Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1552006740111028224?t=DbtS7csvsayUK7yp8K1c4g&s=19

Ruh Roh Shaggy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

loving lol at the defense asking if the clock could please run out already.

Lmao.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

So what the hell do they mean by Fog of War again?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

BigRed0427 posted:

So what the hell do they mean by Fog of War again?

There's some assumption there will be bad fact checking ultra close to events being reported on. And reporters can be emotionally effected and not say the correct thing while in the moment.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

ILL Machina posted:

There's some assumption there will be bad fact checking ultra close to events being reported on. And reporters can be emotionally effected and not say the correct thing while in the moment.

...5 years later...

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I just don't understand why they're not saying. Yes and those news outlets released retractions alex hasn't and repeated this in 20 loving twenty one

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I can hear Jordan silently scream from here

My god Daria

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think this has ever come up in a Law and Order episode and thats my only source of legal matters. Could Dan be called as an expert witness, or would him having an infowars podcast be considered a conflict of interest?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I don't think this has ever come up in a Law and Order episode and thats my only source of legal matters. Could Dan be called as an expert witness, or would him having an infowars podcast be considered a conflict of interest?

He could but it would mean that he could not discuss the case specifically and possibly Alex Jones generally until after the trial.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Your Gay Uncle posted:

He is actually an expert witness, just not giving testimony. He's consulting.

But yeah, he could.

Also loving love that Daria felt the need to clarify Gotham geography.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I can’t wait to see a recording. The KF subreddit is being a legal wiener and not letting anybody posts recordings or even screenshots.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Marsupial Ape posted:

I can’t wait to see a recording. The KF subreddit is being a legal wiener and not letting anybody posts recordings or even screenshots.

Because it is illegal to do so and it would definitely get reported if it was posted there

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I watched the whole god drat thing. It was absolutely exhausting, especially Daria’s testimony.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I watched most of it and following Jordan on twitter.

If the next episode of KF doesn't start off with Jordan screaming for a solid 10 minutes, what's the point?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Looks like the full recording is now available on YT on the same link the livestream was up on, which means I know what I'm putting on in the background at work.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Gonna stitch Daria’s testimony into a cover of 4’33”.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Piell posted:

Because it is illegal to do so and it would definitely get reported if it was posted there

Yeah its super touchy as to where court footage can and can't be shown so yeah it should not be posted here.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

At the end of the stream the judge talked about the hours of time each side spent. Do they account for the amount of time they have to ask Daria 8 times to answer a simple yes/no question? She’s infuriating on the formulaic objections episodes.

E: also surely someone has shown the judge the footage of Alex calling it a show trial in the courtroom hallway while it is going on by now.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 27, 2022

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

red19fire posted:

At the end of the stream the judge talked about the hours of time each side spent. Do they account for the amount of time they have to ask Daria 8 times to answer a simple yes/no question? She’s infuriating on the formulaic objections episodes.

It’s like soccer. They get time back for fuckery but it’s not like it’s perfect accounting.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

red19fire posted:

E: also surely someone has shown the judge the footage of Alex calling it a show trial in the courtroom hallway while it is going on by now.

He received a warning. That'll stop him!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

It's literally just a perfect re-enactment of the deposition.

Daria still has absolutely no response for these Halbig e-mails, and they're still one of the most agonizing thing to ever be read.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Did Wolfgang Halbig have to give a deposition or testify?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

Did Wolfgang Halbig have to give a deposition or testify?

I think* he's one of the people who has straight up hosed off.

*Note that this is a vague enough memory that it should be treated as just "guy who listens to Knowledge Fight depo epos a lot think this might be the case, maybe"

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

If I were Alex's lawyer I'd have tackled her off the stand by now.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

LionYeti posted:

If I were Alex's lawyer I'd have tackled her off the stand by now.

It's like watching someone getting eaten alive by increasingly large and aggressive ants.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1552355447994195969

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Listening to the Halloween party episode which is basically Rashomon except every different perspective of the night is from the same person

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/DJDanarchy/status/1552062733079744516?t=QKQjGRAjrVyBz9E5-N8tkw&s=19

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I really wish that there had been a real trial, so we could see how fast the guilty verdict would have come down.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Mark Bankston got Daria to cry on the stand.

So that's cool.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
"I don't know why I can't get you to answer a simple question"

Mark, you shark.

gagther
Jul 27, 2022
Is it legal to share the VODs? I didn't get to finish watching yesterday and foolishly expected them to stay up for longer than like 12 hours after the end of the stream.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

gagther posted:

Is it legal to share the VODs? I didn't get to finish watching yesterday and foolishly expected them to stay up for longer than like 12 hours after the end of the stream.

Unless you have written permission from the judge to record or share pictures video and audio from the trial you should not.

gagther
Jul 27, 2022

Mr. Nice! posted:

Unless you have written permission from the judge to record or share pictures video and audio from the trial you should not.

Wasn't planning on it, just curious if anyone actually understands the intricacies of the legality

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

So on the KF podcast, they won’t be using audio at all, then?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

MrMojok posted:

They might have permission from the judge. There are ways to get access to these things. It's all public record unless part of a specific protective order or something.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

MrMojok posted:

Correct. Altho there's no clips in the new episode due to technical difficulty.

This appear to be going well
https://twitter.com/sebastianmurdoc/status/1552414582521663488

duz fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 27, 2022

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Curse you competent interns and you're taking down of today's livestream. Hopefully the video gets released later as I really enjoyed listening to yesterdays at work.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Jordan tweeted a picture of the courtroom cameraman to whom Alex said on a hot mic during a break "I had text messages from you but they didn't check my phone" but deleted the tweet not long after. Might have realized sharing stuff from the stream is a no-no. Might have not wanted to just straight up accuse a guy in the room of some poo poo without knowing for sure. Either way probably smart to delete. Either way pretty shady comment from Alex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Recordings are available. Check the op of the other thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4008312&pagenumber=24&perpage=40