Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

about to drop under 48% which i assume means i have to delete my account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Just had a 7 kill loss in my O-I, died because a Jackson got a lucky snapshot on me :smith:. Hilarious game regardless.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Just had one of the best games I've ever played and it was a loss. I am sure I could have done more/played differently, but 6.9k damage is nothing to be ashamed of. Honestly I am not really upset by the game. I had a load of fun and went on a murder spree.

I hope you all enjoy this one, it is quite a roller coaster:

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6307449

YouTube: https://youtu.be/lSO6SIzXMtI

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

are there just plateaus you have to get thru

I felt like I was improving, and now that all the tech trees im going down are in the tier 8-10 range i feel like i'm just as bad as I was

for reference i just hit 2k battles and apparently that's new but like, it's not that mechanically difficult a game

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

are there just plateaus you have to get thru

I felt like I was improving, and now that all the tech trees im going down are in the tier 8-10 range i feel like i'm just as bad as I was

for reference i just hit 2k battles and apparently that's new but like, it's not that mechanically difficult a game

It took me a while to "get back into the groove". Meta changes, maps change, you change, etc. Also it really depends on the tanks you are using as well, for example I was trying to grind the T9 Sweds but they were not clicking for me and thusly were sinking my stats. Went back to my tried-and-true heavies and sure enough my stats went back up. Don't beat yourself up too much, there is only so much you can control during the game. Sometimes, the enemies will just randomly swarm the position you took and you end up with 0 damage.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

It took me a while to "get back into the groove". Meta changes, maps change, you change, etc. Also it really depends on the tanks you are using as well, for example I was trying to grind the T9 Sweds but they were not clicking for me and thusly were sinking my stats. Went back to my tried-and-true heavies and sure enough my stats went back up. Don't beat yourself up too much, there is only so much you can control during the game. Sometimes, the enemies will just randomly swarm the position you took and you end up with 0 damage.

Yup, this. Or you take a solid position, but the enemy team just snipes off the rest of your team around you leaving you over extended and no way to get out of the situation. It is just how it is some times.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
RNGesus giveth, and thusly taketh away.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I kinda feel bad about this, but I don't have enough free xp to grind through the tree:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the kv-4

sucks poo poo

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

the kv-4

sucks poo poo

It's great at getting hit by gold shells from literally everyone.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

This is every tank in the game though.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mesadoram posted:

Reinstalled mods so battle hits got cleared but I had a stand off side scraing against a KV-4 with my Lowe.

Like a dozen APCR penetrations into his top hat, he only managed 1 out of 5 into me.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The Lowe is pretty decent at side scraping after it got buffed.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

This is every tank in the game though.

:hmmyes:

Used free xp and schematics to skip the T6 Japanese medium tank (it looks truly horrible) but I don't have enough cash to buy it. Being broke sucks in this game :smith:.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mesadoram posted:

:hmmyes:

Used free xp and schematics to skip the T6 Japanese medium tank (it looks truly horrible) but I don't have enough cash to buy it. Being broke sucks in this game :smith:.

The tier 7 is actually kinda fun.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The tier 6 is okay. It's playable.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I started this up and tried a game today in my Conq. Everyone was so passive, some early suicides then nothing till timer ran out really. I'm not up on all the new things in the game, is it just guns are so powerful now that any mistake is punished by just dying?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah that can happen when all the lights explode early, on large open maps.
There is just soo many 150mm TDs and heavy autoloaders now, even an IS-7 going gently caress it mode just vanishes in the blink of an eye once it leaves hard cover.

The opposite is much more common though. Some heavy makes a mistake in a crucial position, blows up and opens the gates of Mordor. 2min 30s later the game is over 3-15

Or my new favorite on maps like Lakeville or Steppes. One team (always yours) decides to not leave the vicinity of their base and 'defends'
Naturally this opens the gates of Mordor for a quick 3-15 as well. I have yet to understand the mentality behind this one :unsmith:

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 27, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
New arcade mode is... meh. Not as fun as the last one.

Got my bonds and got out.

