Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Barudak posted:

It definitely is the fear slomo taken to the extreme. I appreciate dearly that you can kill and be killed super fast but always in a yeah thats my fault way.

I think the only real stinker levels are the boss fight and the destroy this house levels, which is interesting because in the firefight mode they're great.

Did you notice that slowmo gets ever slower when you do flips in the air?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Terminally Bored posted:

Did you notice that slowmo gets ever slower when you do flips in the air?

Yes, but only once I was doing firefight mode. It was a "oh this is real smart" moment when it happened and then became slightly aggravating in an I am an impatient child because the slowmo then is so powerful it feels like the heavy handgun is jammed when you're trying to fire it but god bless its death dealing and sound like thunder

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I still want to play Severed Steel and enjoyed the demo but it still sounds too short for its price and I know I wouldn't get much time out of its endless mode or whatever.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Postal Brain Damage rocks

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

anilEhilated posted:

What's the deal there? Can't seem to find any controversies and while Postal isn't my cup of tea, the game's by the ELDERBORN dev and looks pretty decent.

They had Milo Yiannopoulos in Paradise Lost though according to the Postal wiki when I read about it awhile back they didn't pay him for his appearance.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mordja posted:

I still want to play Severed Steel and enjoyed the demo but it still sounds too short for its price and I know I wouldn't get much time out of its endless mode or whatever.

It has a level editor and you can download user maps, but, lets be real, they'll all be few and middling.

It doesn't have an endless mode, it just has a mode where you replay all the levels sans objectives but with new challenges and can unlock gameplay modifiers and tweaks to the samus aran arm which you can also carry over to NG+ which itself is a harder remix.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
*dies in Angerfoot just to listen to the jams*

hell yeah

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Groovelord Neato posted:

They had Milo Yiannopoulos in Paradise Lost though according to the Postal wiki when I read about it awhile back they didn't pay him for his appearance.
drat

treated him like imc

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/edypagaza1/status/1551338821534507008

🔫🐱

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

OK, who had "five days after Stray's release" on the sweepstake?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/NashMuhandes/status/1551308179522621440

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
YOUR MOTHER SHOOTS CACS IN HELL

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Between this, the Quake-style lightmaps (with live auto-recalculation on RTX cards?) and now the scripted canvas textures that came out of nowhere earlier today, GZDoom's getting so many new features landing all at once that I'm actually having trouble keeping track.

Next version's gonna be wild.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I wonder if lightmapping ever got finalized? I did experiment with it:

...but couldn't get wall/surface lights to work:

These are supposed to emit light onto the walls around them, but seem to have settled for brightmaps for themselves instead.

On a weird note, the lightmap generator is supposed to support GPU raytracing acceleration, but it didn't recognize my RTX3080 for some reason. CPU still worked, but how strange.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcak4em9CAg
I can't believe I'm saying this but... I think I want to play a postal game.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Week-long Retro FPS sale over at GOG. Highlights include every Unreal game from U1 through UT2004 for two bucks each, and the original Rise of the Triad for a lowly 59 cents!

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The Kins posted:

Week-long Retro FPS sale over at GOG. Highlights include every Unreal game from U1 through UT2004 for two bucks each, and the original Rise of the Triad for a lowly 59 cents!

This is your monthly reminder that Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is a fantastic shooter!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

khwarezm posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcak4em9CAg
I can't believe I'm saying this but... I think I want to play a postal game.

I played about 3 hours of it this past weekend and it's definitely a lot of fun, and I appreciate the nuance to the arsenal--most weapons seem to have multiple uses, which gives you a lot of versatility in fights.

I can even see the DNA of the dev's previous game, Elderborn, in a few of the mechanics.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Elderborn was really good for what it was. I would definitely have played another game of it with twice the budget. Like hell am I gonna play postal anything though lol

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Bood West looks and feels really nice but it's also ball crushingly harsh

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

skasion posted:

Elderborn was really good for what it was. I would definitely have played another game of it with twice the budget.

