Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

GM IceCream explicitly stated I am not to release any communications to the public, regardless of that statement.
Then do not release the interaction between the two of you. Nothing said there is worth a ban.

That aside, did anyone find out where CCP posted that? Because I am so certain that I have read all those new rules somewhere but it's driving me up the walls as I can't remember where. I even went to watch the entire Fanfest presentation but it's not in there... if I google, I just get tons and tons of reddit posts but none really about those new rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
I was in the old-school Holesquad when it was Schned's project, back then it was more about profits then content. Eventually we were evicted, think the group was called Ragnarok or something. When i wasn't paying attention Dod rebooted the squad and i ran into them one day when i was loving around lowsec. Instantly signed up and had good times all around, and i stayed with them to the end. He helped shape Holesquad into the legend it's known for today. I've also flown with Vilgan's group and can say they are a pretty great bunch of nerds, though i've lost touch as life picked up. Though i haven't had time for the wormhole lifestyle, i hope they are still doing their thing and thriving.

Wormholes are a 10/10 experience and you have never truly internet spaceshiped until you've been in and out of other peoples holes for a living.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

A few years ago, W space was all blue, wasn't it? It was, like, Hard Knocks, Lazerhawks, and client states of those two.

What changed since?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Not An Arsonist posted:

I was in the old-school Holesquad when it was Schned's project,

VINTR right? I was around for that one, was fun

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

The funniest part by far was losing our baby astra in lowsec in true goon fashion.

I think that is the hallmark of Goonery is the continuing ability to be like 'Hey! Hold my beer!' player base.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Voyager I posted:

I'm from the same era and I don't think we were ever really saw ourselves as 'bogeymen'. We were part of a major power bloc so obviously dangerous on the level of grand strategy, and we had small groups that liked to travel the galaxy being fuckers, but PL was definitely the thing that went bump in the night for capital pilots.

Our understanding was that we were cultural outsiders to the game who deliberately antagonized the natives, though that was more to do with highsec carebears and the E-Bushido types, and even then only really at the level of random line-members interacting. Politically we staked our identity on keeping our promises and respecting our commitments to their allies, even if we talked poo poo about their posting.

agree, what was that saying?

'not here to ruin the game but here to ruin your ga......' aww fawk it, you know.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
This post is so full of itself, I mean gently caress Delta. Died just as you lived jerking off to yourself in the mirror

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

If I was legally prohibited from releasing chatlogs of GM correspondence, I would simply enlist some of my gooniest allies to perform a dramatic reading in like a radio play style over discord and claim that the recording is a transformative work that adds enough creative expression so that the original prohibition doesn't apply anymore because of fair use reasons, and then immediately get banned.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

learnincurve posted:

I suspect the other gankers need to have a word with Safety. for ruining it for the rest of you.

Maybe a month ago someone on reddit pulled up some KBs and they have been collecting huge numbers of kills in the newbie starter systems. It's all going to have been can baiting and shooting each other to get the tags coupled with "well actually that character is a week old so we can now" justification. CCP have always been traditionally unwilling to ban groups over 20 players big, so this is the natural alternative.

Ganking noobs in beginner sys is about as lame as ganking outside Jita 4-4 all day.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Highsec ganking has always existed at the very edge of what's "acceptable" in Eve Online. For years, possibly decades, that line is constantly shifting, either by game mechanics changes or from GM/dev fiat or whatever. If one is highsec ganking and not amenable to repositioning themselves back behind the line as it fluctuates, they're gonna have a bad time. Whether or not you agree with whatever change is happening, the fact is that it WILL change, no matter what.

CCP didn't mind seeing Burn Jita roll around once a year.

Maybe thought of it as 'beneficial advertisement'.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

RazNation posted:

CCP didn't mind seeing Burn Jita roll around once a year.

Maybe thought of it as 'beneficial advertisement'.

If there's one thing Miniluv did right, it was finding and adhering to the line as close as physically possible without going over it.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Bilirubin posted:

Tell me about your alliance leader

Check my corp history bud. I am not only in an NPC corp but I am winning.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Durendal posted:

They should try imposing harsher in game penalties for ganking in highsec if they want to deter it.

I doubt they want to deter it, they just want something to point to in the TOS when they ban someone who is generating bad PR for the game/company.

