash like that? Madness.

Because consoles couldn't handle it the way it was, and Pedo CEO was determined to get the game on consoles or kill it trying. He ended up doing both.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
still thinking about thos cosmics

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I was just trying to tell someone the other day how great this was and was getting excited and explaining all the cool poo poo and was hit with the double disappointment that I can't just send them a link to the Steam page to let them try it for themselves nor can I experience it myself either...

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This game would be popping off like crazy with how much Marvel stuff there is these days.

The mismanagement behind it will never stop making me scratch my head.

Even The Avengers game could be good if they just added one big open world map to do a bunch of activities in akin to Midtown.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

That Midnight Suns game could be interesting except for the part where they force you to play an Original Content Do Not Steal character in a franchise known for all the other people you'd rather be playing instead. Just give me the hebrons already you fucks

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
They shut down Marvel Heroes because it didn't meet the Quips Per Minute quota of modern Marvel. I think you have to have like 22.5 or something. The Quip Switch literally would not be flipped that fast.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
In a way we're lucky.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
The only acceptable time to ever play a CaC in a Marvel game would be one where it asks you to make what is supposed to be yourself as Captain Universe like in the ads for customized comics where they had a blank white face emblazoned with a phrase like Your Face Here or This Could be You that I remember from comics from Back in the Day

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Ngl I was watching Love and Thunder and thinking about an enhanced Jane costume for Thor and team up with the rock dude (Korg??). It honestly blows my mind how badly they hosed up the console version possibilities. And why Disney hasn't just farmed it out to another company? Is there some lovely mobile game like Diablo Immortal but for Marvel?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

There are like a half dozen lovely mobile Marvel games but none of them are good

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
You-know-who is gonna say that Future Fight is good. Don't believe their lies.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:emptyquote:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Theoretically I trust Firaxis with an OC blank slate more than I do, oh I dunno, Dennis Dyack

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
As much as I loved the X-Com games, that's not what I really wanted from a Marvel game.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
there was an opportunity to hawk a lovely game and he didn't appear. the Deep Magic is fading. the Old Ways are dying.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
the Sun will rise again

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

He hasn't posted since February...

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
u guys think the switch flipper is in hell or what

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

Extended vacation

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

we all are

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Mover posted:

we all are

The only way out is for the switchflipper to flip the switch that lets us out. He'll do it right after he flips boosted Midtown Madness back on.

suction
Jul 17, 2009
May 29 next year marks 10 years anniversary since early access. I miss this dumb game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Soothing Vapors posted:

or the nearest equivalent - working for a company where the start of in-game events are scheduled with code instead of being manually initiated by a comically large frankenstein's lab style switch on the wall.