I'd be really interested to see where the developers took it, had they (seemingly) possessed a bigger budget or more time to implement their ideas. I've said it before, but the way the game ends is really jarring. It's basically two large levels and a handful of small arena fights culminating in an abrupt "roll credits". But what's there is great.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1551935129177702400

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
This looks like some stickers and cards and other bits of tat in a box, with a CD and a USB drive, for $150 plus postage. Think I'll stick with the gog version, it already had some extras like the soundtrack and the manuals anyway.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Neat I guess, although a proper blood 2 would be neater.

Edit:

Convex posted:

This looks like some stickers and cards and other bits of tat in a box, with a CD and a USB drive, for $150 plus postage. Think I'll stick with the gog version, it already had some extras like the soundtrack and the manuals anyway.

Yeah surprised it doesn't come with a print out of the manual and a cd copy of the soundtrack for that price. Seems like if it's going for the crowd that want a physical copy and have more money then they know what to do with those would be two of the top things they'd want.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 27, 2022

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cool to see more official Blood stuff coming out but gently caress that price. LRG is absurd.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I've really grown to loathe LRG. Charging triple digits for "collectors editions" that consist of a steelbook, a bunch of paper garbage, some stickers, and a glorified happy meal toy on a regular basis, overcharging the hell out of the smallest Switch cart they make ($30 for Quake, somehow more for the PS5 disc), and all the fake scarcity bullshit. Plus the whole thing with that one garbage game made by one of the founders.

Generally an LRG announcement makes me roll my eyes nowadays because it means the publisher is sitting this one out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Convex posted:

Yeah if I’m going to spend that kind of money on a boxed copy of Blood I’d just buy… a boxed copy of Blood. The extras in this set just seem cheap.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I just want that mousepad. I bet it feels like one of those titty mousepads, all squishy and filled with goo.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Kins posted:

thanks. i got Unreal Gold, Freedom Fighters, NecroVision & Lost Company, Rogue Trooper, and Journeyman Project Pegasus Prime (which isn't an FPS but it was on sale)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TheScott2K posted:

I've really grown to loathe LRG. Charging triple digits for "collectors editions" that consist of a steelbook, a bunch of paper garbage, some stickers, and a glorified happy meal toy on a regular basis, overcharging the hell out of the smallest Switch cart they make ($30 for Quake, somehow more for the PS5 disc), and all the fake scarcity bullshit. Plus the whole thing with that one garbage game made by one of the founders.

Generally an LRG announcement makes me roll my eyes nowadays because it means the publisher is sitting this one out.

Agree. They really rub me the wrong way as a company.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

They suck.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I just want the pins and maybe the keychain.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
It would be cool if they sold the bits separately but I guess that's not as profitable as going for whales with their $150 bullshit

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

It would be cool if they sold the bits separately but I guess that's not as profitable as going for whales with their $150 bullshit

I mean other than the mouse mat and the box none of to me actually even looks that great. Like even the poster I feel like they could of found much better art for.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Kins posted:

that's a drat good sale. how mane of these will work on Steam Deck does anyone know?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that's a drat good sale. how mane of these will work on Steam Deck does anyone know?
I don't have a Steam Deck (and won't for a long time since I live in a convict backwater colony) but people who do tell me that you can grab Heroic Games Launcher from the Discover app for easy access to GOG and Epic stuff.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ymmv with the games themselves. The most recent official Quake source port runs perfectly, but HROT runs at single digit FPS.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Narcissus1916 posted:

This is your monthly reminder that Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is a fantastic shooter!

I bought this a while back but had to stop playing because I found it impossible to pick the enemies out of the background and I can’t shoot what I can’t see. It really killed the game for me.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Tiny Timbs posted:

ymmv with the games themselves. The most recent official Quake source port runs perfectly, but HROT runs at single digit FPS.
also at least with the classics if the GOG version doesn't run, there might be a Linux source port out there. if it's DOSBOX, it'll depend on how GOG has configured it, some Steam DOSBOX stuff just doesn't work because it's tailored for Windows PCs, so like the whole 3D Realms anthology for example doesn't work on the Deck (but I'm sure if I changed from windows DOSBOX to arch DOSBOX it'd be OK, because they run fine on my Anbernic)

i have not tried EmuDeck but that might help with the DOS games i guess. i really don't know!! i'm just hoping non-dos game NecroVision will work fine OOTB

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i don't have a deck but I've heard retroarch's dospox pure core is pretty good