Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Matinee posted:

I read the novel when it came out and I thought the bit where he tries to get in with the modern-day neo-nazi movement but they kick the poo poo out of him because they think he's an Andy Kauffman-style piss-taking YouTube comedian was a pretty funny spin on how things would probably go.

I read it in German, which I'm near-native in, and it was hard going - just because it's written in the first person, and therefore in very fancy formal language (I guess like Hilter wrote in?), where you don't find until the end of the very long sentence what verb is actually being used, out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Tarnop posted:

It might be a popular policy but it's bad for capital so the answer is no. That's what Labour's game is. It doesn't matter if they win or not, they exist to mark the leftmost point for acceptable political ideas.

Yeah, it makes sense as soon as you look at it through the lens of the Establishment parties being there to sustain the status quo rather than reflect the wishes of the voters. So what if there's been a solid majority for renationalisation for years and years: the billionaires don't want it, so it's not on the agenda. gently caress you plebs: have some more austerity instead.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Bobstar posted:

I read it in German, which I'm near-native in, and it was hard going - just because it's written in the first person, and therefore in very fancy formal language (I guess like Hilter wrote in?), where you don't find until the end of the very long sentence what verb is actually being used, out.

A verb though, "out" isn't.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
gently caress around and at the end of a very long sentence detailing further aspects find out.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Yeah, it makes sense as soon as you look at it through the lens of the Establishment parties being there to sustain the status quo rather than reflect the wishes of the voters. So what if there's been a solid majority for renationalisation for years and years: the billionaires don't want it, so it's not on the agenda. gently caress you plebs: have some more austerity instead.
Public ownership and infrastructure improvement would be good for the sort of capital that's involved in productive sectors, too bad it's all zombie capital landlords.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Private Speech posted:

It's the second half of the phrasal verb "find out". Rewrite it using a word like "discover" instead.

Fake edit: welp, time to get heartbroken by an England sporting performance again, here we go.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

One of these situations where I refuse to believe such a thing existed until today, despite everyone treating it like prestigious and longstanding tradition.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Private Speech posted:

The truth will out.

I'll out you if it does.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Answers Me posted:

One of these situations where I refuse to believe such a thing existed until today, despite everyone treating it like prestigious and longstanding tradition.

The Boris Johnson Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

jiggerypokery posted:

The truth will out.

I'll out you if it does.
Dick's out for Harambe. :nixon:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I just remembered I still had a campaign letter from starmer's leadership campaign in the pile somewhere, dug it out and it is deeply cursed, it folds out into a big poster of starmer.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Guavanaut posted:

gently caress around and at the end of a very long sentence detailing further aspects find out.

Public ownership and infrastructure improvement would be good for the sort of capital that's involved in productive sectors, too bad it's all zombie capital landlords.

Yeah I mean that's the thing isn't it. Businesses/sectors which actually justify their own existence easily by being a public good mostly don't have to get involved in giving large amounts of money to politicians. It's the ones that are dodgy as poo poo, inherently exploitative, terrible value or bad for the population in general (so gambling, landlords, polluters, privatisers etc.) who do, and subsequently that's what's behind every bloody mainstream politician barring like 5-10 in the UK.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

quote:

The Sir Winston Churchill Leadership Award was first presented in person by Sir Winston’s grandson in 2006. Past recipients of the award include HRH The Prince of Wales, former British prime ministers The Rt Hon Baroness Thatcher and the Rt Hon Sir John Major, and former US secretaries of state Madeleine Albright and James A. Baker III.

So when you want some free PR or a free dinner, wheel it out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Who's ready for sexy starmer? Featuring three word slogans!

A load of bollocks!

Fabulous celebrity endorsements!

The whole thing:

Also he really does have a weird way of signing his name, mr... lev satan?

