Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Morpheus posted:

"But dad I already did the le-"
"But you didn't get all the collectibles! Back to the level! Again! Again!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hey, anyone else MASSIVELY disappointed with RE: Revelations 2? I didn't play 1, but some early thoughts...

- gyro/motion aiming, despite being in the menu and enabled, doesn't seem to work whatsoever. Is it joycon only? I play with an 8bitdo, which is essentially a Pro controller

- wow is this game slooooooow (even comparing it to RE4's action, which I love because it's perfect)

- Raid mode feels clunky and filled with bullshit. No, I don't want to sign up for RE net.

- even the menus have load times.

I'm sincerely hoping that, as I play it, it'll get better. I kinda only got it for Raid mode, I don't give a poo poo about single player, but I'll probably go through it sometime.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey, anyone else MASSIVELY disappointed with RE: Revelations 2? I didn't play 1, but some early thoughts...

- gyro/motion aiming, despite being in the menu and enabled, doesn't seem to work whatsoever. Is it joycon only? I play with an 8bitdo, which is essentially a Pro controller

Yeah it's joycon only.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sam Faust posted:

Yeah it's joycon only.

Ok, well, that's a dumb decision but at least it is a decision.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Kirby sparks joy.

If there was a camera watching me play this smiling by myself…

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/Tomenheimer/status/1551728542479630336?t=DyUmiypj-EZ2AtM_re4hsw&s=19

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Hong Kong Massacre is on sale for $3 for another week and if you can get over the “it’s a hotline Miami ripoff” mentality it’s a great little shoot ‘em up

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Wow I just finished Minerva's Den in BioShock 2 and that was great! It's like an entire half length bioshock 2 game I had never played before, and the story was pretty cool. A bit more low-key and personal than the main campaign but it worked

The gameplay itself was fun, even more polished Bioshock 2 gameplay with a few small additions such as more elemental typed enemies, a bad rear end new laser weapon one new plasmid, and three brand new levels (although level design they don't really do much different compared to the original game, but that's fine)

I really enjoyed the ending too because it was kind of contemplative and chill. A nice contrast to the other Bioshock games that always get ridiculous movie drama endings, this one still packed an emotional punch but It felt more mature and real, as far as Bioshock games go anyway

Bioshock 2 owns

Oh yeah, I somehow missed the machine gun on both the main campaign and the DLC until near the very end of the game where I was able to just pick up one from a random late game enemy, wtf. I don't think that's ever happened to me before

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jul 26, 2022

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

You can now make QR codes that link to friend requests, the time has come for giant forum sig pics to return

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/07/nintendo-has-updated-its-switch-online-app-to-version-2-2-0-see-whats-included

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

wishlisted

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

KingSlime posted:

Wow I just finished Minerva's Den in BioShock 2 and that was great! It's like an entire half length bioshock 2 game I had never played before, and the story was pretty cool. A bit more low-key and personal than the main campaign but it worked

The gameplay itself was fun, even more polished Bioshock 2 gameplay with a few small additions such as more elemental typed enemies, a bad rear end new laser weapon one new plasmid, and three brand new levels (although level design they don't really do much different compared to the original game, but that's fine)

I really enjoyed the ending too because it was kind of contemplative and chill. A nice contrast to the other Bioshock games that always get ridiculous movie drama endings, this one still packed an emotional punch but It felt more mature and real, as far as Bioshock games go anyway

Bioshock 2 owns

Oh yeah, I somehow missed the machine gun on both the main campaign and the DLC until near the very end of the game where I was able to just pick up one from a random late game enemy, wtf. I don't think that's ever happened to me before

Hell yeah. Bioshock 2 and Minervas den are great.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

- wow is this game slooooooow (even comparing it to RE4's action, which I love because it's perfect)

- Raid mode feels clunky and filled with bullshit. No, I don't want to sign up for RE net.

- even the menus have load times.

I'm sincerely hoping that, as I play it, it'll get better. I kinda only got it for Raid mode, I don't give a poo poo about single player, but I'll probably go through it sometime.

It's not amazing, but I enjoyed my time with it as a bargain basement RE4. I learned to forgive the worst of the sin, and as time goes on the shooting gets more interesting.

Everything wrong with it is 10x worse in Revelations 1, so definitely give that a miss if your not enjoying 2.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Morpheus posted:

"But dad I already did the le-"
"But you didn't get all the collectibles! Back to the level! Again! Again!"

