Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Scientastic posted:

I have had the misfortune of seeing some bits from Geoff Norcott and Chris McGlade and they are painfully unfunny

For the longest time, i asumed Geoff Norcott was a bit the Mash report came up with, like Barry Shitpeas or Philomena Cunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Scientastic posted:

The best use of out is as a modifier for itself.

“Are we going out tonight? Like, out out?”
I always assumed that somehow originally came from something to do with word duplication for literal emphasis seen in Nguni languages, like actually now, actually out, actually good. As opposed to 'just'. "Are we going out tonight? Like, out out?" "Just out, man."
It wouldn't be the strangest linguistic reverse colonization in English.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

lol

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1551926912414515203

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

i thought this was a coldwar steve for > 5 seconds

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Angepain posted:

...is this one of those things I don't want to know about

OwlFancier posted:

Imagine the most absurd way you can realistically think of to own your posting enemies on the internet. It is more absurd than that. The sheer force of retaliation combined with the utter improbability of having the material components to hand. Just unfathomable, you could never expect it.

Some UK cop was being a wanker online at a lefty twitter peep and this several-days-old Twitter account responded with a picture of... I still can't bring myself to say it plainly. But after the ouuuuuuhhhhh they said I just came on your mum and the attached picture was a funeral booklet for the cop's mum covered in fresh semen

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Angepain posted:

...is this one of those things I don't want to know about
To the internet, it is always the tweet. I have seldom heard them mention it under any other name. In their eyes it eclipses and predominates the whole of its media. It was not that they felt any emotion akin to love for Guy Who Replies To Dipshits. All emotions, and that one particularly, were abhorrent to their cold, precise but admirably balanced mind. They were, I take it, the most perfect reasoning and observing machine that the world has seen.... And yet there was but one tweet to them, and that tweet was by the late Guy Who Replies To Dipshits, of dubious and questionable memory.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Genuinely the worst tweet I've ever seen and yet that opening word is burned indelibly into my brain by the horror of the attached image.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I don't remember another single thing ever that drew such revulsion and awe in equal measures

Just waves of the same question traveling around the world.. Have you seen it? Truly the most powerful of tweets. One for the ages

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I admire the incredible power of that tweet. In a way, I love it as a saviour

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I never thought keyboard goop could be improved upon, but that tweet really raised the bar

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I somehow missed that one

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
all very normal

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It really was incredible, the sheer, unparalleled violence of it. Like yeah the cop was being a sneering wee poo poo or whatever but that tweeter just went like loving... like that bit in equilibrium where his polygraph flatlines and then he murders hundreds of bad guys. Just cannot imagine the sheer stone cold desire to obliterate the psyche of your posting enemies that must have happened there. Unfathomable, you are at once horrified and yet also struck with the feeling that you will never quite achieve the same level of power and perfection of purpose that this person has done. Their entire life to this point was building to this perfect moment of posting violence, it strikes the mind with a force beyond processing, and all who witnessed it are moved by it in some way.

Even still when I think of it I am moved to do this weird kind of scream laugh, I have never fully dealt with the experience and I don't think i ever will.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Ok what’s Reg D Hunter done thats bad? No idea who anyone else on that list is but if someone’s calling themselves Dankula it’s probably not great.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I bet that makes life interesting.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I forgot about that tweet

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

lol I did not know the backstory to the tweet or that it really was the mum of the guy being replied to holy poo poo

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

andyf posted:

Ok what’s Reg D Hunter done thats bad? No idea who anyone else on that list is but if someone’s calling themselves Dankula it’s probably not great.

Dankula is the dumbass alt right edgelord who taught his girlfriend's dog to nazi salute when he talked about gassing Jews. Ofc famous antisemitism disliker JK Rowling came in to bat for him because he was 'only joking', not like those nasty lefties who racistly do things like pronounce people's surnames correctly.

ijyt posted:

I forgot about that tweet

Someone please link it I've never seen this and it sounds like amazing drama.