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 26, 2022

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My favourite bit in the Truss reacting to the fall clip is after she recovers, she side-eyes Rishi and then slowly moves towards the body. Some real "did she drink the poisoned water glass meant for me?" vibes

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Tesseraction posted:

My favourite bit in the Truss reacting to the fall clip is after she recovers, she side-eyes Rishi and then slowly moves towards the body. Some real "did she drink the poisoned water glass meant for me?" vibes

Liz Truss: OMG it worked! I actually bored someone to death!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Very antisemitic of him.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
complaining that someone's absolutely normal signature doesn't look acceptable...

I would be interested in going back to tomlinson, huq and whoever for their viewpoints now though.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

I appreciate that Zelenskyy needs to remain diplomatic but I would've told Johnson to shove it up his arse, I can't believe how crass it is for this half-filled sack of poo poo to give an award for bravery to a guy in a loving war zone. What the gently caress does he know about it???????

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I know Boris didn't want to resign but he has to look on the bright side. Now he has more time to paint his wine crate buses. That has to count for something?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SoozUK/status/1552013531012374528

:allears:

e: Audrey is the person who confronted Keith, and is a great follow
https://twitter.com/RedRosa91940184/status/1551999660113420289

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 26, 2022

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

OwlFancier posted:

A load of bollocks!

The whole thing:

I have a catchy three word slogan

gently caress
OFF
KIETH

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

It looks like Kieth just passed out drunk against a fence, and she's making a wanker motion at him. A situation he's definitely been in at some point

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

ooouuuhhh

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Portuguese police closing in.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

OwlFancier posted:

A load of bollocks!

The whole thing:

IIRC that mailing cost tens of thousands to send, and he's never disclosed where the money came from.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

keep punching joe posted:

Portuguese police closing in.
I was going to say if I had that name in media I'd consider changing it, like if I was a block paver called Fred West.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

I was going to say if I had that name in media I'd consider changing it, like if I was a block paver called Fred West.

I was about to post "the tuna guys didn't change their name :colbert: " but then I double checked and that's John West lol

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I appreciate that Zelenskyy needs to remain diplomatic but I would've told Johnson to shove it up his arse, I can't believe how crass it is for this half-filled sack of poo poo to give an award for bravery to a guy in a loving war zone. What the gently caress does he know about it???????

Zelenskyy admires Boris* and admires Churchill* even more, I'm sure he was very moved by it all.

*he knows not what he does

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Hey did I miss the bus on that new gang tag

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Guavanaut posted:

On a swing in a kids playground a few years back

https://www.sutcliffeplay.co.uk/

Just take the L and change it.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

On a swing in a kids playground a few years back

https://www.sutcliffeplay.co.uk/

Just take the L and change it.

at least they're not a tools supplier

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I swear the origin of that is going to give me some sort of mental break one day. I will be sitting there and think of "ouuhhh" and experience total derealization.

I don't think anything has ever before or since elicited such a complex emotional response, utter bafflement, horror, admiration. All things all at once.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 26, 2022

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

took a while to realise those were Fs and not Ts

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The thing that breaks me every time is how the account was only 3 or 4 days old and called "guy who only replies to dipshits" or something.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Only Kindness posted:

It's the second half of the phrasal verb "find out". Rewrite it using a word like "discover" instead.

Fake edit: welp, time to get heartbroken by an England sporting performance again, here we go.

So it's an adverb then.

Mostly joking I see your point, but in say Latin you'd still put the verb part last.

jiggerypokery posted:

The truth will out.

I'll out you if it does.

Well it's not a verb in that sentence. :colbert:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

OwlFancier posted:

I swear the origin of that is going to give me some sort of mental break one day. I will be sitting there and think of "ouuhhh" and experience total derealization.

I don't think anything has ever before or since elicited such a complex emotional response, utter bafflement, horror, admiration. All things all at once.

...is this one of those things I don't want to know about

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Angepain posted:

...is this one of those things I don't want to know about

Imagine the most absurd way you can realistically think of to own your posting enemies on the internet. It is more absurd than that. The sheer force of retaliation combined with the utter improbability of having the material components to hand. Just unfathomable, you could never expect it.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/MILFWEEED/status/1551799148038332416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The best use of out is as a modifier for itself.

“Are we going out tonight? Like, out out?”