Also, I have 12k bonds now. Should I just save them up or should I get the Foch (or a TD premium)?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
tier 5 bond French TD is very good
121B is a very strong tier X medium
T-34-3 is ok if you want a 'fun' brawler medium that makes some credits maybe
T-103, Patriot or Liberte to grind out credits. Flip a coin if unsure which. if you already got a fun credit grinder, avoid at all costs.
don't buy any other tank from the bond store please, unless you are swimming in them from ranked/clan wars.
bond stabilizers on 'problematic' tanks are very noticeably better than regular ones, so are bond optics on scouts that use the bonus slot for a CVS
bond vents are ok, too I mean if you use vents might as well get the best ones. for rammers I usually stay with bounty ones
the rest is up to you

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 30, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

sauer kraut posted:

tier 5 bond French TD is very good
121B is a very strong tier X medium
T-34-3 is ok if you want a 'fun' brawler medium that makes some credits maybe
T-103, Patriot or Liberte to grind out credits. Flip a coin if unsure which. if you already got a fun credit grinder, avoid at all costs.
don't buy any other tank from the bond store please, unless you are swimming in them from ranked/clan wars.
bond stabilizers on 'problematic' tanks are very noticeably better than regular ones, so are bond optics on scouts that use the bonus slot for a CVS
bond vents are ok, too I mean if you use vents might as well get the best ones. for rammers I usually stay with bounty ones
the rest is up to you

Thank for for the info. I will probably just save it up in case they add a new and interesting tank.

Also, having a very very bad time with the STA:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah those kind of tanks have had the rug pulled out from under them.
Bulky meds without armor or mobility, 240 damage nerf guns on long reloads, often with slow shells if they're non-premiums.
Only thing you can do is play it like a really bad Skorpion :smith:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

sauer kraut posted:

Yeah those kind of tanks have had the rug pulled out from under them.
Bulky meds without armor or mobility, 240 damage nerf guns on long reloads, often with slow shells if they're non-premiums.
Only thing you can do is play it like a really bad Skorpion :smith:

Yeah, it kinda feels like it is just missing something. I started to get the hang of it, but I had to stop due to my blood pressure getting up there:

Gonna need to grind out credits, buying this tank got me poor again :smith:.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Make of this what you will.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MariusLecter posted:

Make of this what you will.

Can't put my finger on it but my gut is saying I deeply hate this image.

Edit: I should be able to get 12 tokens by the end of this season. Do they carry over to next? I am not really interested in any of the tanks (I already have the AE and Char). Cobra looks hilarious, but I feel like I would get too pissed at it, so if I save them for next season I might be able to get something I like.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 31, 2022

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Grabbed the CDA 105 rental from this month's prime thing and taking it out in a completely unskilled crew with no equipment, it worked surprisingly well and the gun seems amazing.

Aside from it being made of paper, are there any noteworthy "gotchyas" with this tank? Considering picking it up on discount after its rental expires. How is it for credit making, etc?

Mesadoram posted:

Can't put my finger on it but my gut is saying I deeply hate this image.
It's always "fun" seeing people who literally did nothing on the other team, end up with more EXP than someone who got kills and did more damage than the health of their tank, simply because the other team won.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

sushibandit posted:

Grabbed the CDA 105 rental from this month's prime thing and taking it out in a completely unskilled crew with no equipment, it worked surprisingly well and the gun seems amazing.

Aside from it being made of paper, are there any noteworthy "gotchyas" with this tank? Considering picking it up on discount after its rental expires. How is it for credit making, etc?

That thing can do some trollish bounces when peeking over a mild hilltop or angling upwards on a rubble pile. Other than that it's just the AMX 30 gun in a casemate TD :confused:
It was part of the referral rewards until that scheme got neutered, so paying money for it is kind of a bad proposition.
See the problem is you do all that wiggling and ambushing just for a chance to do 390 damage with a temperamental French gun, then the enemy is alerted to your position and your life becomes 10x harder still.
I'd hold out for another Skorpion/Su-130 sale. Just drive out from cover sideways and blapp something for 500 with a turret instead.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Like most casemate TD's the AMX CdA suffers greatly in the current meta. I like mine and generally have far better times in it compared to my Kanonenjagdpanzer 105 (in no small part because it doesn't immediately explode the moment anyone even suspects its existence) but it's very much a support vehicle and highly team-dependent. If you're on a team with a bunch of mindless soap-eaters who trundle off to get obliterated one-by-one without so much as spotting an enemy vehicle, then you probably won't get much done.

