Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

projecthalaxy posted:

The best disney cartoons are the Goofy "How to X" series

:hai:

Wait this isn't Donald duck chasing latinas around a beach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Another cool disney thing is the original idea for Fantasia where it was going to be this recurring/touring movie that cycled off about half the segments every six months or so and was basically always in first run. Would have been neat imo

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

indigi posted:

I hope this is pirated somewhere I can get it

somewhere the production company behind this is pitching netflix on selling the rights in exchange for some magic beans but netflix is adamant that they need to trade those beans for something valuable like a new car for adam sandler

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Sand man’s latest was a bop tbf

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

metastasis is pretty poo poo dont watch it. its basically breaking bad beat by beat but with telenovela production values

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’d want to at least scan through to check out the highlights

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

somewhere the production company behind this is pitching netflix on selling the rights in exchange for some magic beans but netflix is adamant that they need to trade those beans for something valuable like a new car for adam sandler

that show was on Netflix a few years ago, and may still be on it idk

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/kpkboogie99/status/1551557374372204546?s=20&t=oiwNJqHeor2jwAhF6ZU5eA

:drat: lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Xaris posted:

rick and morty

Rick and Morty is okay although goddamn I hate the backstory episodes just do more dimensional tv. It sucks that they keep killing off good shows for no reason.

TBS and fxx show the same syndicated reruns

Also adult swim still has tuca and bertie and birdgirl also I think robot chicken is still going for some reason

Cancelling Joe Pera was a travesty

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

spacemang_spliff posted:

Also adult swim still has tuca and bertie

that reminds me, is the post-netflix tuca and bertie any good?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
lol

friedkin kicks rear end. i also really like refn a lot even though yes he's up his own rear end but that's part of the charm. Too Old to Die Young is a cspam masterpiece imo. recommend people pop some edibles and watch that poo poo at like 1am

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Xaris posted:

It's okay I guess

It's not an irony poisoned rear end farting for 20 minutes straight so I'm probably not the target audience

Bring back The Drinky Crow Show

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Xaris posted:

lol

friedkin kicks rear end. i also really like refn a lot even though yes he's up his own rear end but that's part of the charm. Too Old to Die Young is a cspam masterpiece imo. recommend people pop some edibles and watch that poo poo at like 1am

He's no more arrogant than Friedkin, and when you've got the filmographies they have, fair enough I say. It's just really funny

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Xaris posted:

I'm wondering this too. I didn't realize it got picked up by adult swim.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

refn > friedkin

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Xaris posted:

lol

is there a director that ins't up their own rear end htough

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
old ppl sucking off citizen kane and 2001 all the time is proetty funny

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

ArmZ posted:

john carpenter

paul verhoeven maybe

hopefully also villenueve but probably not

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

ArmZ posted:

zachary snyder

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

ArmZ posted:

refn > friedkin

lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

it's true. you just have boomer (poo poo) taste

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

In addition to Joe Pera Talks With You, Adult Swim has now also cancelled Three Busy Debras. I don't know what shows they currently have in production now after these two cancellations.

Aren't we finally getting the Metalocalypse conclusion?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dammerung posted:

Aren't we finally getting the Metalocalypse conclusion?

Venture Bros. too

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

only god forgives sucks a poo poo

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

you want an arrogant people in creative leadership roles. Cowards don't make good cinema, sloppy camera work too-safe production design, editing that doesn't add another layer of storytelling. punch me in the gut, impress me. Be bold and fight for your ideas. demand the work be better

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Antonymous posted:

i enjoyed the cinematography and pacing but yea it wasn't very good. same for neon demon. he makes a very specific type of movie and it's definitely not for everyone. i personally like slow-burning light-work night-heavy movies that are often scenes just sitting there in molasses staring at frozen syrup breathing in and out -- but very much that is extremely niche and objectively not very good.

too old to die young was good though.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 00:25 on Jul 27, 2022

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

Venture Bros. too

Doc Hammer got into a pretty big accident several years ago so you might be waiting on this one for a while.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

ArmZ posted:

refn > friedkin

You might be right, I mean this

Xaris posted:

old ppl sucking off citizen kane and 2001 all the time is proetty funny

is at least as cringe as Refn citing his own work as a masterpiece. Friedkin made Sorcerer FFS, why is he appealing to IMDb's top ten for authority! Luckily they dropped it before he could say Shawshank Redemption lol

Antonymous posted:

:wrong:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Sorry old man. Shawshank redemption is now the movie you say when somebody says "Masterpiece." That piece of poo poo Citizen Kane is ranked 94. Only Six more movies away from kicked out of top hundred. Actually 5..... I'm the JOKER Baby! (part 2)
https://www.imdb.com/chart/top/

indigi posted:

as a movie this wasn’t anything great but as a series of semi-sketches it was really really fun. I’d watch a sequel where they abandon any narrative framework and just have Yasiin Bey and Jack Black goofing around making sweded movies

Keep them alive for another 10 years, and we'll eventually get the Bad wa pow deee sha jack black ghostbusters remake (de-make?)

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 01:02 on Jul 27, 2022

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Fart Dumbass posted:

not sure if this belongs in any particular thread but it made me laugh real hard and this seems close enough

https://twitter.com/MILFWEEED/status/1551799148038332416

I laughed too, thanks for sharing.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Heard about this a while ago, I don't think it's a ripoff, I think it's a licensed adaptation

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

it's a ripoff in the sense that The Office is a ripoff of The Office

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
If a kid likes Disney Cartoons more than Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies you should encourage them to get better taste.

Some Guy TT posted:

disney plus is weirdly bullshit with their older cartoons by the way at least half of them arent on the service at all for no obvious reason and the ones they do have you have to search for manually as if anyone remembers offhand the title of a random seven minute long disney short contrast with hbo max which just takes the position that there are thirty one seasons of looney tunes

thats good.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

i watched Grandmother's House (1988) the other day and it was a real missed opportunity - i was hoping for some psycho-biddy goodness but grandma barely factors into the thing at all, and while it's well shot and there's a few interesting moments here and there, the whole thing ends up a confused, badly paced mess thats not really worth your time. i did want to give it some attention, though, since the last thirty seconds of the movie is this kid giving the absolute business to Uncle Leo with a fire axe:

https://i.imgur.com/qwTzRxI.mp4

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Agood_driver/status/1552053774167973888

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Sam Neil noooooo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Who the gently caress still says merry melodies

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

(moderator voice) hm yes who wouldnt find themselves aroused by a mouth as young as that of sally hemings

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Sam Neil noooooo

Sam Neil..... YES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Sam Neil noooooo

I don't want to live in a world where Sam Neill made a cheesy movie!