Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So I finished farming emblem (see characters 3 through 8):

https://enka.network/u/605204057

what else is there to do? I guess I do millelith for kuki?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Sanctum posted:

The punchy anemo guy that's ironically the worst anemo at knocking dudes around.

Eh, that's probably Sayu. And I don't have Xiao, but he's probably second worst outside of his Q. All of Heizou's talents can either stagger or launch.

His Q's AoE is about the same as Sucrose's, though I believe Sucrose might have a pull AoE outside of the damage one. It just takes some getting used to the tricky aiming. You really want to get up in the face of the enemy you want centered and not leave it to autotarget.

His CA isn't quite Jean level, but it can juggle lighter enemies consistently.

https://i.imgur.com/ko81hJ0.mp4

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Just realized the upcoming deepwood set reads as follows:

quote:

4 Piece: After Elemental Skills or Bursts hit opponents, the targets' Dendro RES will be decreased by 30% for 8s. This effect can be triggered even if the equipping character is not on the field.

So you can put it on someone useless like Kuki, Barbara, or Xinyan. It's excellent for Kuki because Dendro will be all I use her for. Yes, there's a dead 2 pc effect, but being able to run Tighnari + Yae + Kuki + ??? and not even have to bring a second dendro, or you can build your second dendro with EoSF.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 25, 2022

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
How good is Heizou as a taser driver? I'm thinking about leveling him up now that Fischl has some new threads.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Shinji2015 posted:

My Yanfei went from a C0 to a C7 during the last banner so I feel that.

Like, I don't think I've pulled any of the 4 stars on this banner at all. It's been Kazuha, Qiqi, bunch of 4 star weapons and an Amber, and that's it

fyi that's impossible, 4* works on a off-on pity just like 5*. If your (character banner) 4* is not on the banner, the next (character banner) 4* will be one of the three 4* characters on the banner.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Boogle posted:

How good is Heizou as a taser driver? I'm thinking about leveling him up now that Fischl has some new threads.
Very! The only thing that makes Sucrose better is she's got better vacuuming, but they both love to spam swirls and spread it around.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Very! The only thing that makes Sucrose better is she's got better vacuuming, but they both love to spam swirls and spread it around.

there's also the ranged part

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
For taser specifically a lot of damage is probably coming from EM amplified reactions which Sucrose will generally contribute more EM. It might be a little tricky to snapshot the EM for Beidou and Fischl, but Xingqiu's swords recalculate stats on every instance so if the hydro triggers electrocharge it'll get the boost.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'd say the biggest difference isn't so much melee vs range, but that a Sucrose team is more dependent on setting up bursts. Once they're up though, things just melt from all the swirls and buffed up EC damage. That is, provided they're not immune to Electro, and to a lesser extent Hydro. A Heizou team may not ramp up as much, but it'll be more flexible in engaging, since he doesn't need to go full EC or even any at all if his punch takes care of it. It also deals more diverse damage types, so is less likely to get hard countered.

Yelan also wants to run with Heizou because they deeper synergy, and the two of them are more fun to control than their counterparts, subjectively of course.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wait Kazuha can double jump?

Dumping all my gems for him now

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Nyoro posted:

If you're insanely patient he can climb forever for 0 stamina.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nyoro posted:

It's really fun to jump off a wall and then double-jump back onto it past a ledge that you couldn't climb past.

There are a decent number of spots in Fischl's event domain that you can cheat past puzzles with Kaz too.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nyoro posted:

It's worth it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nyoro posted:

It was very helpful while exploring Xinyan's domain. Saved me from having to do a lot of swimming and climbing.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Kazuha is the single most fun character to play in genshin right now. It's not even contested. He's so mobile and both his skill and burst are so satisfying to use.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Pretty good for an overpriced Sucrose and a palette swapped Aether /s

Kale
May 14, 2010

SirKibbles posted:

You mean the furry that's going to print them money? Yeah I think Hoyoverse is fine moneywise.

For what it's worth the stern faced looking cat girl samurai one with the Japanese style "Hime Cut" (The hairstyle Yun Jin and Columbina have if context necessary) is the one I'm most interested to hear the name, backstory, VA and gameplay of. I don't think I personally have enough time in my days for another Hoyoverse game though considering I'm working my way through Honkai Lore stuff up to playing that game while also playing Genshin Impact at the same time. Still I've been checking in periodically on that one hoping each next character teaser type tweet or video may eventually spill the beans on that character at the very least.