In other words, enjoyment for the CdA is a total coin-flip. But then so is everything in this loving game.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

On Track for August is AMX 50B and T110E3, two more tanks On Track for the seventh time each.

Meanwhile there are 25 tanks which have been On Track less than twice. :downsbravo:

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Are there sh*t talking bots? I rarely get messages from people to sh*t talk, but when they do just say the same thing months apart. This last dude said "Congrats on hurting your team" and I scrolled up in my chat log with him and he said the same thing a couple more times to me 2 years ago. I noticed this from another person a while back, as well. Maybe it's a clan thing? Like they have an SOP that they have to message people who play a bad game and a script to use? Or are they just super unimaginative?

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 2, 2022

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

One of the qualifiers to play this game is you have to have a broke brain, it is then just an exercise in how broke, with the most broke messaging people the same stupid poo poo whenever they lose, it couldn't possibly be their fault.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Anybody looking for a recruit?

I'm on ps4, and currently 23 games into my 100.

PSN is PraetorianDead

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I don't think anyone here plays this on console.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Finished the STA-1 today, just need some more cash to get the T9. Just one more tank grind till the STB...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

McGavin posted:

On Track for August is AMX 50B and T110E3, two more tanks On Track for the seventh time each.

Meanwhile there are 25 tanks which have been On Track less than twice. :downsbravo:

Just bought the E5

quote:

Purchased: The T110E5 successfully purchased. Spent credits: 6,100,000.

have my 50B crew trained through the whole line sitting in the AMX M4 49 waiting for the credits and on track discount.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I enjoy the E5. People don't respect it enough and forget that it shoots quite fast (IIRC).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Wargaming posted:

Matchmaking Changes
To improve your battle experience, we' introduced new rules for balancing light and wheeled tanks. The matchmaker is now stricter when balancing light tanks between teams and always tries to match light tanks so both teams have identical vehicles. This means there are far fewer battles where the two teams have an unmatched number of light tanks. Plus, wheeled vehicles are now more strictly balanced with other wheeled tanks. We also limit the number of wheeled tanks to one per team.

To support these changes and avoid a significant increase in the waiting time for light tanks in a Platoon, we also introduced a limit of no more than one light/wheeled tank in a Platoon from Tier VII onward.

The second important change concerns the number of SPGs per team. The majority of battles have 0–2 SPGs per team. From now on, the matchmaker aims to keep the number of battles with 3 SPGs per team to an absolute minimum. The 3 SPG per team scenario only occurs when absolutely necessary.

In all situations, the matchmaker prefers to choose another vehicle from the queue instead of selecting a third SPG, but in rare cases in which no other vehicle type is available or the SPG queue becomes too big, the matchmaker fills that slot with a third SPG to decrease the waiting time.

For the initial implementation of this limit, the matchmaker tries to assemble battles with no more than two SPGs per side. However, after a certain period of time, this hard rule becomes a soft one, meaning if the queue has a significant number of SPGs waiting (or not enough other vehicles in the queue), the matchmaker allows three SPGs per side. The number of battles with three SPGs greatly depend on the time of day and day of the week, as well as the state of the queue and the number of artillery players waiting in it.

:amen:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

The map changes look like a good start as well.

Also, Skill did a survey a bit ago taking opinions on various maps and collated with player skill. Basically a break down of each map and rating your reaction to the map on a scale of 1-5 depending on the vehicle type (heavy, medium, etc) and spawn location. Standard battles only. Pretty interesting set of results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY45D0wY0dM

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Unfortunately Arty has not been removed from the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

JuffoWup posted:

The map changes look like a good start as well.

Also, Skill did a survey a bit ago taking opinions on various maps and collated with player skill. Basically a break down of each map and rating your reaction to the map on a scale of 1-5 depending on the vehicle type (heavy, medium, etc) and spawn location. Standard battles only. Pretty interesting set of results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY45D0wY0dM

Didn't get a chance to check it out yet, definitely will do it tomorrow.

Katamari Democracy posted:

Unfortunately Arty has not been removed from the game.

Sadly, they will always be here :smith:.