I mean, it is kinda crazy in TYOOL 2022 that a 30,000 member alliance could decide to drive someone out of the game, or worse, through targeted harassment and CCP couldn’t technically do anything about it.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Potato Salad posted:

A few years ago, W space was all blue, wasn't it? It was, like, Hard Knocks, Lazerhawks, and client states of those two.

What changed since?

hard knocks and inner hell both no longer have players that play the game

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

dialhforhero posted:

A retriever is being shot in an anomaly, using an active fit, draining his cap frantically to tank the rats, but he can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
If I fly a rare ship on autopilot across a tour of highsec, will the ganker who inevitably blows up my ship be banned?

This might be the new griefer tactic I've been looking for.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

yoloer420 posted:

If I fly a rare ship on autopilot across a tour of highsec, will the ganker who inevitably blows up my ship be banned?

This might be the new griefer tactic I've been looking for.

True Goon Thoughts.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I bet if you stream it, your odds are certainly non-zero.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
This is going to end up with some weird metagriefing applications. “Were you flying that ship solely to bait gankers??

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Potato Salad posted:

What changed since?

I was in SOUND when they moved into w land and there was a lot of trying to convince themselves that we weren't Hard Knocks pets. They had this one guy that also had a character in HK and only very really hopped on his SOUND character when HK needed something.

Good times.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Communique from Guard Goose Phorashi - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

The Battle of JXXX[NEST] Is Joined!

A [GANDR] of Nighthawks, Drake Navy Issues, Basilisks, and assorted support was moved into [NEST] this evening and we have begun construction of our new home.

We will destroy the enemy nest, This is our home.

Join Goosefleet today, Every Ship Counts.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

captainclaw posted:

Do we look like the public? The public actively avoid most eve players

technically this is a private message board

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

A [GANDR] of Nighthawks, Drake Navy Issues, Basilisks, and assorted support was moved into [NEST] this evening and we have begun construction of our new home.

Peace was never an option

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

It is me, I flew a Nighthawk.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

FirstnameLastname posted:

Edit: My loving phone autocorrect is going nuts sorry I'll clean this up on my PC and make it more readable give me a sec

Dude the best way to do this is post about 95% less text. We aren't reading your novels.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Sir what are the statics sir

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

causticBeet posted:

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

:honk:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

causticBeet posted:

Do you want to know more?

IT's the biiiiig announcement!!!!

Join the [GANDR] to find out more!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Huh. I've been banned from r/Eve.

Don't mention that so many mods mod r/conservative!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I mean, it is kinda crazy in TYOOL 2022 that a 30,000 member alliance could decide to drive someone out of the game, or worse, through targeted harassment and CCP couldn’t technically do anything about it.

i'm not sure if this was meant to be a joke, but in case it's not, do you think if ccp thought someone crossed a line but couldn't pinpoint the exact rule that was broken they would sit at their cubicles shaking their fists with impotent rage?

they've always had the right to ban anyone for any reason. the rules they publish are a courtesy to let you know what they don't want you doing, but are no guarantee of anything.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

hailthefish posted:

And now the culture of 2008 Goonswarm is baaaasically the culture of all of EVE Online. The posting isn't funny yet and there's a decent helping of redditness involved too but that e-bushido poo poo is dead, and even the elite peeveepee stuff is kinda gone.

One of the other things that surprised me when I came back was just how much line members in GSF cared about their killboards and 'efficiency'.

It was just... strange to see the 'our ships are ammo' not shutting up ever about 'the isk war'.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

HONK!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

dialhforhero posted:

Check my corp history bud. I am not only in an NPC corp but I am winning.

I should have said "Tell me all the good things that come to mind when I mention...your corp leader"

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

I should have said "Tell me all the good things that come to mind when I mention...your corp leader"

I guess this would be a burn if I was even in GoonWaffe? :shrug:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

dialhforhero posted:

They’re continuing YOUR blade runner reference you dork

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

dialhforhero posted:

its the rest of the Voight-Kampff test after the turtle bit that was being riffed on earlier calm yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE_x3UC1f3o

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

They’re continuing YOUR blade runner reference you dork

whomever said "there are no goons" were wrong in this case

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

:honk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

[GANDR] is doing an eviction so we can build a new nest. Get a drake/dni/Nighthawk and follow instructions in the op to join.

Ehhhh. Eve is bad for me, and I'm bad at eve. I like the chill corp, though.