Still can't help but notice that the vast majority of the time female characters have they hairstyle they almost always have red eyes as well. I think there might even be a TV Trope page for that. Last thing I'll say about ZZZ is that I kind of have to love that there's weird animal people designs too and I don't just mean animal trait humanoids, but like a literal loving bear character for example. I don't know how exactly how a gacha game will make money off of a character that's a bear without picking the exact right voice actor for them or something or them having really cool unique and flashy gameplay, but still refreshing to see it all the same.

Nyoro posted:

My friend was mentioning something about this as well after drawing him. Personally I still have yet to draw a five star on this pity rotation, but it'd be a nice perk since I feel like the only character that can really get extra high up in the air on their own that I at least have right now is Keqing. I know Xiao can kind of do it too in his burst mode, but I don't have him so.....

Kale fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 25, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waiting for: them to put a slime on a scrap robot body, a character with a command grab, a character that can flip dodge like UI Goku.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Oh also have to add, while a lot of the buzz on the internet regarding the Sumeru patch is EnD GaMe CoNteNt oR BuSt, my first hope by far from Sumeru is that they'll have the next set of stamina boosts tied to the Kusanali statues since they skipped that for Inazuma to opt to put the Key of Depths there instead and I've been sitting at 2 and a Quarter bars of stamina for well over a year now and a lot of the time lately I find I could really use that extra half bar if nothing else. Some characters like Ayaka and Hu Tao that I use pretty frequently and rely heavily on their charged attacks and in Ayaka's case dashing to keep up her Cryo damage would get a pretty significant bump in already solid performance from it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

We aren't getting stamina increases in sumeru. But for good news Tighnari got his charge attack speed buffed so his C0 is now like his C6 used to be!

Kale
May 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

We aren't getting stamina increases in sumeru. But for good news Tighnari got his charge attack speed buffed so his C0 is now like his C6 used to be!

How do you know this I have to ask? I heard about that with Tighnari and it seems like he's going to be a pretty solid starter 5 star for Dendro maybe. Of the characters that I've seen so far from Sumeru I've been most interested aesthetically in Nilou since I have a thing for dancer type characters in RPG's. With no knowledge of what her kit is even like though there's not much to say for any character other than Tighnari really as the one that draws the most attention overall by default.

If Nilou is a dance battler type character though like Eula and she's particularly good I'm probably going to have to have her though so I'm kind of looking to hold on to the threshold amount of primo gems for whenever her patch drops

Kale fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 25, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Tighnari looks like a pretty fun character, like a more dynamic and active version of Ganyu.

I'm waiting until we see how insanely OP the next archon is though

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Really enjoyed fischl's event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvYKhdYg65c

Will probably wait on doing Mona's till next weekend as I like doing each segment in one sitting.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I mean I don't even have any leveled anemo characters so he'd be good (no I didn't level Venti because he annoys me)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kale posted:

How do you know this I have to ask? I heard about that with Tighnari and it seems like he's going to be a pretty solid starter 5 star for Dendro maybe. Of the characters that I've seen so far from Sumeru I've been most interested aesthetically in Nilou since I have a thing for dancer type characters in RPG's. With no knowledge of what her kit is even like though there's not much to say for any character other than Tighnari really as the one that draws the most attention overall by default.

If Nilou is a dance battler type character though like Eula and she's particularly good I'm probably going to have to have her though so I'm kind of looking to hold on to the threshold amount of primo gems for whenever her patch drops

People datamine things from the beta client. Reddit Genshin Leaks compiles them.

And nilou still isn't in the client but she will be when 3.0 is out live.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

No Wave posted:

So I finished farming emblem (see characters 3 through 8):

https://enka.network/u/605204057

what else is there to do? I guess I do millelith for kuki?

I'm in a similar boat and I'm thinking about going for an Echoes set for my Ayato.

Pros:

-Cracked Glad pieces can be inherited by various units
-"Fast NA dps" is a broad enough role that future characters might use various ele% cups, stuff like def% sands, etc.
-If I fail to get a full set before 3.0, any good pieces can be given to 2x Atk%/2x Ele% users.
-That other purple set can also be given to those characters, not a huge waste overall.
-Fun with Pikeli?

Cons:

-Amazing ping-based gameplay
-Purple set is so narrow that it's unlikely I'll find a use for the 4 set, ever.
-Not actually that much stronger than Glad to begin with?
-Usage of weirdly statted pieces by hypothetical future characters is kindof a crapshoot. What if I don't want the hp scaling cryo dps from natlan?
-If I get a 40 cv Echoes goblet with Pyro/Hydro/Cryo/Electro mainstat I will literally collapse on the floor crying.