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 27, 2022

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

ThomasPaine posted:

^^^ pls

Also gdi frankie boyle. Are any old qi or mock the week regulars still decent folks - bill bailey perhaps? How bout dara

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Tesseraction posted:

Some UK cop was being a wanker online at a lefty twitter peep and this several-days-old Twitter account responded with a picture of... I still can't bring myself to say it plainly. But after the ouuuuuuhhhhh they said I just came on your mum and the attached picture was a funeral booklet for the cop's mum covered in fresh semen

:ohno:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Warning: Don't pull a crafty Darren Grimes on a French nudist beach.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/lyon-shooting-nudist-beach-france-b2130411.html

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ThomasPaine posted:

Holy poo poo I found it:

:nms: Do not click this link :nms:

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Fumble posted:

For the longest time, i asumed Geoff Norcott was a bit the Mash report came up with, like Barry Shitpeas or Philomena Cunk.

No Geoff Norcott is what happens when somebody at the beeb realises they've accidentally let a show on the air that isn't even a little bit right wing. They bring that prick on to go "Ah, starving kids, not that bad, quite funny really".

loving prick.

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Holy poo poo I found it

Thank you for doing the needful. And uhhhhhh... yeaahh... what the others said. Gonna go away from the internet a bit, now.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NoneMoreNegative posted:

On a swing in a kids playground a few years back

https://www.sutcliffeplay.co.uk/

Just take the L and change it.

When I was last unemployed, I took a certain amount of morbid amusement from the fact that the only way into my assigned Job Centre was a Schindler lift.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Where was he keeping the gun?

e: oh it's answered in the article.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

andyf posted:

Told lots of terrible rape jokes then gotten mad when people didn't like them, including the woman whose rape he worked into his act as a gag.

Edit: super mad

https://twitter.com/thetwerkinggirl/status/1551952749893455873?t=Q-qzwCB9cWTXRCq_sQ-Q6g&s=19

quote:

“A woman may call another woman a bitch or, at times, laughingly will refer to herself as a bitch,” he said. “But when a heterosexual male does it he is called (drumroll please…) a misogynist.

“I guess ‘bitch’ is women’s ‘N-word’.”

Kegluneq fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jul 27, 2022

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Switzerland posted:

Thank you for doing the needful. And uhhhhhh... yeaahh... what the others said. Gonna go away from the internet a bit, now.
It's really something. The cop made a dunkable post, no doubt, but the guy goes from 0 to 90 instantly. There is zero escalation, he goes straight for a nuclear option none of us even thought possible, and does it with no hesitation or regret whatsoever. It's stunning.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
A response so disproportionate it would make the IDF blush

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Can any response to the police really be regarded as disproportionate?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ACAB TBQH IMO.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's really something. The cop made a dunkable post, no doubt, but the guy goes from 0 to 90 instantly. There is zero escalation, he goes straight for a nuclear option none of us even thought possible, and does it with no hesitation or regret whatsoever. It's stunning.

90? Oh you're thinking like miles per hour, I was thinking "no no he goes above 100%"

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

One of the all time greatest moments in the history of flaming. Just no regard for the human being, straight for the kill. A very good tweet.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
On balance I’d rather go to that spiked gig than try to read another story on WalesOnline

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Switzerland posted:

Thank you for doing the needful. And ouhhhhhh...

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I saw Reginald twice at the Fringe, I think way back in 2014 first time, then 2016 or something next time. The first time he was okay, funny in a sort of deliberately offensive way, but nothing incredibly nasty and it was a good enough show. The second time though was pretty dire - he was obviously hungover and said so, and his act was pretty much a repetition of the year or two before. He didn't seem to be able to create any new material. I think he dropped out of the Fringe around 2018, which wasn't surprising.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Weird how free thinking comedians are all spectacularly unoriginal.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
know that hitler bloke right?

maybe he wasn't so bad after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
know how blokes like cars yeah?

women like shoes instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
thick people love hearing the stupid things they think said out loud in front of lots of people though