"You got all the gems, now just get all the boxes and don't die in one go!"

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1551951162915569664

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

umm, idk how I feel about being Risky Kong.

also Uppity Kong? yeesh, definitely written by someone in the UK

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I do not think they thought through all of the implications of the name "Uppity Kong"

Yappy Kong is on thin ice too

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
"My name is Quirky Kong! [holds up spork] Normal people scare me....WAFFLE, CHEESE, SQUIRREL!"

I am actually Swanky Kong, which is funny because I am basic as gently caress.

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 26, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Funky Kong :cool:

Which is funny because I couldn’t be further removed from the actual character

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 26, 2022

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Another unknown lovely Japanese game just dropped (maybe this was not recent, I only just saw it) on the NES collection, feel free to play it for three minutes before never touching it again.

As is tradition.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I like that your Donkey Kong name can just be Donkey Kong

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

neato burrito posted:

Another unknown lovely Japanese game just dropped (maybe this was not recent, I only just saw it) on the NES collection, feel free to play it for three minutes before never touching it again.

As is tradition.

God, finally.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

neato burrito posted:

As is tradition.

Is it Atlantis no Nazo? (which rules btw)

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Nyoro posted:

Is it Atlantis no Nazo? (which rules btw)

It's called Daiva Story 6: Imperial of Nirsartia

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Read After Burning posted:

"My name is Quirky Kong! [holds up spork] Normal people scare me....WAFFLE, CHEESE, SQUIRREL!"

I am actually Swanky Kong, which is funny because I am basic as gently caress.

I'm Cranky Kong. :corsair:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I got Leo Luster

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

KingSlime posted:

Bioshock 2 owns

Alright now go play the sequel to Minerva’s Den, Gone Home

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sakurazuka posted:

Well the original version (or at least the PS1 I played) already had that and levelling was still painful lol

Leveling just took a bit of time by having two clerics punch each other for a few hours, then having your party hit them with rocks for a bit. :v:

I think the remake graphics look bad in those screenshots. Running sprites through a filter doesn’t make them “HD” ffs!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I want to see Xanadu Kong in the next DK game.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

flavor.flv posted:

I do not think they thought through all of the implications of the name "Uppity Kong"

Yappy Kong is on thin ice too

absolutely zero implications in the UK, where this is from. I've just had to google to figure out what the issue is, uppity is benign as hell here

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Morpheus posted:

I want to see Xanadu Kong in the next DK game.

That would require them to actually make a new DK game again (not counting remakes the last one to my knowledge was Tropical Freeze back in 2014)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Well I've beaten Live-A-Live and holy poo poo, what a missing gem of a game that was.

Someone compared it to Octopath Traveler, which I don't really think is a fair comparison. I like Octopath Traveler, but it doesn't hold a candle to this game. If anything, it's the game OT wanted to be.

You need to play this game if you have any fondness for its contemporaries, like Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy 6. It's absolutely on their level.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It also does a really great job of showcasing what HD2D is capable of. Give us all the loving remakes Square.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You need to play this game if you have any fondness for its contemporaries, like Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy 6. It's absolutely on their level.

That's a mighty bold claim, wishlisted.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Well I've beaten Live-A-Live and holy poo poo, what a missing gem of a game that was.

Someone compared it to Octopath Traveler, which I don't really think is a fair comparison. I like Octopath Traveler, but it doesn't hold a candle to this game. If anything, it's the game OT wanted to be.

Octopath Traveler really should've been more like Live A Live, yeah. If each character had a totally separate story with their own supporting cast and little genre/gameplay quirks (as opposed to just dragging all the other player characters around silently most of the time) it would've been a lot stronger.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hopefully the Sony wanting to buy Square rumor is nonsense. If it does happen I’d bet we’d say goodbye to the cool low budget games like Triangle Strat and Dungeon Encounters

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

DC Murderverse posted:

Alright now go play the sequel to Minerva’s Den, Gone Home

I vaguely remember playing this one and 100 percent absolutely nothing happens in it. Or whatever happens was incredibly boring to me and my friends who were watching me play it?

0/10 game, couldn't shoot bees into my enemies' eyes

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think it’s a walking sim where you learn that your sister was gay or something. I think it was free on PS+ back in the day and I played it and thought it was okay.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yawn Roam I’d call it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Only thing I remember from it is a light bulb exploding. It was the most interesting part of the walking simulator.