All in all, I'm still undecided.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i like the boat surfing challenges theyre relaxing

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Nyoro posted:

i like the boat surfing challenges theyre relaxing

Yeah the music is pretty chill and it's just a sort of low speed time trial.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

MoonCrab posted:

-Purple set is so narrow that it's unlikely I'll find a use for the 4 set, ever.

This set is so funny. They didn't even try to make it look like anyone but Xiao can use the 4-piece.

Though supposedly, some of the Dendro reactions will deal a small amount of friendly damage, so maybe it'll actually be usable then.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Late to the party, I know, but finally got my first 5* character and

Fire bomber sounds like it should be fun

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I'm glad my only artifact dilemmas are realizing that zhongli's been wearing the same half-leveled half-purple milileth set since that domain's existed.

Fixing that only gained him like 1000hp, but now he's got some crit rate and stuff, so that's cool. Even leveled his talents past 3!

e. speaking of the boat races, I thought that was meant to be forced co-op. Is that some later event, like whatever that diluc thing that starts on the 27th is?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Nyoro posted:

Zhongli Pillar > Red Feather Fan > Venti Updraft > Kazuha Jump > Just gently caress off into forever

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Zhongli Pillar > Red Feather Fan > Venti Updraft > Kazuha Jump > Just gently caress off into forever

Note: Kazuha died on the way back to his home island

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

MoonCrab posted:

I'm in a similar boat and I'm thinking about going for an Echoes set for my Ayato.

Pros:

-Cracked Glad pieces can be inherited by various units
-"Fast NA dps" is a broad enough role that future characters might use various ele% cups, stuff like def% sands, etc.
-If I fail to get a full set before 3.0, any good pieces can be given to 2x Atk%/2x Ele% users.
-That other purple set can also be given to those characters, not a huge waste overall.
-Fun with Pikeli?

Cons:

-Amazing ping-based gameplay
-Not actually that much stronger than Glad to begin with?
-Usage of weirdly statted pieces by hypothetical future characters is kindof a crapshoot. What if I don't want the hp scaling cryo dps from natlan?
-If I get a 40 cv Echoes goblet with Pyro/Hydro/Cryo/Electro mainstat I will literally collapse on the floor crying.

All in all, I'm still undecided.
I decided to stop farming artis for now and am taking my electros from 80 to 85 instead because the dendro reactions scale hard between levels 80 and 90.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I hope some of the many EM pieces I've kept on principle regardless of set/substats can be put to good use

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Why can Ayaka....not hit trees???

I'm not even mad, just confused.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
She can, you just can't have the cryo elemental infusion on her sword that you get from dashing with her. Try walking slowly between trees instead :v:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Yeah, iirc non-physical damage doesn't chop trees. Same thing happens if you punch them with Heizou (always anemo damage) or try to slice them with Xiao / Itto bursts up or Ayato / Hu Tao skill active.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Interesting research on Dendro reactions

Most exciting thing to me is how it looks like having both Cryo and Dendro on a target when Hydro is applied will drastically reduce the amount of Dendro used up due to freeze using up the Hydro first. This means XQ or Yelan can get a lot of blooms without using up Dendro too quickly. Then a Pyro or Electro can come in and trigger the blooms before they expire, for 1.5x overload damage each (3.2k-4.3k base at level 80-90). Bloom reactions are nice because they're predicated on a specific character triggering them, meaning you know EM won't go to waste.

I wish I had Kuki, because she'd be the perfect Electro to trigger hyperbloom. I'm thinking Collei/XQ/Chong will be able to output a lot of freeze and bloom. With the new artifact set, Kuki can get a baseline of 230 EM, which is already a 2.65x hyperbloom multiplier. She can easily get over 700 for more than 5x. With the bad scaling on her ATK-based damage, you might as well go all in on EM and shoot for 1k, where she can do 6.3x.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
For flat damage reactions like hyperbloom it seems like it will still be 'best' to just trigger them ol' reliable style by swirling something with an anemo character. Just get one target each with hydro/dendro/electro vaguely near each other and go to town with kazuha. Kuki has good aoe electro application but it seems like most other off-field electro appliers won't be any good at popping multiple seeds at once without some swirls to help out.

Seems like characters like Kuki & Yae that gain damage stats from stacking EM will benefit most from the quicken/aggravate reactions which scale on a combination of EM and dmg%/crit/etc, kind of similar to vaporize/melt builds for pyro carries?